Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Audi Q7 vs Volvo XC60 vs BMW X6, Tips on buying

views

HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 7 2021, 12:13 AM

On my way
500 posts

If you have a really STRICT budget of max RM5k a year, then you'll have a hard time. If it's RM5k a year on AVERAGE, then it's doable. The issue is what if you encounter major repairs all within the same or 2 years, you're bound to hit way beyond the 10k allocated for 2 years.

If you can afford to throw in beyond 10k a year if everything goes wrong at the same time, then go for it. After you get the major refreshes/repairs out of the way, basic yearly maintenance should be reasonable with your budget, and the average yearly cost will even out over the years.
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 7 2021, 03:36 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 7 2021, 08:56 AM)
Agree, i am helping my father's BMW e90 320d in maintenance. Even 3 series without much issue also require around 5k of maintenance budget a year, so if you went up to bigger SUV you need to budget more as a lot of parts is more rare and expensive compare to the common 3 series OTR. Even tires itself already cost few k just to replace, unless you willing to take risk picking up those cheap China tires.
QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Apr 7 2021, 11:30 AM)
Then really cheap. Similar to any Japan sedan. Replaced 18" tyre cost rm2.3k. EO Fully synthetic, Filter around 200 per 6 months. So rm2.3k + 200 + 200 for a year maintenance.
Yeap speaking from experience as well. Definitely not trying to plant false fear in TS, as I actually think it's quite affordable and doable compared to what other people who never experienced or owned before always say.

Just advising to prepare for worst case scenario in case if it does happen so that TS is not caught with their pants down. But if worst case scenario can be handled as well, then not an issue at all and by all means go for it!
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 9 2021, 08:35 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 9 2021, 03:46 PM)
Actually it is far more than that, new BMW spare part support at aftermarket is actually quite good if you direct source from authorize spare part shop like stuttgard or bavarian auto ther parts nearly every week got shipment direct from Germany cutting short of the logistic time compare to others. They can give plenty of options from original to OEM. Owning or maintaining a BMW locally should not be an issue, unless only your pocket is not deep enough.  laugh.gif
Btw may I know where do you maintain your bimmer? I have a shop who lets me bring my own parts but they always try to sell their parts at their price first and it's getting awkward haha... I'm interested to know which shop you usually send to or if you have encountered any that welcomes their customers in bringing their own parts.
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 12 2021, 10:25 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 12 2021, 09:30 AM)
My Mechanic shop is in Penang. They got  terms, if you bring your own parts they wont warrant any issue but only for workmanship.
So you also got risk if buying the wrong part. But lucky i went to authorize spare part shop, if you knew your chassis no. and in original states usually the spare part is standard and can direct fit.
I see.

Yeap, I have no issues with the workshop if the parts are faulty. Just want to look for a workshop with good workmanship, but welcome customers to bring their own parts as it gets awkward when I bring my own parts all the time when the workshop quotes their parts' prices (marked up).

I always source my parts online or from BA/Stuttgart, depending on the price. Never really had any issue with ordering wrong parts. Just do your due diligence, use RealOEM, etc.
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 13 2021, 09:32 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 13 2021, 08:40 AM)
BTW if your ride is CKD local BMW, sometimes online platform like RealOEM is not accurate also. I also kena few times of wrong part ordered reference from RealOEM..  laugh.gif But it is a learning stage of owning it.. Need to take picture of the part and compare with online part no. first before proceed.. If better search for BMW part no. printed on it..  icon_idea.gif
Oh issit? Haha I didn't think that would occur at all cuz our VIN is region-based. But thanks for sharing your experience

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:41 PM