Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Audi Q7 vs Volvo XC60 vs BMW X6, Tips on buying

views

littlefire
post Apr 12 2021, 09:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Xonius @ Apr 9 2021, 07:17 PM)
lol, 5k a year maintenance budget for these premium and OLD contis is VERY little. I'm assuming roadtax is not a part of your 'maintenance' budget, else you'll suffer.

Audis are notoriously expensive to fix and breaks down regularly, i am ex audi owner, sold it off for a fraction of the price i bought it for, it was costing me insane amounts to get parts replaced or repaired. The headlights itself cost me 8k per pair, not even an Audi Q7, i heard from my mechanic that their SUV can burn a very deep hole in your pocket. Not to mention the tyres aren't cheap by any means. My Audi started showing major problems after 5 years.

My suggestion, either you buy a new one with full warranty for ANY conti, or just buy a japanese/local SUV, save you the headache and financial troubles.

from the looks of it, your case is a typical "biar papa asal bergaya", not worth it bro.
Yup. The road tax & insurance i did not include it in my 5k budget as it is for maintenance. But for E90 320d since it is almost 10 years the insurance coverage & road tax also reasonable nowadays. Anyway Audi been always famous for higher cost maintenance, my mechanic did most continental cars also feedback that in term of the big 3 Audi will always cost higher compare to Merc or BMW for equivalent model range.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Apr 12 2021, 09:41 AM
littlefire
post Apr 12 2021, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Apr 9 2021, 06:38 PM)
Yes. Keyword is deep pocket.

But the options you mentioned could exceed ts budget
Well, until today most BMW, Merc & Audi spare parts still imported from German. The spare part price is actually still reasonable even you compare to equivalent parts from Japan (Lexus) A lot of people tent to think German parts must be expensive, but when you compare with equivalent Japanese ride it is actually not that far apart (If you direct purchase from authorize spare part shop). The only good thing for Japanese ride is they tent to be reliable/last longer, but logistic & spare part availability i believe German got the advantage.
electron
post Apr 12 2021, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,328 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 12 2021, 09:37 AM)
Yup. The road tax & insurance i did not include it in my 5k budget as it is for maintenance. But for E90 320d since it is almost 10 years the insurance coverage & road tax also reasonable nowadays. Anyway Audi been always famous for higher cost maintenance, my mechanic did most continental cars also feedback that in term of the big 3 Audi will always cost higher compare to Merc or BMW for equivalent model range.
An uncle who used to work with one of the big 3rd party workshop which does service and parts for conti cars advised to stay away from recond or out of warranty Audi if possible (among the 3 brands)
ayamxxx
post Apr 12 2021, 11:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,074 posts

QUOTE(electron @ Apr 12 2021, 10:59 AM)
An uncle who used to work with one of the big 3rd party workshop which does service and parts for conti cars advised to stay away from recond or out of warranty Audi if possible (among the 3 brands)
mercedes is ok pretty reliable. based on my family w212 E250 2015. after warranty, service it outside also similar price relatively to japan car. higher a bit for Fully Syn EO as it needs more EO than most Japan sedan.

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Apr 12 2021, 11:36 AM
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 12 2021, 10:25 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 12 2021, 09:30 AM)
My Mechanic shop is in Penang. They got  terms, if you bring your own parts they wont warrant any issue but only for workmanship.
So you also got risk if buying the wrong part. But lucky i went to authorize spare part shop, if you knew your chassis no. and in original states usually the spare part is standard and can direct fit.
I see.

Yeap, I have no issues with the workshop if the parts are faulty. Just want to look for a workshop with good workmanship, but welcome customers to bring their own parts as it gets awkward when I bring my own parts all the time when the workshop quotes their parts' prices (marked up).

I always source my parts online or from BA/Stuttgart, depending on the price. Never really had any issue with ordering wrong parts. Just do your due diligence, use RealOEM, etc.
littlefire
post Apr 13 2021, 08:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,147 posts

QUOTE(HalseyFrangipane @ Apr 12 2021, 11:25 PM)
I see.

Yeap, I have no issues with the workshop if the parts are faulty. Just want to look for a workshop with good workmanship, but welcome customers to bring their own parts as it gets awkward when I bring my own parts all the time when the workshop quotes their parts' prices (marked up).

I always source my parts online or from BA/Stuttgart, depending on the price. Never really had any issue with ordering wrong parts. Just do your due diligence, use RealOEM, etc.
BTW if your ride is CKD local BMW, sometimes online platform like RealOEM is not accurate also. I also kena few times of wrong part ordered reference from RealOEM.. laugh.gif But it is a learning stage of owning it.. Need to take picture of the part and compare with online part no. first before proceed.. If better search for BMW part no. printed on it.. icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by littlefire: Apr 13 2021, 08:53 AM
HalseyFrangipane
post Apr 13 2021, 09:32 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 13 2021, 08:40 AM)
BTW if your ride is CKD local BMW, sometimes online platform like RealOEM is not accurate also. I also kena few times of wrong part ordered reference from RealOEM..  laugh.gif But it is a learning stage of owning it.. Need to take picture of the part and compare with online part no. first before proceed.. If better search for BMW part no. printed on it..  icon_idea.gif
Oh issit? Haha I didn't think that would occur at all cuz our VIN is region-based. But thanks for sharing your experience
TStechman007
post Apr 14 2021, 10:20 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Apr 6 2021, 11:54 AM)
If die die need to choose this 3, i will pick X6 with the xDrive30d model using the 2nd gen N57 6-cylinder diesel engine. Get the 1 with LCI model, as a lot of early X6 model got a lot of design issue which only start improve implement in LCI.
Thanks for those details ๐Ÿ‘
TStechman007
post Apr 14 2021, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Apr 9 2021, 09:08 AM)
In terms of features, all 3 cars won't be comparable with something like, say the X50.

In terms of reliability, Mechanically at least, the Bimmer, while no where as reliable as a merc, most foremen know how to fix an inline 6 bimmer. for the XC60, the Drive-E variants are reported to be more reliable than the ford ecoboost derived models. which version of the Q7 are you eyeing btw? 3.0 TDI? 3.6 Petrol? 4.2 Petrol?

Maintenance wise, given your budget, you would most likely be servicing/fixing your ride at an independent work shop. Not a bad thing, if the foreman knows what he is doing.

After market parts/recond parts/chop shop parts for a bimmer should be a lot easier to source compared to the Audi and Volvo, how long they last tho, is an entirely different matter.

With due respect and given your budget, you're better off with a used Harrier, or a 3008 or a tiguan under warranty.
Thanks for your very useful advice. I was looking for Audi petrol. Iโ€™m now considering Q5 as well.

TStechman007
post Apr 14 2021, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(Xonius @ Apr 9 2021, 03:17 PM)
lol, 5k a year maintenance budget for these premium and OLD contis is VERY little. I'm assuming roadtax is not a part of your 'maintenance' budget, else you'll suffer.

Audis are notoriously expensive to fix and breaks down regularly, i am ex audi owner, sold it off for a fraction of the price i bought it for, it was costing me insane amounts to get parts replaced or repaired. The headlights itself cost me 8k per pair, not even an Audi Q7, i heard from my mechanic that their SUV can burn a very deep hole in your pocket. Not to mention the tyres aren't cheap by any means. My Audi started showing major problems after 5 years.

My suggestion, either you buy a new one with full warranty for ANY conti, or just buy a japanese/local SUV, save you the headache and financial troubles.

from the looks of it, your case is a typical "biar papa asal bergaya", not worth it bro.
Thanks, maybe thatโ€™s why Audi prices goes so low. But still so tempting to see the features and look of the car at low rates

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:32 PM