Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
jack2
post Nov 21 2021, 07:25 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,359 posts

QUOTE(Hollo @ Nov 21 2021, 07:34 AM)
Same, i really regret buying this brand. Battery bloated a year ago. Replacement 350+ very expensive. Bought a battery in Aliexpress (RM170) and THAT did not bloat, though the battery use time had suffered. It is serviceable. Can not say the same with the stock battery which swells really bad. regret as hell. 3k down the drain. Im considering to sell this laptop when i have my sem break, at the very least recover some funds for another brand.  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
Yes, don't buy in the future this brand. I have the battery swollen issue in less than a year after bought and I am light user.
jack2
post Nov 21 2021, 07:30 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,359 posts

QUOTE(newpirate @ Apr 5 2021, 05:38 PM)
Had similar issue, but it wasn't noticeable as TS, I didn't aware of it until they told me so.

My laptop is from Sep-2019 batch, recently sent in for display issue They told me the battery is swollen and asked for replacement at RM 390. I've confronted their CS on the issue and the best they can offer is RM50 discount, despite they had offered FREE or 50% discount replacement for other forumers.

I bought my laptop at around 3.5k and now I had to pay an extra 11% cost after only 1.5 years of usage.

I would advise people to do their research properly on this brand before purchasing.
QUOTE(incubus_skj @ Apr 6 2021, 09:50 AM)
buy another brand and don't look back

recommend lenovo / MSi / ROG depending on your budget
QUOTE(wookp @ Apr 7 2021, 07:21 AM)
You can open up the laptop, find out the battery model and search in shopee and get a replacement battery for less than 200. I did that for my onyx. I have used 2 illegear laptops (Z5 and Onyx) and both has battery issues.
After this experience, I won't buy any laptop that doesn't have service centre in my city or state because warranty wise is susah because you need to courier and got risk with courier.

jack2
post Nov 25 2021, 01:02 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,359 posts

This is the worst laptop and company I encountered.

I told them I will be in KL and come to your service centre to claim battery and they told me to come on Thursday due to Wednesday they had stock take.

When I arranged to come on Thursday and reached their service centre, they told me no stock on the battery.

I scold them immediately because I have WhatsApp them with prior arrangement but they were quiet without reply.

So I am very hot
jack2
post Nov 26 2021, 09:30 AM

Mr
All Stars
14,359 posts

QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ Nov 25 2021, 07:14 PM)
Hello jack2,

We're sorry to hear about the difficulty that you have. This is certainly not the experience we like to hear from our customers.  notworthy.gif

Although we are having stock take during your visit today, our technical support has managed to perform a battery replacement for you on the spot.

Should you have any further question regarding your product / service, you may contact our customer service at @0182618599.

Cheers~
Appreciated for your assistant to help to replace the battery on the spot after certain voice up on the response given by your team when I was told that there were no stocks on the battery and need to wait for 1 day to arrive against the no replies (quiet) from the Whatsapp whereby I have indicated that I will be visiting today and my intention is to replace battery on the spot or at the same day to allow me bring back to Penang without the need to courier.

If there is no stocks or else, I wish I could be informed over the Whatsapp and not just quiet over there until I reached and I was told otherwise. If I didn't raise my voice and concern, I think I won't get back replacement on the spot.

Anyhow, these all are my experience throughout the whole process and I would say all are not good since the first day of buying this brand especially the delays in delivering the laptop.

I hope improvement can be made so you won't lost your share market.

jack2
post Feb 23 2022, 11:25 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,359 posts

QUOTE(rapple @ Feb 23 2022, 11:03 PM)
Omg this battery issue is so common. My 1.5 years raven se can only last 1 hour without plug in and I'm only using it for excel and accounting software.

Paid 4k for a local brand turn out is the worst purchase decision ever.
You are on the same boat as me and others.

I just use it for usual daily work and most of the time are on firefox, microsoft office....
jack2
post Jun 7 2022, 08:15 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,359 posts

QUOTE(JiauBoy @ Jun 7 2022, 04:05 PM)
Reached 3rd year the motherboard fried. And Not long hour or heavy usage. Wanna charge abt 800 to repair with no not sure fix problem .
Most most of the then it in the service Center then use. Already Give up this rubbish brand.
Yes, better give up.

I also give up this rubbish brand. Hope many will read about this thread and reconsider again when going to buy.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:03 PM