Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2021 toyota vios or honda city, Looking for new car, budget range 80k+

views

TSshinlost
post Apr 4 2021, 12:58 AM, updated 3y ago

9 posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeking for opinion and advice from anyone about 2021 toyota vios g spec and 2021 honda city v spec. Currently I'm driving proton saga blm (first batch), and the condition of my car is the worst. Because of the sale tax exemption, I wanna to take this opportunity to change new car.

Priority I was looking is:
1. Resell value
2. Safety
3. Conform
4. Sustainable, not too bad quality

I tested drive both vios and city. So far both I'm quite satisfied. I felt City is more conform and power, while Vios have more safety techs like pre collision system, lane departure alert and etc.

Currently I'm in state of more favour in vios because it provide more stuff than city. E.g beside safety techs feature, it's does come with security tint, front video recorder, body kits, window visor.

However the only thing holding me back is I hear rumours said vios roof is very thin and roof noice was very loud when heavy rain. Not sure if anyone can confirm latest vios gen 3 or 2021 this issue is still persist?

I also do welcome others opinion and comment ya.
Thanks everyone!
fireballs
post Apr 4 2021, 01:54 AM

5,627 posts

Your priority is resale value
So stick to toyota.
You would consider x50 and ativa as well.

Personally for sedan I would consider nissan.
Else would be yaris

This post has been edited by fireballs: Apr 4 2021, 01:58 AM
HeartR0bber
post Apr 4 2021, 02:08 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

toyota win big time in this case, easy to find spare parts and resale value
Captain89
post Apr 4 2021, 03:18 AM

Simple person
3,056 posts

Resell value definitely vios win as well as safety features. Why you’re worried about resell value since you drive first batch saga till this long already. By now any car will surely depreciate a lot
clockpulses
post Apr 4 2021, 07:04 AM

Casual
386 posts

I definitely can relate with ts on why he wants a good rv and safety as his top 2 priority. Saga blm first batch is basically a very tin kosong spec. The lowest variant don't even have 2 airbags and abs. Nowadays where all people drive so fast, I'm glad ts selling it. It is not safe especially when you driving in a highway. As for the RV, I sold mine that time it only worth less than 10k after 5 years. I have to topup to make full settlement to bank. Don't want to do that anymore

I would suggest going for Vios too. The 2020 facelift dam nice with its new projector led. As for the performance, i don't care so much it being slower than the City. Faster car tend to make you speeding. Not like the Vios is too slow to even overtake a car pun. To me it just nice. Good power weight ratio. As for the roof, not sure about this.

This post has been edited by clockpulses: Apr 4 2021, 07:07 AM
ktek
post Apr 4 2021, 11:39 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

dont worry. raining time roof noise is audible. wont be bad as ur old ride.
ktek
post Apr 4 2021, 11:40 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

time to go vious becos u r buying techs
the rest are not much diff among two choice u mentioned
caviars
post Apr 4 2021, 12:42 PM

Regular
1,121 posts

Based on the top priorities you listed, Vios G is the obvious choice.

1. Resell value. Toyota usually has better resale value (historically).
2. Safety. More safety feature and tech. Rear disc brake, additional airbag, Blind Spot Monitor, Forward Collision Warning etc
3. Conform. Not sure what this mean.
4. Sustainable, not too bad quality. Generally Toyota is better on build quality.

As for the roof, I think it was fixed (padded) in the 2019 version. I saw a YouTube video mentioned this.

The City V is not bad, but Honda spec it poorly and reserve all the new features for the RS.

ssmui
post Apr 4 2021, 01:38 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(caviars @ Apr 4 2021, 12:42 PM)
Based on the top priorities you listed, Vios G is the obvious choice.

1. Resell value. Toyota usually has better resale value (historically). 
2. Safety. More safety feature and tech. Rear disc brake, additional airbag, Blind Spot Monitor, Forward Collision Warning etc 
3. Conform. Not sure what this mean.
4. Sustainable, not too bad quality. Generally Toyota is better on build quality.

As for the roof, I think it was fixed (padded) in the 2019 version. I saw a YouTube video mentioned this.

The City V is not bad, but Honda spec it poorly and reserve all the new features for the RS.
#3 Confirm. ===> to TS, it means comfortable ya
nephalem
post Apr 4 2021, 01:57 PM

10 posts

sorry to sidetrack abit, between Yaris and vios, which has a better resell value?
cyapd
post Apr 4 2021, 07:02 PM

Who am I?
1,489 posts

QUOTE(nephalem @ Apr 4 2021, 01:57 PM)
sorry to sidetrack abit, between Yaris and vios, which has a better resell value?
I would say vios has the better RV.
6UE5T
post Apr 4 2021, 08:01 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

Get the Vios, wins in all your criteria. City has advantages in power and handling which are not in your priorities.
kem96
post Apr 4 2021, 08:08 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

Do you carry people around too or have family? Or do long distance drive too? For me this also some of the consideration. City is larger in the rear and slightly larger boot. Also got rear aircond vent compared too vios does not have any(main turn off for me). And city have cruise control which is quite good feature to have if always do long drive in highway. Just some of other details you might want to consider thumbup.gif
Kilohertz
post Apr 4 2021, 09:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

I would say toyota's quality is better than honda.
howszat
post Apr 4 2021, 09:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

Not really that much difference between these 2.

Just buy the one you like.

This post has been edited by howszat: Apr 4 2021, 09:27 PM
kdr93
post Apr 4 2021, 10:37 PM

On my way
534 posts

Based on your requirements, vios is the better choice.

I remember reading/watching a review where they mentioned they have updated the roof insulation.

But if it is really not enough, you can easily add better sound proofing for the roof, and wouldnt cost too much

I really wouldnt consider it a big issue, or let it be a reason not to choose the vios.
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 4 2021, 10:42 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Somehow i feel City is more "tin kosong" than Vios.

RV is almost the same actually.
BravoZeroTwo
post Apr 4 2021, 10:46 PM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(kem96 @ Apr 4 2021, 09:08 PM)
Do you carry people around too or have family? Or do long distance drive too? For me this also some of the consideration. City is larger in the rear and slightly larger boot. Also got rear aircond vent compared too vios does not have any(main turn off for me). And city have cruise control which is quite good feature to have if always do long drive in highway. Just some of other details you might want to consider thumbup.gif
City is also wider by a fair bit than Vios. The seats are certainly more comfy as they are wider and longer. The rear seat of the Vios the measurement is the same as Myvi and also lower headroom. City has telescopic steering wheel which many cars in the B segment do not offer one. A deal breaker for a comfortable drive. New engine too to end. Cheers.
ry8128
post Apr 4 2021, 11:03 PM

♣Just a noob♣
3,382 posts

As a owner of few Hondas, I dun suggest u to take honda. Many qc problems for the recent few years. Toyota will be a better bet.

As for resale value, it's very hard to say. Toyota is not rv king anymore. Eg, my civic fc pawn altis in term of rv, not even close. U still need to fork out >70% of the original price to get a 5 years old civic. While for altis it's around 60% or lower.
Nshade
post Apr 5 2021, 12:28 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

As a 1st time honda city owner, go with toyota with your list of requirement.
The reason i went for City cos it uses DOHC and updated body frame. Unfortunately, it lacks of others.
As much as i disliked UMW, but toyota is hard to beat in term of after sales and features given.

I mean, vios has 7 airbags and city only has 4 airbags.
If you ask why Honda sales is getting the hyped? Look at their rebates, it's a lot.

This post has been edited by Nshade: Apr 5 2021, 12:52 AM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:09 PM