Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Giant 90"++ TV's.. what are these about?!?, Quora: Scam? Misrep? Obscure conspiracy?

views

TSmkooz
post Apr 3 2021, 08:02 PM, updated 3y ago

6 posts

Hello!

Does anyone know what's the deal with all these TV listings of China origin on shopping platforms (like Shopee, and Lazada) advertising super large 4k TV screens - typically 95, 100, 105 inches and above - for such crazy low prices? I understand that most don't mention picture quality, audio specs, and OS etc. but some of these 90+ inch TV's are priced really low and if there was any merit to legitimacy, I was thinking of just purchasing a unit just to satisfy my curiosity and size consciousness... but then I'm fairly certain I'm missing something obvious here, and would like to ask if anybody has experience with these sorta items?

I note that despite the many many ads and listings on Shopee, Lazada etc. I can't find an instance where a sale was made, and a simple google search doesn't return much. In the first place, I'm not sure what I'm looking for because to my knowledge TV's of these specs have not hit the market yet (except for the 90++ inch Redmi one) and these listings I'm referring to have actually been around for years... a common brand with such features that I remember in my 2 years of online window shopping is "Ace".

Example of such listings illustrated below -

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

So yah.... does anyone know what this is about or is it just an outright scam? Seems quite irresponsible of the major shopping platforms to allow so many of these to be rampant...

On the flipside, 100 inches (thereabouts) would look soooo good and would be the perfect size for my living room.. lol.. colors etc. don't bother me much coz i'm color blind but the immersive experience that comes with a giant screen is so tempting.

(Pls. excuse my ignorance if my question is redundant or the answer/solution is blatantly obvious - I have been anti-social and living under a rock in this pandemic)
dun_panic
post Apr 4 2021, 10:57 PM

Casual
433 posts

it is exist, but dont expect quality like samsung sony
TSmkooz
post Apr 5 2021, 09:28 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(dun_panic @ Apr 4 2021, 10:57 PM)
it is exist, but dont expect quality like samsung sony
Thanks for ur response... i went and got it anyway... i asked the seller many questions and was told it is real, its fantastic and other typical salesman pitch... i was hoping this would replace my 85 inch Samsung QLED in the main living room area but ur words and my rational voice is now telling me that my hopes are misguided..

Again, thanks for ur input!
dun_panic
post Apr 5 2021, 03:43 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(mkooz @ Apr 5 2021, 09:28 AM)
Thanks for ur response... i went and got it anyway... i asked the seller many questions and was told it is real, its fantastic and other typical salesman pitch... i was hoping this would replace my 85 inch Samsung QLED in the main living room area but ur words and my rational voice is now telling me that my hopes are misguided..

replacing that with this china seems like a backwards 😅
btw i think its better to get projector for screen larger than 85

This post has been edited by dun_panic: Apr 5 2021, 03:45 PM
Taikor.Taikun
post Apr 17 2021, 04:56 PM

Enthusiast
967 posts

QUOTE(mkooz @ Apr 5 2021, 09:28 AM)

Any short review? Is the quality acceptable?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:54 AM