Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A newbie want to fly., Cinta kali pertama is dangerous..

views

TSIkiNik
post Apr 2 2021, 12:39 AM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
58 posts

Ello, ayam need some advices from yall here. Well..and also a story.

Im 25 this year and have finally start considering picking up a bike.
To be honest I'm kinda spoiled in a way that most of my experience with bikes comes from my dad and bro motorcycles. Even the big gun.

It went without saying that first real love with the machine came in last year when I helped restart my bro Ducati Scrambler 2015. It was left cold, unused close to 2 years.
Battery? Deader than Micheal Jackson.
Tyres? Pretty sure its close to crack.
Oil? Prolly could be mistaken for a pure shot espresso.

No problem, just need some battery change and we can at least confirm whether the old girl is still alive. Key in, switch on.

That whirring from ignition switch, the loud crackle follow by deep rumble from her full system Zard exhaust and the firework explosion just from slight twist of the throttle. I was giggling like a lil girl.

Called it callous, idiotic. But soon after I found myself on it, riding the old girl as she cruised down the road down the blocks. Against all the fear of any of the old parts may proceed to do a surprise uninstallation.

I have to try it. I need to know!

Each pulled of the accelerator send my body flying toward the back, sending whiplash throughout my body. The girl was feisty! Like a horse testing my worth as its rider, it too commandeered me to give her the worthy respect she equally deserves. A couple of minutes later my nerves relaxed and before I knew it I have the largest shit eating grin spread across my face, laughing just like a mad man.
Shit was fucking magical.

That day something grew larger. Pretty sure its more than one thing 🤔.

Nowadays I'm just riding my bro Wave 110. She is old but sturdy. But my mind always wander back to the moment behind the Ducati. I'm not financially strong enough to afford and maintain such bikes. But damn do I want to at least find something that provide experience that closely capture that magical moment with the Ducati.

I do have a B Full license and did consider buying a used bikes, but that thought scares me. Can I maintain it? Hell the old girl is still sitting under the blanket collecting dust all these year as my bro bought a newer Ducati of the same model yet I don't have any money to fix her up.

Now with a proper job, but still not enough to support this interest, my bro recommended Honda ADV150. But honestly i dont know. I have my doubt.
Any bikes should be fine right? I dont have to be so choosy now do I? Better just learn the basic of taking care of motorcyles if Im betul2 serius.
alexei
post Apr 2 2021, 01:53 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Apr 2 2021, 12:39 AM)
Ello, ayam need some advices from yall here. Well..and also a story.

Im 25 this year and have finally start considering picking up a bike.
To be honest I'm kinda spoiled in a way that most of my experience with bikes comes from my dad and bro motorcycles. Even the big gun.

It went without saying that first real love with the machine came in last year when I helped restart my bro Ducati Scrambler 2015. It was left cold,  unused close to 2 years.
Battery? Deader than Micheal Jackson.
Tyres? Pretty sure its close to crack.
Oil? Prolly could be mistaken for a pure shot espresso.

No problem, just need some battery change and we can at least confirm whether the old girl is still alive. Key in, switch on.

That whirring from ignition switch, the loud crackle follow by deep rumble from her full system Zard exhaust and the firework explosion just from slight twist of the throttle. I was giggling like a lil girl.

Called it callous, idiotic. But soon after I found myself on it, riding the old girl as she cruised down the road down the blocks. Against all the fear of any of the old parts may proceed to do a surprise uninstallation.

I have to try it. I need to know!

Each pulled of the accelerator send my body flying toward the back, sending whiplash throughout my body. The girl was feisty! Like a horse testing my worth as its rider, it too commandeered me to give her the worthy respect she equally deserves. A couple of minutes later my nerves relaxed and before I knew it I have the largest shit eating grin spread across my face, laughing just like a mad man.
Shit was fucking magical.

That day something grew larger. Pretty sure its more than one thing 🤔.

Nowadays I'm just riding my bro Wave 110. She is old but sturdy. But my mind always wander back to the moment behind the Ducati. I'm not financially strong enough to afford and maintain such bikes. But damn do I want to at least find something that provide experience that closely capture that magical moment with the Ducati.

I do have a B Full license and did consider buying a used bikes, but that thought scares me. Can I maintain it?  Hell the old girl is still sitting under the blanket collecting dust all these year as my bro bought a newer Ducati of the same model yet I don't have any money to fix her up.

Now with a proper job,  but still not enough to support this interest, my bro recommended Honda ADV150. But honestly i dont know. I have my doubt.
Any bikes should be fine right? I dont have to be so choosy now do I?  Better just learn the basic of taking care of motorcyles if Im betul2 serius.
thumbsup.gif
leon898
post Apr 2 2021, 08:31 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

judging from your writing, I don't think ADV will suite you. What's your budget?

VWXYZ
post Apr 2 2021, 08:46 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

if you're looking for power, stay away from adv150. with limited budget, i'd start with used kawasaki or yamaha 250s

TSIkiNik
post Apr 2 2021, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Apr 2 2021, 08:31 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

judging from your writing, I don't think ADV will suite you. What's your budget?
QUOTE(VWXYZ @ Apr 2 2021, 08:46 AM)
if you're looking for power, stay away from adv150. with limited budget, i'd start with used kawasaki or yamaha 250s
ADV is just that weak or its just not build for speed?

Budget wise, it is around 10k-12k if its brand new motorcycle that my bro also interested in (eg: the ADV150), since he's willing to apply for loan under his name. Ofc, given if he's INTERESTED with said bike.

If used bike, my bro prolly won't help me much. Idk, maybe if I find a really good deal he may change his mind lol.
In that case, that will left me around 5k-9k of budget if I saved up for a few months. Realistically speaking.

For additional info, i have never done a bank loan/have any commitment. So making loan under my name is gonna be tough.
alexei
post Apr 2 2021, 01:41 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Apr 2 2021, 01:11 PM)

Budget wise, it is around 10k-12k if its brand new motorcycle that my bro also interested in (eg: the ADV150), since he's willing to apply for loan under his name. Ofc, given if he's INTERESTED with said bike.

If used bike, my bro prolly won't help me much. Idk, maybe if I find a really good deal he may change his mind lol.
In that case, that will left me around 5k-9k of budget if I saved up for a few months. Realistically speaking.

For additional info, i have never done a bank loan/have any commitment. So making loan under my name is gonna be tough.
It's 150cc, so... both.
Why your bro neglect the first bike?
Save at least 20k for a proper bike, then some for immediate maintenance if you buy used.
leon898
post Apr 2 2021, 02:05 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

I would vote for Pulsar/Duke 200 due to more engaging ride (manual clutch).

mdziaf
post Apr 2 2021, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

Would also propose the Modenas Pulsar - NS or RS is purely up to you if you like naked or faired bikes. TVS Apache 200 is also something to consider but dealership/maintenance might be a bit of a headache.

Since you only mentioned that you want that punchy pulling feeling, there are some really powerful kapchais you can consider Honda RS150R, Y-Suku/ Y16?, Benelli RFS150i or you can go for the Sym VF3i 185cc bike. They should all be within your budget..
TSIkiNik
post Apr 4 2021, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Apr 2 2021, 01:41 PM)
It's 150cc, so... both.
Why your bro neglect the first bike?
Save at least 20k for a proper bike, then some for immediate maintenance if you buy used.
He got it 2nd hand, with good deal but its from Thailand(surprise!). Its his fav bike. In any case, you know how it goes with those bike here in Malaysia. So he finally decided to go legit and bought the same bike, latest model. Ever since then the bike has been left unused, with require need of desmo service. He planned on selling it at 15k, and here I am feeling absolutely horrid at the idea!

QUOTE(leon898 @ Apr 2 2021, 02:05 PM)
I would vote for Pulsar/Duke 200 due to more engaging ride (manual clutch).
QUOTE(mdziaf @ Apr 2 2021, 03:37 PM)
Would also propose the Modenas Pulsar - NS or RS is purely up to you if you like naked or faired bikes. TVS Apache 200 is also something to consider but dealership/maintenance might be a bit of a headache.

Since you only mentioned that you want that punchy pulling feeling, there are some really powerful kapchais you can consider Honda RS150R, Y-Suku/ Y16?, Benelli RFS150i or you can go for the Sym VF3i 185cc bike. They should all be within your budget..
I've rode a friend Pulsar naked version(NS?) before. Design wise I dont really like it, but it felt great! Hit that spot that I wanted. Haven't ride a Duke so jury is still out on that. Love the looks tho!

I have nothing against kapchai. But I guess I just want to experience something new, and kapchai no longer feels adequate haha 😅. Still i think its good to have option. Like you said @mdziaf, kapchai is lot more affordable. Maintanance is also less of a hassle.

Haishhhhh decisionx2 😵

alexei
post Apr 5 2021, 09:18 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Apr 4 2021, 10:47 AM)
He got it 2nd hand, with good deal but its from Thailand(surprise!). Its his fav bike. In any case, you know how it goes with those bike here in Malaysia. So he finally decided to go legit and bought the same bike, latest model. Ever since then the bike has been left unused, with require need of desmo service. He planned on selling it at 15k, and here I am feeling absolutely horrid at the idea!
oh, that's expensive. got some outsiders do desmo service, but still expensive.
mADmAN
post Apr 5 2021, 10:09 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

considering ur new to biking and unsure if ur able to keep up with the maintenance, i do not recommend new bike at all.

and based on ur first post, definitely no scooter for u as ull get so bored of it and wont get the excitement.

save up to get ur 9k. that will be sufficient to get an older kawasaki ninja 250 or z250 depending on ur preference. these bikes have been around long enough and they are very reliable. but being a bigger bike and a 2 cylinder, maintenance cost will definitely be more than a single cylinder (especially at tires and engine oil - but there are cheap alternatives out there if u arent so picky and know where to look), but it wont be as bad as the bigger bikes.

get a used bike as a bike to learn on. not just about riding but about ownership, maintenance etc as well. best part is, u could probably resell the bike for about the same price if u suddenly find the urge to upgrade.
Dreadlock13
post Apr 5 2021, 10:24 AM

Casual
480 posts

From your story.

Well ADV definitely not for You

leon898
post Apr 5 2021, 10:33 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Apr 5 2021, 10:09 AM)
considering ur new to biking and unsure if ur able to keep up with the maintenance, i do not recommend new bike at all.

and based on ur first post, definitely no scooter for u as ull get so bored of it and wont get the excitement.

save up to get ur 9k. that will be sufficient to get an older kawasaki ninja 250 or z250 depending on ur preference. these bikes have been around long enough and they are very reliable. but being a bigger bike and a 2 cylinder, maintenance cost will definitely be more than a single cylinder (especially at tires and engine oil - but there are cheap alternatives out there if u arent so picky and know where to look), but it wont be as bad as the bigger bikes.

get a used bike as a bike to learn on. not just about riding but about ownership, maintenance etc as well. best part is, u could probably resell the bike for about the same price if u suddenly find the urge to upgrade.
yup, I second that. Z250 is very very reliable....provided the previous owner does all the necessary maintenance.
Flyinghighaero
post Apr 6 2021, 06:17 PM

12 posts

250cc below loan rate is a killer. It's up to 10%. Banks won't touch it usually its private lender like Aeon. But getting Aeon loan is easy unless you have been blacklisted before. Actually it's better if you can get personal loan to buy anything below 250cc.

You mention Modenas. Isn't there a 400cc called Dominar. I have seen it sold around 11k cash. Quite similar performance to 250cc. Roadtax is pricier but maintenance should be cheaper due to a 1 cyl and it needs less engine oil.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 PM