Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Investment Gold/Silver - Which refiner should I go with?

views

TSWinkyJr
post Mar 29 2021, 12:12 PM, updated 3y ago

Casual
381 posts

I've been eager to buy my first silver/gold (for collection & investment) but overwhelm by many refiner.
Do refiner have an effect to the quality/price when I am about to sell gold/silver in the future?.

List of refiner that I've been able to collect:

Public Gold
PAMP Suisse
Argor-Heraeus
Perth Mint
Scottsdale

Thanks!
SUSxander83
post Mar 29 2021, 12:34 PM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(WinkyJr @ Mar 29 2021, 12:12 PM)
I've been eager to buy my first silver/gold (for collection & investment) but overwhelm by many refiner.
Do refiner have an effect to the quality/price when I am about to sell gold/silver in the future?.

Public Gold
PAMP Suisse
Argor-Heraeus
Perth Mint
Scottsdale

Thanks!
Perth Mint so far it is good for those whose are into collections as mine was old as the late 80%

I have some PAMP Suisse as well because it has a good demand and supply in the market
Ramjade
post Mar 29 2021, 01:11 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

Public Gold
PAMP Suisse
Argor-Heraeus
Perth Mint
Scottsdale

Thanks!
Open up overseas brokerage, buy SPDR Gold ETF. It's spot price. Difference between buy and sell spread is negligible. Don't waste your time on physical gold cause the spread between the buy and sell can be as high at 5%
TSWinkyJr
post Mar 29 2021, 02:27 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Mar 29 2021, 01:11 PM)
Open up overseas brokerage, buy SPDR Gold ETF. It's spot price. Difference between buy and sell spread is negligible. Don't waste your time on physical gold cause the spread between the buy and sell can be as high at 5%
wow
thanks for the tips
but would like to have and hold physical gold too if possible
the feeling is different biggrin.gif
honsiong
post Mar 29 2021, 03:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,131 posts

I do you better. Buy GLDM - it's SPDR Gold Mini shares, has lower expense ratio, just slightly larger bid ask spread per ounce.
SUSxander83
post Mar 29 2021, 07:24 PM

Blast off like a rocket
6,427 posts

QUOTE(WinkyJr @ Mar 29 2021, 02:27 PM)
wow
thanks for the tips
the feeling is different  biggrin.gif
EMO possession rclxms.gif
Conslow2020
post Mar 29 2021, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

Only buy from Bank UOB if physical Gold lowest spread in Malaysia only around 2 - 4 %

This post has been edited by Conslow2020: Mar 29 2021, 08:42 PM
smokymcpot
post Mar 29 2021, 10:06 PM

Regular
1,171 posts

Public Gold
PAMP Suisse
Argor-Heraeus
Perth Mint
Scottsdale

Thanks!
Just buy refineries which are accredited by LBMA. This ensures liquidity worldwide, AFAIK PG and Scottsdale are not LBMA accredited.
At the end of the day, it is an investment, cheaper the better = lesser premium paid and lesser spread.

My 2 cents

David_Yang
post Mar 29 2021, 10:10 PM

Enthusiast
775 posts

QUOTE(WinkyJr @ Mar 29 2021, 03:27 PM)
wow
thanks for the tips
the feeling is different  biggrin.gif
Yes, physical Gold has many advantages. If you want to buy and hold, go physical. If you want to trade go virtual/paper gold (ETF).

I have some Krugerrand that my siblings and I got from my parents when finishing university. I am not planning to sell, only if desperate. And also bought some more during the years. Will give to my kids when they finish university and/or get married. The good thing about these Krugerrand, you can sell and buy everywhere, in all countries of the world they are traded since many decades. Whatever happens on this planet in the future, having a couple of ounces is the best insurance since more than 2500 years smile.gif
andrewcoffee
post Jun 21 2021, 01:44 PM

28 posts

Public Gold
PAMP Suisse
Argor-Heraeus
Perth Mint
Scottsdale

Thanks!
For me, it's good to have a healthy mix of all. I stack both LBMA (PAMP, Argor-Hereaus, Perth Mint, IGR, PX Precinox, Nadir) and non-LBMA gold (MAA, Amethyst, Public Gold dinars or bars, Wah Chan etc), whichever I got for the best deal. At the end of the day, Gold Is Gold. LBMA gold is technically readily acceptable worldwide, but non-LBMA are just as acceptable, as long as they are tested and confirmed genuine by the jeweler or buyer.

This post has been edited by andrewcoffee: Jun 21 2021, 01:47 PM
romuluz777
post Jun 21 2021, 02:06 PM

Regular
1,447 posts

Besides UOB bank, where we can we buy Krugerrand gold wafers and PAMP Suisse bars ? Say the 100 grams and above sizes.

andrewcoffee
post Jun 21 2021, 04:26 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(romuluz777 @ Jun 21 2021, 02:06 PM)
Besides UOB bank, where we can we buy Krugerrand gold wafers and PAMP Suisse bars ? Say the 100 grams and above sizes.
You can check out https://www.silverbullion.com.my/
It's my go-to bullion dealer for buying physical Gold / Silver at the best price. Krugerrand is a bit hard to come by, but they will list it if they have stock.
romuluz777
post Jun 21 2021, 10:27 PM

Regular
1,447 posts

QUOTE(andrewcoffee @ Jun 21 2021, 05:26 PM)
You can check out https://www.silverbullion.com.my/
It's my go-to bullion dealer for buying physical Gold / Silver at the best price. Krugerrand is a bit hard to come by, but they will list it if they have stock.
Thanks bro, will check it out

andrewcoffee
post Jun 22 2021, 10:03 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(romuluz777 @ Jun 21 2021, 10:27 PM)
Thanks bro, will check it out
You're welcome 😁
Sitting Duck
post Jun 23 2021, 12:51 AM

Casual
404 posts

Anyone tried using this company service? The physical gold price (both buy and sell) offer by this company is tempting and I am considering getting some PAMP gold bar from this company.

https://msgold.com.my/

The reason why I usually go from PAMP is because of VERISCAN. I personallly like maple leaf design but do not know how to validate the gold, same goes for other gold bar/coins.

Thanks
andrewcoffee
post Jun 24 2021, 12:50 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Sitting Duck @ Jun 23 2021, 12:51 AM)
Anyone tried using this company service? The physical gold price (both buy and sell) offer by this company is tempting and I am considering getting some PAMP gold bar from this company.

The reason why I usually go from PAMP is because of VERISCAN. I personallly like maple leaf design but do not know how to validate the gold, same goes for other gold bar/coins. 

Thanks
I have seen this company website before. But have not tried buying anything from them yet. Looks pretty good, another dealer option to obtain physical gold.
The best way to validate gold yourself is by purchasing the Precious Metal Verifier machine, but it's extremely expensive. So I just buy from reputable dealers with official receipts as extra proof of authenticity.

This post has been edited by andrewcoffee: Jun 24 2021, 02:38 PM
romuluz777
post Jun 24 2021, 03:13 PM

Regular
1,447 posts

QUOTE(Sitting Duck @ Jun 23 2021, 01:51 AM)

Thanks
Hmm...they sell the 500g gold ingots...that's quite a rare size locally.
Mostly 1KG and 100 gram bars are sold in M'sia.

andrewcoffee
post Jun 24 2021, 03:43 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(romuluz777 @ Jun 24 2021, 03:13 PM)
Hmm...they sell the 500g gold ingots...that's quite a rare size locally.
Mostly 1KG and 100 gram bars are sold in M'sia.
That's interesting indeed. I'm quite a small gold stacker, so not very familiar with big bars. But I can recommend a few more dealers for price comparison biggrin.gif

https://www.buysilvermalaysia.com/gold-wholesale/
https://mybulliontrade.com/

TSWinkyJr
post Jun 24 2021, 04:29 PM

Casual
381 posts

i wonder, those who buy 1kg gold bar, they come with bodyguard or what?
smokymcpot
post Jun 25 2021, 01:30 PM

Regular
1,171 posts

QUOTE(andrewcoffee @ Jun 24 2021, 03:43 PM)
That's interesting indeed. I'm quite a small gold stacker, so not very familiar with big bars. But I can recommend a few more dealers for price comparison  biggrin.gif

https://www.buysilvermalaysia.com/gold-wholesale/
https://mybulliontrade.com/
Another one to add the list is Silver Bullion : https://www.silverbullion.com.my/

I personally shop with them the most because :

a) Competitively priced (Best to compare all 3 websites before purchasing)
b) Good customer service (so far)
c) Reputation (Only 'international' company in Malaysia as they are based from Singapore and are featured on BBC, Bloomberg and etc.)
d) Nearest to my home biggrin.gif

My 2 cents.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:47 PM