Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

OPPO Oppo Find X3 Pro Discussion Thread, Awaken Colour. Pre-order starts now

views

yadea
post Sep 1 2021, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

New Find X3 Pro user here. Just got my phone a few days ago. Came from a Samsung S8+ after phone died. Was considering between OnePlus 9 Pro, S20 FE and this. In the end, I ended up with this because cant really find local warranty OnePlus 9 Pro. Mainly were AP set aka Global ROM but I want manufacturer warranty instead of AP warranty. As for the S20 FE, it has SD card support which is what I mainly want however, the lower MP count is a bit worrying as I intend to keep the phone for minimum 4 years and that would get outdated quite fast, and in terms of software, it will probably last as long as this Oppo. Also worrying is that Samsung SC and other phone repair guys say that its common for recent flagship boards will just randomly die and S20 FE was included in the list. As for other phones, it doesnt come with a telescopic camera which was 1 major requirement for a phone and the phone which has all my requirements, Xperia 1 and 5 III which has both SD card and headphone jack but its too expensive.

Heres my current findings:
1. Charging. Lets talk about non-VOOC chargers. Using a QC3 charger works fine as it charges ~17W(using usb tester), 10-100% in 1.5 hours. Any other charger only seems to charge at ~9WHAT?!
2. Super VOOC able to charge to full from 20% in exactly 30 mins. Benefits of charging 2 batteries instead of 1.
3. Sometimes double tap to wake doesn't work. Dont like pressing the power button because kinda clicky/loud.
4. Game Space doesnt seem to show FPS when open. In PUBG, it just shows for 1 sec then becomes 0.
5. ~41ºC during Super VOOC charging.
6. ~44ºC while playing PUBG where the heat is kinda burning the hand. During this time, I notice the ping rises until its kinda unplayable. This symptom is also on my S8+ where when it gets too hot, the ping rises, so I need a USB fan blowing at the phone the whole time. Game settings was only at HD not UHD and fps set to Ultimate(60fps) so it wasn't even that high settings. Reducing the framerate to about 39 was better as the phone was cooler and the ping doesnt jump to the red but game doesnt feel as butter smooth as it was on 60 fps.
7. Coming from a Samsung, the bloatware in this is at the next level. Had to spend lots of time uninstalling useless apps which is bundled together and some which cant be removed, I have to adb to disable it.
8. Factory screen protector feels sharp at the edges and leaves lots of finger nail swirls. Finger nail only has light contact only.
9. Screen unlock time using face unlock is super fast, under display fingerprint reader is also fast to unlock.
10. Camera could be a bit stupid, was focusing on a leaf using telephoto and at odd times, its able to focus on it but most of the time it couldnt focus and kept switching camera.
11. Pro Mode in camera has no object outlining when adjusting manual focus to give a visual guidance.
12. In Photos, no swipe up to view details and viewing details for videos is kinda useless as other important information is not shown.
13. Need to adjust to the notifications. Cant swipe notifications down to expand(habbit) but have to press on it. Swiping it left shows options only and swipe right to remove.
14. The blue matte finishing on the back of the phone is so nice to touch. No fingerprints left behind too.

Phone is only a few days old so I havent gotten much time to try out everything yet.

This post has been edited by yadea: Sep 1 2021, 10:56 AM
yadea
post Sep 1 2021, 10:58 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

My set did come with some freebies which im offloading including the Oppo Enco X, 45W AirVOOC wireless charger and the official kevlar case. All MISB.
yadea
post Sep 1 2021, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(jarodlkp @ Sep 1 2021, 10:57 AM)
Great details. I tot the camera was amazing and superior
Photo quality so far so good. I am seeing enough details in the shots taken.
yadea
post Sep 2 2021, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

I have a question regarding warranty. According to the seller, I have 1 year extra warranty(shop is authorized Oppo distributor). However on My Oppo app, it only shows 1 year. Anyone have any experience with this? Oppo is asking plenty of questions when I inquired.
yadea
post Sep 7 2021, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 7 2021, 12:21 AM)
I'm getting this find x3 pro, sacrificing rog 5 along the way. Hope it's worth it.
Whats ur reasoning for that?
yadea
post Sep 13 2021, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

Does anyone know if older vooc chargers work with our Find? Tried using an older vooc charger meant for Find X, Reno, Reno2 which is a 20W charger but the vooc sign doesnt appear when charging. Tested a Baseus vooc car charger and indeed the vooc sign appears.
yadea
post Sep 19 2021, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 18 2021, 04:22 PM)
Should be working just fine, if using the right cable. Is the Baseus VOOC 20w too?
How'd the charging time using 20w even tho no turbo sign appearing?
Havent tested the Baseus much as its a car charger and I havent needed to charge my phone during my travels as I mainly go out to get food only. Using the oppo type c which came with the phone showed VOOC when charging but for the older oppo 20W VOOC charger no vooc came up even with using our type c cable from our phone box. Charging roughly 18W.

For other chargers, I'm guessing that QC and PD chargers can charge at a rate of roughly 18W(my usb tester could only test QC). Those non-standard type chargers (eg:2.4A but is neither QC or PD) gets throttled down to 9W.
yadea
post Sep 20 2021, 05:44 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 20 2021, 02:21 AM)
As I know, 3rd party charger is using multiple preset depending on device we used on. I'm using 20w PD charger too on my previous device and also result very slow charging. Due to that I stop using, might be cable, might be the charging type of the device.

My previous ROG 5 also using 65w PD, can't be used on Find x3 Pro, result very poor charging speed even for 4.5k mah. For me it's either the same spec as provided charger or just live with slow charging speed using other charger.
My concern previously is that Oppo uses its own VOOC standards and any other charger will result in really poor charging rates(as I read online) but since QC and PD seems fine charging at around 18-20W, I'm fine with that. I'm concern that the 65W may lower the battery life fast but thats just a personal fear and theres no evidence to proof so. I do use the 65W once a while especially when I need the phone to charge quickly(eg low battery and I need to leave the house soon). Battery life isnt an issue for me as often it can last around 24 hours.

My only issue is with Oppo as after almost 1 month, they havent resolved my warranty enquiry issue. Supposed to be 2 years but in their oppo system only show 1 year. Each time I send reminder or follow up email, they tell me to be patient as their team is still working on it.
yadea
post Sep 20 2021, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Sep 20 2021, 06:10 PM)
The problem is that China phones don't want to support PD charging at full spec. Most are just limited to 5V x 3A = 15W charging on PD. You don't have to worry about the X3 Pro charging at 65W coz it is charging 2 batteries which means the 65W is actually divided by 2.
yes, i know its charging 2 batteries hence divide 2(5V 2.25A).

Regarding the charging speed i saw it charging at around 9.1V 1.87A (~17W) using a usb tester.
yadea
post Sep 21 2021, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 21 2021, 07:44 PM)
have you check your warranty here? https://support.oppo.com/my/warranty-check/
mine got state there 1 year warranty, and 1 year extended.

for charging speed, our oppo got slow charge at night might be to preserved battery health even more. which normally I don't use. I prefer to charge at morning when I wake up.
Also same. Show only 1 year.
yadea
post Sep 21 2021, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 21 2021, 09:31 PM)
Can show yours? Mine like this.
Mine is just the top part.
yadea
post Sep 24 2021, 07:21 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 23 2021, 08:57 PM)
top is screen protection, it's not the warranty. you might need to ask seller to activate for you.
Sorry saw wrongly. Anyway I have contacted the seller and they told me that there was a mistake as the free 1 year screen crack replacement and extended warranty was for preorder only. They have then compensated me.

Oppo on the other hand, I dont think their gonna get back to me so thats a very bad sign on their end. Also since the getting this phone, I havent even gotten approved to join the Oppo Find X-perience club on fb yet.
yadea
post Sep 25 2021, 11:21 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 25 2021, 10:19 PM)
how did the seller compensated you? and how come they did mistake? did you pre-ordered?
Gave me Supervooc 50W car charger, Enco W11 and RM15 grab food voucher. Due to this, selling off my Baseus 30W vooc car charger.
yadea
post Sep 26 2021, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 26 2021, 01:24 PM)
That's quite a lot of gifts. Congratz. Lucky I prefer to have the extras screen protection plan and another 1 year of warranty.
Curved screen prone to break easier than normal flat screen. Applying tempered glass also harder and easy to get halo effect at edges.

Btw, you're using what TG on yours?
If u mean tempered glass then no im not using anything other than stock screen protector. I dont really like screen protectors on phones since using my S8 as they dont stick well on curved phones or they make it harder to slide the screen especially when gaming or both. Now the glass is very strong and hard to get scratches.
yadea
post Sep 28 2021, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(samsungXP @ Sep 28 2021, 12:03 PM)
what cause my phone now dun have super vooc fast charging ?  it is cable or adapter ?
From what I've experimented with, gotta use vooc cables. Some aftermarket slower vooc chargers dont have vooc symbol come out.
yadea
post Sep 28 2021, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(samsungXP @ Sep 28 2021, 09:01 PM)
mine is all original.used 6 month but today only encounter.i suspect battery got problem
try restart phone and check cable connection. Make sure no dust inside or such. If fail try using another vooc charger to test.
yadea
post Jan 15 2022, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

ColorOS 12 update is out

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0291sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 PM