Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Oppo Find X3 Pro Discussion Thread, Awaken Colour. Pre-order starts now (OPPO)

views

yadea
post Sep 19 2021, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 18 2021, 04:22 PM)
Should be working just fine, if using the right cable. Is the Baseus VOOC 20w too?
How'd the charging time using 20w even tho no turbo sign appearing?
Havent tested the Baseus much as its a car charger and I havent needed to charge my phone during my travels as I mainly go out to get food only. Using the oppo type c which came with the phone showed VOOC when charging but for the older oppo 20W VOOC charger no vooc came up even with using our type c cable from our phone box. Charging roughly 18W.

For other chargers, I'm guessing that QC and PD chargers can charge at a rate of roughly 18W(my usb tester could only test QC). Those non-standard type chargers (eg:2.4A but is neither QC or PD) gets throttled down to 9W.
kamikraze
post Sep 20 2021, 02:21 AM

Iphone 12 Pro Max + Magicwatch 2
6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 19 2021, 07:42 PM)
Havent tested the Baseus much as its a car charger and I havent needed to charge my phone during my travels as I mainly go out to get food only. Using the oppo type c which came with the phone showed VOOC when charging but for the older oppo 20W VOOC charger no vooc came up even with using our type c cable from our phone box. Charging roughly 18W.

For other chargers, I'm guessing that QC and PD chargers can charge at a rate of roughly 18W(my usb tester could only test QC). Those non-standard type chargers (eg:2.4A but is neither QC or PD) gets throttled down to 9W.
As I know, 3rd party charger is using multiple preset depending on device we used on. I'm using 20w PD charger too on my previous device and also result very slow charging. Due to that I stop using, might be cable, might be the charging type of the device.

My previous ROG 5 also using 65w PD, can't be used on Find x3 Pro, result very poor charging speed even for 4.5k mah. For me it's either the same spec as provided charger or just live with slow charging speed using other charger.
Boy96
post Sep 20 2021, 09:16 AM

That's a tripod.
3,444 posts

QUOTE(samsungXP @ Sep 12 2021, 01:17 PM)
overnight only 2-3% drop ? mine more than 10% without wifi or data on.Whats wrong
Mine same as you, around 10% drop overnight
yadea
post Sep 20 2021, 05:44 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 20 2021, 02:21 AM)
As I know, 3rd party charger is using multiple preset depending on device we used on. I'm using 20w PD charger too on my previous device and also result very slow charging. Due to that I stop using, might be cable, might be the charging type of the device.

My previous ROG 5 also using 65w PD, can't be used on Find x3 Pro, result very poor charging speed even for 4.5k mah. For me it's either the same spec as provided charger or just live with slow charging speed using other charger.
My concern previously is that Oppo uses its own VOOC standards and any other charger will result in really poor charging rates(as I read online) but since QC and PD seems fine charging at around 18-20W, I'm fine with that. I'm concern that the 65W may lower the battery life fast but thats just a personal fear and theres no evidence to proof so. I do use the 65W once a while especially when I need the phone to charge quickly(eg low battery and I need to leave the house soon). Battery life isnt an issue for me as often it can last around 24 hours.

My only issue is with Oppo as after almost 1 month, they havent resolved my warranty enquiry issue. Supposed to be 2 years but in their oppo system only show 1 year. Each time I send reminder or follow up email, they tell me to be patient as their team is still working on it.
sleepwalker
post Sep 20 2021, 06:10 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,430 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 20 2021, 05:44 PM)
My concern previously is that Oppo uses its own VOOC standards and any other charger will result in really poor charging rates(as I read online) but since QC and PD seems fine charging at around 18-20W, I'm fine with that. I'm concern that the 65W may lower the battery life fast but thats just a personal fear and theres no evidence to proof so. I do use the 65W once a while especially when I need the phone to charge quickly(eg low battery and I need to leave the house soon). Battery life isnt an issue for me as often it can last around 24 hours.

My only issue is with Oppo as after almost 1 month, they havent resolved my warranty enquiry issue. Supposed to be 2 years but in their oppo system only show 1 year. Each time I send reminder or follow up email, they tell me to be patient as their team is still working on it.
The problem is that China phones don't want to support PD charging at full spec. Most are just limited to 5V x 3A = 15W charging on PD. You don't have to worry about the X3 Pro charging at 65W coz it is charging 2 batteries which means the 65W is actually divided by 2.
yadea
post Sep 20 2021, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Sep 20 2021, 06:10 PM)
The problem is that China phones don't want to support PD charging at full spec. Most are just limited to 5V x 3A = 15W charging on PD. You don't have to worry about the X3 Pro charging at 65W coz it is charging 2 batteries which means the 65W is actually divided by 2.
yes, i know its charging 2 batteries hence divide 2(5V 2.25A).

Regarding the charging speed i saw it charging at around 9.1V 1.87A (~17W) using a usb tester.
kamikraze
post Sep 21 2021, 07:44 PM

6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 20 2021, 05:44 PM)

have you check your warranty here? https://support.oppo.com/my/warranty-check/
mine got state there 1 year warranty, and 1 year extended.

for charging speed, our oppo got slow charge at night might be to preserved battery health even more. which normally I don't use. I prefer to charge at morning when I wake up.

yadea
post Sep 21 2021, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 21 2021, 07:44 PM)
have you check your warranty here? https://support.oppo.com/my/warranty-check/
mine got state there 1 year warranty, and 1 year extended.

for charging speed, our oppo got slow charge at night might be to preserved battery health even more. which normally I don't use. I prefer to charge at morning when I wake up.
Also same. Show only 1 year.
kamikraze
post Sep 21 2021, 09:31 PM

6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 21 2021, 08:30 PM)
Also same. Show only 1 year.
Can show yours? Mine like this.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
yadea
post Sep 21 2021, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 21 2021, 09:31 PM)
Can show yours? Mine like this.
Mine is just the top part.
kamikraze
post Sep 23 2021, 08:57 PM

6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 21 2021, 10:53 PM)
Mine is just the top part.
top is screen protection, it's not the warranty. you might need to ask seller to activate for you.
yadea
post Sep 24 2021, 07:21 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 23 2021, 08:57 PM)
top is screen protection, it's not the warranty. you might need to ask seller to activate for you.
Sorry saw wrongly. Anyway I have contacted the seller and they told me that there was a mistake as the free 1 year screen crack replacement and extended warranty was for preorder only. They have then compensated me.

Oppo on the other hand, I dont think their gonna get back to me so thats a very bad sign on their end. Also since the getting this phone, I havent even gotten approved to join the Oppo Find X-perience club on fb yet.
samsungXP
post Sep 25 2021, 07:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,091 posts

phone always heat up coz battery drainning fast
kamikraze
post Sep 25 2021, 10:19 PM

6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 24 2021, 07:21 PM)
Sorry saw wrongly. Anyway I have contacted the seller and they told me that there was a mistake as the free 1 year screen crack replacement and extended warranty was for preorder only. They have then compensated me.

Oppo on the other hand, I dont think their gonna get back to me so thats a very bad sign on their end. Also since the getting this phone, I havent even gotten approved to join the Oppo Find X-perience club on fb yet.
how did the seller compensated you? and how come they did mistake? did you pre-ordered?

QUOTE(samsungXP @ Sep 25 2021, 07:40 PM)
phone always heat up coz battery drainning fast
curious, how's the usage? mine only drain fast when turned on hotspot. I don't do gaming much except for Dead Cell game.
yadea
post Sep 25 2021, 11:21 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 25 2021, 10:19 PM)
how did the seller compensated you? and how come they did mistake? did you pre-ordered?
Gave me Supervooc 50W car charger, Enco W11 and RM15 grab food voucher. Due to this, selling off my Baseus 30W vooc car charger.
kamikraze
post Sep 26 2021, 01:24 PM

6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 25 2021, 11:21 PM)
Gave me Supervooc 50W car charger, Enco W11 and RM15 grab food voucher. Due to this, selling off my Baseus 30W vooc car charger.
That's quite a lot of gifts. Congratz. Lucky I prefer to have the extras screen protection plan and another 1 year of warranty.
Curved screen prone to break easier than normal flat screen. Applying tempered glass also harder and easy to get halo effect at edges.

Btw, you're using what TG on yours?
yadea
post Sep 26 2021, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 26 2021, 01:24 PM)
That's quite a lot of gifts. Congratz. Lucky I prefer to have the extras screen protection plan and another 1 year of warranty.
Curved screen prone to break easier than normal flat screen. Applying tempered glass also harder and easy to get halo effect at edges.

If u mean tempered glass then no im not using anything other than stock screen protector. I dont really like screen protectors on phones since using my S8 as they dont stick well on curved phones or they make it harder to slide the screen especially when gaming or both. Now the glass is very strong and hard to get scratches.
kamikraze
post Sep 27 2021, 02:02 AM

6,372 posts

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 26 2021, 11:07 PM)
If u mean tempered glass then no im not using anything other than stock screen protector. I dont really like screen protectors on phones since using my S8 as they dont stick well on curved phones or they make it harder to slide the screen especially when gaming or both. Now the glass is very strong and hard to get scratches.
I see, good to know. But I prefer matte screen easy to my eye. Naked screen also cool to have but I scare anything happen will directly goes to screen. Haha.
TSchaukeng
post Sep 27 2021, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,245 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Sep 26 2021, 01:24 PM)

If you are looking for TG for curved screen, there are only two types that are usable. Search for either uv glue tempered glass or full glue tempered glass. Both types requires skill to apply on your own though and I wouldn't recommend self application without experience, and quite pricey. As for tpu soft type screen protector, there are plenty of selection in the market going for as low as RM10.

QUOTE(yadea @ Sep 26 2021, 11:07 PM)
These screens can get hairline scratches really easily doesn't matter what corning gorilla glasses it's using. You just have to tilt your phone slightly to see it. One slide in and out of the pocket is all you need.
samsungXP
post Sep 28 2021, 12:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,091 posts

what cause my phone now dun have super vooc fast charging ? it is cable or adapter ?

This post has been edited by samsungXP: Sep 28 2021, 05:06 PM

15 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0279sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th July 2022 - 04:52 PM