Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Small Scooter, for pasar trips

views

TSxiper
post Mar 23 2021, 12:21 PM, updated 4y ago

13 posts

hey guys, i'm considering to get a small scooter (<150cc) for some pasar/restaurant trips nearby (<10km), having in mind those models from the popular brands like beAT, Vario, Ego Avantiz. I dont mind getting a used scooter for this purpose or a new one as i saw there is some discount on exercise duty for 150cc and below starting on April.

The scooter will be definitely low in usage, on second thought should i consider on getting models from like Sym, Modenas or other brands? I do not have any experience on those brands, mind of anyone that own a scooter from non major brands (Honda/Yamaha) can share their view in terms of maintenance and reliability?

My daily bike to office and longer distance is MT07 and its quite troublesome on squeezing into smaller parking lots with some double parking id**ts blocking here and there. A small scooter will definitely be handy.

This post has been edited by xiper: Mar 23 2021, 12:22 PM
leon898
post Mar 23 2021, 04:02 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(xiper @ Mar 23 2021, 12:21 PM)
hey guys, i'm considering to get a small scooter (<150cc) for some pasar/restaurant trips nearby (<10km), having in mind those models from the popular brands like beAT, Vario, Ego Avantiz. I dont mind getting a used scooter for this purpose or a new one as i saw there is some discount on exercise duty for 150cc and below starting on April.

The scooter will be definitely low in usage, on second thought should i consider on getting models from like Sym, Modenas or other brands? I do not have any experience on those brands, mind of anyone that own a scooter from non major brands (Honda/Yamaha) can share their view in terms of maintenance and reliability?

My daily bike to office and longer distance is MT07 and its quite troublesome on squeezing into smaller parking lots with some double parking id**ts blocking here and there. A small scooter will definitely be handy.
easy. Honda Beat. very nimble
lorkh
post Mar 23 2021, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

better buy Honda or Yamaha, other brands may not be reliable, esp automatic transmission
Aydee
post Mar 23 2021, 04:09 PM

Mr. Big
735 posts

Vespa S 125
Flyinghighaero
post Mar 23 2021, 05:25 PM

12 posts

Buy the popular models like Y or H. Sym jet 125 also quite popular so spare part easier to get. Not much can go wrong if it is well kept but it's better if you can get Ori belt and air filter

2nd scooter is really cheap but the downside is they tend to be trashed by the owner. Make sure to test ride 1st before buying preowned.
TSxiper
post Mar 23 2021, 05:37 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Flyinghighaero @ Mar 23 2021, 05:25 PM)
Buy the popular models like Y or H. Sym jet 125 also quite popular so spare part easier to get. Not much can go wrong if it is well kept but it's better if you can get Ori belt and air filter

2nd scooter is really cheap but the downside is they tend to be trashed by the owner. Make sure to test ride 1st before buying preowned.
thanks, will check out the Sym Jet, price wise is really cheap as compared to Y and H used scooters.
blizzardcarl92
post Mar 23 2021, 06:33 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

e-scooter owai
amscouzach57
post Mar 23 2021, 07:27 PM

Casual
420 posts

My personal favourite, Honda ADV150
TSxiper
post Mar 24 2021, 09:44 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(amscouzach57 @ Mar 23 2021, 07:27 PM)
My personal favourite, Honda ADV150
yes, fully agreed that the ADV150 is really nice! But sadly im not planning to spend that much for a casual bike for pasar trips...
BlackBananaV6
post Mar 25 2021, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(xiper @ Mar 24 2021, 09:44 AM)
yes, fully agreed that the ADV150 is really nice! But sadly im not planning to spend that much for a casual bike for pasar trips...
Old stock but brand new Honda PCX150 should be on discount now if they are still available, otherwise Honda Vario would be my recommendation.
Air Hendrix
post Mar 25 2021, 09:27 PM

Casual
342 posts

QUOTE(xiper @ Mar 23 2021, 12:21 PM)

Is seat storage an important thing for you? Some of these scooters doesn't have the storage underneath the seat. Might need to spend money to buy a top box.
TSxiper
post Mar 26 2021, 10:55 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Air Hendrix @ Mar 25 2021, 09:27 PM)
Is seat storage an important thing for you? Some of these scooters doesn't have the storage underneath the seat. Might need to spend money to buy a top box.
ya u brought up a good point, i went to check out these few bikes and found out that the Vario actually has a very usable storage space. The Avantiz is moderate but cannot fit a helmet, the beAT is quite small. I have a 43L box on my other bike, will just need to add a givi rack to plug it in. I'm more to the Vario after checking out those sccoters and waiting for the month of April, excise duty might be exempted for 150cc and below.
Air Hendrix
post Mar 26 2021, 08:45 PM

Casual
342 posts

QUOTE(xiper @ Mar 26 2021, 10:55 AM)
ya u brought up a good point, i went to check out these few bikes and found out that the Vario actually has a very usable storage space. The Avantiz is moderate but cannot fit a helmet, the beAT is quite small. I have a 43L box on my other bike, will just need to add a givi rack to plug it in. I'm more to the Vario after checking out those sccoters and waiting for the month of April, excise duty might be exempted for 150cc and below.
IMO 43L top box is a bit overkill for Vario. That kind of top box would be more suitable for big scooters like XMAX, Forza, ME250, etc. Perhaps 30+ish liter top box is more suitable for the small scooter.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    1.01    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 PM