Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

jobs in the future

views

japanheavenguy
post Jun 4 2021, 11:14 PM

4 posts

It really depends on your character, there is no final say based on what you felt now. I suggest not to judge by job saturation but your own interest. Also, don't look down on any profession, respect and be humble. Every profession has its contribution to the society.

Trust me, fate / reality is cruel.

While our life goes on, our character may change. It could be out of desperation. Thus your first choice will be limited to what you got at the first place. But don't fret. Also, if you expect progression, you will not be limited to the work that you found during the early stage, you may take more responsibilities that cover other job scope (accounting, business, sales, technical, procurement, supply and logistic, HR, PR), these are all part of management.

What you chose now may not even be the nature of the work you are doing later in the future. But that's also how life become interesting, work is not work only but also part of life experience.

But if you are looking for some directions, you may want to consider the specific kind of field you are interested, e.g. medical, pharma, security, plantation, manufacturing, tech, edu, f&b, ecommerce, etc. Every field has their own technician, management, admin and support. Lawyer knowledge is needed in all field. Business skills are also needed in all fields. As well as technician and executives. Many thought edu is limited but actually no, think about SUNWAY and UCSI, or gomen uni then we can realize there is also organization with different positions of different job scope in it. Same with research institutes.

Many starts as a salaryman. Unless you are comfortable being a salaryman, with fix 9-6, routine work (which will get bored and burnout or lose passion very soon -> this is how uneasiness and desperation come) and don't mind to keep jumping ships (even jumping ships will reach a point where you are tired of it)

OR you could join any corporate as a management trainee or apprentice, normally will get many opportunities to learn.

HolyValkyrie
post Jun 10 2021, 04:48 PM

Casual
317 posts

Job that requires professional qualification (eg. lawyer, doctor, chartered accountant, certified engineer) won't oversaturated.
TSlordgod P
post Jun 10 2021, 05:21 PM

Probation
22 posts

QUOTE(HolyValkyrie @ Jun 10 2021, 04:48 PM)
Job that requires professional qualification (eg. lawyer, doctor, chartered accountant, certified engineer) won't oversaturated.
Why wont oversaturated ??
HolyValkyrie
post Jun 10 2021, 10:10 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(lordgod @ Jun 10 2021, 05:21 PM)
Why wont oversaturated ??
I suppose I should put rarely instead of won't. So far I only heard oversaturated doctor before covid-19 but none for others.
CSW1990
post Jun 13 2021, 12:18 AM

Enthusiast
990 posts

I would advice that you may go think deeper what job you want to do in the future and what are your life target? Eg. Financial freedom before xx? Work in stable salaried job? 9-6 job till 55? Commission job? Or save money and startup?

Then think about the cost to fulfill these. For example study something at oversea/local U will spend(invest) rm xxxk in 3 years, then your potential career worth this “Investment in uni” or not? Need ask yourself is this the career you want or not in the future.
I have seen a lot people from non rich family spent a lot money send their children go oversea study but after years they came back doing nothing related to what they studied, some quit their job become xx agent, then quit xx agent become yy agent etc. I didn’t say spent this money to widen your mindset or knowledge are bad, but asked yourself first, is it worth or not? If one’s purpose is to earn money, use this rmxxxk to do other things might also be another option.
Most youngster don’t know what they want in the future and simply follow others to choose course
qsrt1616
post Jul 20 2021, 04:22 PM

Regular
1,370 posts

QUOTE(HolyValkyrie @ Mar 30 2021, 11:49 AM)
Service line professional (eg. lawyer, medical, certified accountant).

Tech hard to predict. Rough picture from past until current hot tech career civil>mechanical>electronics>chemical>software>?.
The next could be space/bio tech (microbiology/genetics/bioinformatics)
HolyValkyrie
post Jul 21 2021, 06:20 AM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(qsrt1616 @ Jul 20 2021, 04:22 PM)
Next decade maybe but better work overseas if you're in this field.
MGM
post Jul 23 2021, 08:33 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(qsrt1616 @ Jul 20 2021, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE(HolyValkyrie @ Jul 21 2021, 06:20 AM)
Next decade maybe but better work overseas if you're in this field.
These industries sound great but not here, where u most likely end up as lab assistant or salesman.
And has to be PHD to do research. Luckily we have Spore.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:10 AM