Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

pre-conceiving test

views

TSZforZebra
post Mar 21 2021, 02:28 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
166 posts

in regards to the title above.

is there any pre-conceiving test that needs to be done by both adults?

we plan to conceive at 30/ 31 female age, which is tend to be risky

is there such a test that people to ensure that both parents are compatible?

worry that the offspring will be born with disabilities, which is a burden to the parents & child.

not that worried bout fertility yet, until there is a problem with conceiving.

also those pre marital test from BP are quite useless it seems. testing only on general health of the parents.
which we have done years back, and no problem with both.
murphyckf
post Mar 21 2021, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

Ah boy, there are plenty of test / check up you can do to fulfill your inquiry. Just go to your nearest GP and ask them to recomend you. Ask if there are test for genetic related can pass down one such as Thalassemia, those are worrisome.

Unker married that time got do pre marital check up, see both party got any surprises of any kind of condition. But hor unker most likely will go check up again, check sperm count / health. Unker already 40s, wife is 30s.

Dont put so much stress on conceiving ya, ah boy, gambateh ok, unker wish you and wife luck

TSZforZebra
post Mar 21 2021, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(murphyckf @ Mar 21 2021, 02:57 PM)
Ah boy, there are plenty of test / check up you can do to fulfill your inquiry. Just go to your nearest GP and ask them to recomend you. Ask if there are test for genetic related can pass down one such as Thalassemia, those are worrisome.

Unker married that time got do pre marital check up, see both party got any surprises of any kind of condition. But hor unker most likely will go check up again, check sperm count / health. Unker already 40s, wife is 30s.

Dont put so much stress on conceiving ya, ah boy, gambateh ok, unker wish you and wife luck
thanks for the suggestion. i didnt know GP have the expertise to advise in this field. let me try my usual GP
kswong90
post Jul 13 2021, 05:12 PM

6 posts

ZforZebra, any updates that you could share?
TSZforZebra
post Jul 13 2021, 06:38 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(kswong90 @ Jul 13 2021, 05:12 PM)
ZforZebra, any updates that you could share?
uhm i went to a GP and asked, he said if both of us doesnt have any hereditary or weird diseases, we dont need to do any DNA test.
but if we insist on doing it, we need to go hospital.
clinic only offer simple ones like thalassemia
kswong90
post Jul 13 2021, 08:25 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(ZforZebra @ Jul 13 2021, 06:38 PM)
uhm i went to a GP and asked, he said if both of us doesnt have any hereditary or weird diseases, we dont need to do any DNA test.
but if we insist on doing it, we need to go hospital.
clinic only offer simple ones like thalassemia
Hello, hello. Thanks for reply. OK. I'm sure that won't be a problem. My wife and myself still haven't get to have baby yet. We may be going for fertility assessment test.

Which I misunderstood yours, I thought it was fertility test but yours was more on DNA.
mytrader
post Oct 7 2021, 03:42 PM

Casual
451 posts

QUOTE(kswong90 @ Jul 13 2021, 08:25 PM)
Hello, hello. Thanks for reply. OK. I'm sure that won't be a problem. My wife and myself still haven't get to have baby yet. We may be going for fertility assessment test.

Which I misunderstood yours, I thought it was fertility test but yours was more on DNA.
Fertility test would not be required , you can go for this after you have tried conceiving but failed to get pregnant after some time..

You can opt for genetic / vaccination / STI testing as a risk evaluation.
random.heart P
post Oct 11 2021, 03:28 AM

Probation
31 posts

QUOTE(murphyckf @ Mar 21 2021, 02:57 PM)

Yes, I agreed with Murphy. Best of luck!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:24 AM