Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Public Mutual, PM/PB series fund

views

numbertwo
post May 15 2009, 10:04 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(clement8115 @ May 12 2009, 11:13 PM)
hi friend,

Just call the Customer Service at 03-62075000 and give your I/C Number. They can check all your investments with PB Mutual.

Ask:-
1) How much you have invested
2) How much is the value now
3) How much is the unit price

This is because i just called the CS today cos i malas to wait for my agent to reply me. Very helpful and informative. No need to wait for your agent.

Good luck. biggrin.gif
Or.. you guys should actually try register yourself to access PMutual online.. It give you access to your funds, your holdings, topping up using MEPS..etc.. Great, except you can't do switching yet... smile.gif
numbertwo
post May 21 2009, 10:32 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

Hi joaQuin,
best is to ask your agent to show you a comparison chart of multiple terms (1 year, 3 years, 5, etc.etc) comprises of all islamic related equipty funds... From there u will be able to see which one of them performs better than the rest.. U can also ask him/her to show you during the market breakdown, which fund could sustain better; and vice versa, which funds performed the best when the market started its uptrend wheel.. After getting all these info i'm sure you will be able to decide which islamic eq. suits you best...

numbertwo
post May 21 2009, 11:14 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

mtsen,
if you read my post again, I didn't say to get advice from agents verbally.. i was merely suggest one should ask the agent to show the comparison chart(s) from their software, a tool provided by PM, to see various funds vs periods vs. performance for comparison purposes. I for one , will not listen to any advice by any of the agent, I will trust the performance chart more than anything.. The chart is pretty neat, you will see how a moderate funds outperform an aggressive one during downturn, or how an aggressive funds can have a higher potential when the market turns up...blablabla... it helps in decision making.
numbertwo
post May 21 2009, 04:51 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

haha..no we are not opening a war here, no offence to anyone here indeed.

the tool used by the agent is good in the sense that you can compare a whole lot of funds together, instead of selecting one by one from the website version.
numbertwo
post May 22 2009, 03:45 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

I bought my PFEPRF when it was launched, so imagine how much i lost when the price hit 0.11? But losing big prompted me to invest again when it was in the region of 0.11-0.13-... and you can see now the price has gone back up to 0.18-0.17... about my breakeven point.. What I want to say is since you are into this route already, why not continue instead of leaving it behind? A monthly investment talk (DCA) may not be 100% true all the time, but DCA does help you to recover faster.. So, don't lose your steam in the unit trust as yet... smile.gif
numbertwo
post May 26 2009, 03:27 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(Yutaka Seto @ May 26 2009, 01:50 PM)
Hi, I'm kinda new to all this UT stuff, I've bought PBADBF and PBCPEF and planning to invest more. Should I buy new UT or just top up with the current UT I have? i'm also planning to invest in PBEPEF or PFETIF. Any advice?
Ya, having a plan is essential..
for me i always keep this plan in mind : 1) ensure my plotfolio is balanced, meaning it should span from moderate to aggressive funds evenly, a mixture of islamic and non-islamic. 2) Since i'm using my extra $$ to invest, i have no urgency to withdraw, so if I notice that there is a certain x % of losing, I will pump in some extra to bring down the weighted average cost of my funds in a hope that the fund can crawl back to the positive region a little faster.. I believe it takes a lot more effort for a fund which is in -ve territory to crawl back to +ve if you are not doing anything, so instead of buying new funds why not have some trusts on the old one... heh.. That's me anyway.
numbertwo
post May 28 2009, 02:59 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

I guess not everyone has the luxurious to surf the net day in and out..But by reading the books also won't get you to know all about 'How to invest in unit trust'.. My suggestion is to open up one account with minimum $, play with it, understand how it operates, then learn from there on... Of course if you have a close friend/relative who is not an agent, you can get free consultations anytime, the journey is a lot lesser..
numbertwo
post May 29 2009, 01:51 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 29 2009, 09:03 AM)
numbertwo,

I do not agree with simply throwing your money to learn. In fact, you don't really learn much being an investor unless you have a good consultant who can explain everything to you.
Jordy,
cannot meh? If not, he has to find a rare, but good consultant which lucks has a big role to play... hmm.gif Else, he wud probably hear this kinda comments from a everyday-consultant "hey..this is a new fund, just launched, got discount, good buy''; or say "hey..now market is bull run leh, time to top up some money", or "hey...now bear is running wild, do you want to SELL your units and BUY back later...".... I mean you won't know how UT works until the point you get your hands dirty....we simply just cannot dump in a huge chunk of $$ into UT in a hope that it will grow after some years without personnel enthusiasm being thrown into it..

haih..this cannot , that cannot, i think we better put $$ into FD lor.. smile.gif

numbertwo
post Jun 2 2009, 10:33 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

Derivative, equities, etc. has different risk exposure.. if Jordy sees more opportunities there and can stomach the risk, why not? Do what you think is best for your money, there is no need for such a comment IMO.
numbertwo
post Jun 14 2009, 11:44 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(lieck @ Jun 14 2009, 08:33 PM)
what u said is true.. this is my mistake to invest without knowledge of financial education.. but i have investment that i have to safe it before becoming worst.. should i withdraw all the money??
If you still have some bullets now and not desperate for money, withdrawal should be your last choice.. U should follow a forumer's advice here that is to find out how you can salvage your fund and not losing hope on it. Then with that knowledge, hopefully you have another 10K to invest (not one time, maybe periodically) further into the fund - (try to understand what Dollar Cost Average means in the unit trust, this is the utmost important rule of game in the UT world). PITTIKAL is not a bad fund at all IMO, at least it won some award previously from Lipper for 5-10 years category..so don't lose you hope in this fund as yet..just 2 cents
numbertwo
post Jun 16 2009, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

promotion again when SSEC and other regional stock has benefited from tongkat-ali effect? I don't know how many will yell again if market starts its correction if they got attracted by the mere 0.5% now and jump in with 10K (which is all their $$ good for investment)... shakehead.gif

This post has been edited by numbertwo: Jun 16 2009, 10:58 AM
numbertwo
post Oct 15 2009, 12:55 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(august.decision @ Oct 14 2009, 03:32 PM)
my objective of purchasing the funds is to get positive returns and lock it by repurchase it at my target %...then save up at other place which is less risk like ASW/ASM ...FD...or etc...
then again will purchase funds which i think at a suitable time to make profit to achieve my targeted %......as for me....i don think UT is a safe place to save up my $$ for future....but mayb yes for investing....

i'm still in the process of learning it....since i'm quite new to the investment...so hope all SIFU here would give some advices to me... smile.gif
instead of Repurchase, do a Switch to park the funds into a safer basket (i.e bond / money market)... Else, your earnins will be eaten up by the service charge everytime you purchase the funds again , as rightly mentioned by Jordy..
numbertwo
post Nov 20 2009, 03:29 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

I think what howszat tried to say is,
distribution doesn't increase your total balance/amount, so do not expect your total amount to hike after the distribution. Statement will only show you the date of the distribution if that's all you care about.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0586sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:31 AM