128 Pages « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Public Mutual, PM/PB series fund

views

numbertwo
post May 28 2009, 02:59 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

I guess not everyone has the luxurious to surf the net day in and out..But by reading the books also won't get you to know all about 'How to invest in unit trust'.. My suggestion is to open up one account with minimum $, play with it, understand how it operates, then learn from there on... Of course if you have a close friend/relative who is not an agent, you can get free consultations anytime, the journey is a lot lesser..
map
post May 28 2009, 04:14 PM

Moonlight Healing Escalation!
675 posts

haha, even though i do invest some money in unit trust, i do agree that the biggest problem with unit trust is that you have to TRUST your fund managers. brows.gif

best u can do is not to randomly sub your money to any PM agents. for myself, i invested in the same fund that the PM agent and her son invested in, so if one jump, all jump.

my second biggest problem about investing in UT is that monetary wise, i don't really learn anything much about making money. that's why i think we should look at other sources of investment too.
Phoeni_142
post May 29 2009, 02:41 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 27 2009, 11:14 PM)
Oh my, are you planning to become a fund manager or something? Reading lots of books can make you an "expert unit trust investor"? Let me tell you a secret. Even if you already are VERY good with unit trust knowledge, you will still NEED to leave your money with the fund managers. There are NO books that teach you which funds are good.
Hi Jordy,

U seem like a kiddo that's just a tad bit condescending.

Let me tell you a secret. If you are very good with unit trust knowledge, you wouldn't even want to invest in unit trusts. Think about it.

sheesh....

Jordy
post May 29 2009, 09:03 AM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ May 28 2009, 02:59 PM)
I guess not everyone has the luxurious to surf the net day in and out..But by reading the books also won't get you to know all about 'How to invest in unit trust'..  My suggestion is to open up one account with minimum $, play with it, understand how it operates, then learn from there on... Of course if you have a close friend/relative who is not an agent, you can get free consultations anytime, the journey is a lot lesser..
numbertwo,

I do not agree with simply throwing your money to learn. In fact, you don't really learn much being an investor unless you have a good consultant who can explain everything to you.

Cheers.

QUOTE(map @ May 28 2009, 04:14 PM)
haha, even though i do invest some money in unit trust, i do agree that the biggest problem with unit trust is that you have to TRUST your fund managersbrows.gif

best u can do is not to randomly sub your money to any PM agents. for myself, i invested in the same fund that the PM agent and her son invested in, so if one jump, all jump.

my second biggest problem about investing in UT is that monetary wise, i don't really learn anything much about making money. that's why i think we should look at other sources of investment too.
map,

That is the WHOLE point people invest in unit trust. If someone is trying to be an expert in investment, he/she would have been investing or becoming a fund manager himself/herself.

Cheers.

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ May 29 2009, 02:41 AM)
Hi Jordy,

U seem like a kiddo that's just a tad bit condescending.

Let me tell you a secret.  If you are very good with unit trust knowledge, you wouldn't even want to invest in unit trusts.  Think about it.

sheesh....
Phoeni_142,

I have only VERY small amount in unit trust. Large portion of my investment is in equities. Income received from these investments are being utilized in expanding my business. I earned a chunk from derivatives. My next goal is to get into property investment.

The reason I learn about unit trust is because I AM a consultant, not because I am an investor. Think about it.
numbertwo
post May 29 2009, 01:51 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 29 2009, 09:03 AM)
numbertwo,

I do not agree with simply throwing your money to learn. In fact, you don't really learn much being an investor unless you have a good consultant who can explain everything to you.
Jordy,
cannot meh? If not, he has to find a rare, but good consultant which lucks has a big role to play... hmm.gif Else, he wud probably hear this kinda comments from a everyday-consultant "hey..this is a new fund, just launched, got discount, good buy''; or say "hey..now market is bull run leh, time to top up some money", or "hey...now bear is running wild, do you want to SELL your units and BUY back later...".... I mean you won't know how UT works until the point you get your hands dirty....we simply just cannot dump in a huge chunk of $$ into UT in a hope that it will grow after some years without personnel enthusiasm being thrown into it..

haih..this cannot , that cannot, i think we better put $$ into FD lor.. smile.gif

Jordy
post May 29 2009, 08:15 PM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ May 29 2009, 01:51 PM)
Jordy,
cannot meh? If not, he has to find a rare, but good consultant which lucks has a big role to play... hmm.gif    Else, he wud probably hear this kinda comments from a everyday-consultant "hey..this is a new fund, just launched, got discount, good buy''; or say "hey..now market is bull run leh, time to top up some money", or "hey...now bear is running wild, do you want to SELL your units and BUY back later..."....  I mean you won't know how UT works until the point you get your hands dirty....we simply just cannot dump in a huge chunk of $$ into UT in a hope that it will grow after some years without personnel enthusiasm being thrown into it.. 

haih..this cannot , that cannot, i think we better put $$ into FD lor.. smile.gif
numbertwo,

I may not agree, but you could try. I am not lying because I have met a lot of consultants from Public Mutual prior to deciding who I shall invest with. Our market has been tainted by bad consultants (and I agree there are a lot out there). So, out of so many Public Mutual consultants, how many do you think would take care of little "fishes" all the time? Most of the just take your RM1,000 and tell you to keep for long term without really explaining to you about profit locking or even switching. Normally these were the consultants that made investors to change company because of loss of confidence.

On the contrary, IF you could find a consultant who advises you well before you even decide to invest, then you can save a lot of time and money.

Regards
SUSDavid83
post May 30 2009, 09:50 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Dear Unitholder, We are pleased to attach the market wrap for the week ended 22 May 2009 for your information. Regards Customer Service
guanteik
post May 31 2009, 07:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

Jordy/David,
what's the distribution for PITTIKAL, PBF and PFES this round?
SUSDavid83
post May 31 2009, 07:22 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(guanteik @ May 31 2009, 07:15 PM)
Jordy/David,
Did they announce that?
prunes
post May 31 2009, 09:34 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ May 31 2009, 07:22 PM)
Did they announce that?
I have no idea dude, my agent has gone overseas...
Jordy
post May 31 2009, 09:40 PM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(guanteik @ May 31 2009, 07:15 PM)
Jordy/David,
guanteik,

Since the financial year end falls on weekends, we have to wait until tomorrow before we get the announcements.

Regards
arsenal
post May 31 2009, 09:50 PM

THE GUNNERS
2,328 posts

Conclusion, dont buy unit trust and buy share market...smile.gif
SUSDavid83
post May 31 2009, 10:47 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

Anybody bought the Australia fund from PB series?
clement8115
post May 31 2009, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ May 31 2009, 10:47 PM)
Anybody bought the Australia fund from PB series?
Bro,

I think many one them will wait till it launches as price will likely to drop once it is officially launched.
Correct?
SUSDavid83
post May 31 2009, 10:59 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(clement8115 @ May 31 2009, 10:55 PM)
Bro,

I think many one them will wait till it launches as price will likely to drop once it is officially launched.
Correct?
When new fund is launched, there's certain promo that you could only enjoy during launch:

The initial issue price of PBADBF is RM0.2500 per unit during the 21-day initial offer period from 12 May 2009 to 1 June 2009. During the offer period, a special promotional service charge of 5% of initial issue price per unit is extended to the purchase of units of PBADBF by investors. Investors who opt for Direct Debit Instruction with PBADBF during the offer period will enjoy a special promotional service charge of 5.25% of NAV per unit for as long as the Direct Debit is active. Terms and conditions apply. The minimum initial investment for the fund is RM1,000 and the minimum additional investment is RM100.

The fund may go up once it starts to trade. Who knows. And it may go south too depending on the market mood.
Jordy
post Jun 1 2009, 03:21 AM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(clement8115 @ May 31 2009, 10:55 PM)
Bro,

Correct?
clement8115,

Wrong perception again. It's a myth. Unit trust funds are following the market movement. As what David said, if the market goes up during launching, then the price will also follow.
CodeBasic
post Jun 1 2009, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

im planning to invest public unit trust using epf, do u have any recommended fund to intro? i found this link in google http://imdavidlee.com/how-to-invest-public...fund-using-epf/

the information that provided quite useful and helpful..but i just wan to ask what is the fund that approved by EPF most suitable to invest currently, any suggestion?
guanteik
post Jun 1 2009, 12:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ May 31 2009, 07:22 PM)
Did they announce that?
I am not sure man. No updates from my agent.

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 31 2009, 09:40 PM)
guanteik,

Since the financial year end falls on weekends, we have to wait until tomorrow before we get the announcements.

Regards
Jordy, thank u for the reply.

Please keep us updated.
dante3
post Jun 1 2009, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

1)currently there are 30 PB funds?
2)which fund invest on US sectors?
SUSDavid83
post Jun 1 2009, 01:19 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
52,874 posts

QUOTE(dante3 @ Jun 1 2009, 12:50 PM)
1)currently there are 30 PB funds?
2)which fund invest on US sectors?
So far, there's no fund from PM that invests in US yet.

But there's a structured product from PB that invests in US market.

http://www.pbebank.com/en/en_content/perso...tments/usa.html

128 Pages « < 95 96 97 98 99 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0264sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:13 PM