128 Pages « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Public Mutual, PM/PB series fund

views

espree
post May 22 2009, 08:29 AM

Regular
1,214 posts

QUOTE(clement8115 @ May 12 2009, 11:13 PM)
hi friend,

Just call the Customer Service at 03-62075000 and give your I/C Number. They can check all your investments with PB Mutual.

Ask:-
1) How much you have invested
2) How much is the value now
3) How much is the unit price

This is because i just called the CS today cos i malas to wait for my agent to reply me. Very helpful and informative. No need to wait for your agent.

Good luck. biggrin.gif
thank you v much. my agent seldom answer phone. i lose 30% of my investment. cry.gif cry.gif

This post has been edited by espree: May 22 2009, 08:37 AM
nothingz
post May 22 2009, 11:51 AM

6 Stars General
2,757 posts

QUOTE(espree @ May 22 2009, 08:29 AM)
thank you v much. my agent seldom answer phone. i lose 30% of my investment.  cry.gif  cry.gif
as long as you don't realise it you don't suffer any actual loss, just no dividend being distributed to you.....

just like myself also suffering around 33% loss at the moment.

now looking for another type of investment brows.gif brows.gif
espree
post May 22 2009, 11:54 AM

Regular
1,214 posts

QUOTE(nothingz @ May 22 2009, 11:51 AM)
as long as you don't realise it you don't suffer any actual loss, just no dividend being distributed to you.....

now looking for another type of investment  brows.gif  brows.gif
me too. I'm buying dividend stock.
numbertwo
post May 22 2009, 03:45 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

I bought my PFEPRF when it was launched, so imagine how much i lost when the price hit 0.11? But losing big prompted me to invest again when it was in the region of 0.11-0.13-... and you can see now the price has gone back up to 0.18-0.17... about my breakeven point.. What I want to say is since you are into this route already, why not continue instead of leaving it behind? A monthly investment talk (DCA) may not be 100% true all the time, but DCA does help you to recover faster.. So, don't lose your steam in the unit trust as yet... smile.gif
mtsen
post May 22 2009, 05:09 PM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 21 2009, 07:51 PM)
mtsen,

I sense someone is hating our company smile.gif Whatever the reason, I will still accept anybody's view as I tend not to be biased.
Correct, different consultants have different approaches, but I am not one of those who "show prospective clients past performances and comparisons" as I have mentioned in my previous reply, I only encourage my clients to do so themselves.
I am more of an analytical type (being an investor myself), so I do analysis on stocks/funds and make my recommendations based on future prospects.
if you are referring to Public Mutual then no, its just you being too sensitive. If not for Public Mutual I will never be what I am today. When I first face my business failure its my 10 years old teenage mutual fund that save my cash flow problem ( from public mutual ), and every time a newbie ask about mutual fund my standard answer is close your eye and buy public mutual. PBMutual is STILL the largest fund manager in malaysia. But the fact that they fail to improve their softwares for their agents and also web site for public is a factual failure. Cheah didn't agree with this fact since the stone age but its still a fact and give others chances to overtake them.

QUOTE(espree @ May 22 2009, 08:29 AM)
thank you v much. my agent seldom answer phone. i lose 30% of my investment.   cry.gif  cry.gif
what to do, everyone is responsible with his own investment, at the moment you rely on 'someone else', u have failed urself.

QUOTE(nothingz @ May 22 2009, 11:51 AM)

now looking for another type of investment  brows.gif  brows.gif
no, forexis not for you, hee hee hee ...

This post has been edited by mtsen: May 22 2009, 05:21 PM
Jordy
post May 22 2009, 07:57 PM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(mtsen @ May 22 2009, 05:09 PM)
if you are referring to Public Mutual then no, its just you being too sensitive.  If not for Public Mutual I will never be what I am today.  When I first face my business failure its my 10 years old teenage mutual fund that save my cash flow problem ( from public mutual ), and every time a newbie ask about mutual fund my standard answer is close your eye and buy public mutual.  PBMutual is STILL the largest fund manager in malaysia.  But the fact that they fail to improve their softwares for their agents and also web site for public is a factual failure.  Cheah didn't agree with this fact since the stone age but its still a fact and give others chances to overtake them.
what to do, everyone is responsible with his own investment, at the moment you rely on 'someone else', u have failed urself.
no, forexis not for you, hee hee hee ...
If that's the case, I take back my words smile.gif Well, a good company doesn't always need to have top notch software as our branding is on our ability to maximize investors' returns. As long as we stick to our core values, we will still stay at the top regardless of what super software our competitors have.
guanteik
post May 22 2009, 08:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,564 posts

I am not too sure if I have asked any agents here before, if say I have a fund, and it declared me distribution of say RM1K for this year. May I know if withdrawing this RM1K distributed amount, will it affect my MGQP? If it will affect, anyhow to calculate it?
Jordy
post May 22 2009, 11:20 PM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(guanteik @ May 22 2009, 08:54 PM)
I am not too sure if I have asked any agents here before, if say I have a fund, and it declared me distribution of say RM1K for this year. May I know if withdrawing this RM1K distributed amount, will it affect my MGQP? If it will affect, anyhow to calculate it?
You asked before, and I answered before too smile.gif
Distribution and distribution reinvestment/withdrawal has no effect on MGQP.
mtsen
post May 23 2009, 12:10 AM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 22 2009, 07:57 PM)
If that's the case, I take back my words smile.gif Well, a good company doesn't always need to have top notch software as our branding is on our ability to maximize investors' returns. As long as we stick to our core values, we will still stay at the top regardless of what super software our competitors have.
thats what Cheah has been saying all along, but like him and you, I stand firmly on my ground too. PBMutual strongest force is its sale force (agents) but without a good business 'system' (hint:IT) to bring PBMutual to its next evolution, the same big agent force will eventually drag down the whole big giant. just a matter of time. PBMutual either evolve itself or FORCED into it eventually. And its already happening today. There is almost NO WAY PBMutual can reduce its 5.5% fee but others can, its very tough for PBMutual to take slightly more risk and chances to earn that extra speculative tips but OSK can ... beginner still go for PBMutual but once they learn more they will switch to other mutual fund managers, eventually more and more ppl will no longer be beginner. there are not many like me who stay with PBMutual just because of nostalgia .... and I said all these not because I hate PBMutual but I love it and I wish it could evolve faster so that it wouldn't lose any more investor-share.

top company doesn't need to have top notch software but the fact that it could have but didn't also tells that they resist change, which may be a bad thing. we will see, it may not happen during my life time so I am fine with it biggrin.gif
Jordy
post May 23 2009, 10:20 AM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(mtsen @ May 23 2009, 12:10 AM)
thats what Cheah has been saying all along, but like him and you, I stand firmly on my ground too.  PBMutual strongest force is its sale force (agents) but without a good business 'system' (hint:IT) to bring PBMutual to its next evolution, the same big agent force will eventually drag down the whole big giant.  just a matter of time.  PBMutual either evolve itself or FORCED into it eventually.  And its already happening today.  There is almost NO WAY PBMutual can reduce its 5.5% fee but others can, its very tough for PBMutual to take slightly more risk and chances to earn that extra speculative tips but OSK can ... beginner still go for PBMutual but once they learn more they will switch to other mutual fund managers, eventually more and more ppl will no longer be beginner.  there are not many like me who stay with PBMutual just because of nostalgia .... and I said all these not because I hate PBMutual but I love it and I wish it could evolve faster so that it wouldn't lose any more investor-share.

top company doesn't need to have top notch software but the fact that it could have but didn't also tells that they resist change, which may be a bad thing.  we will see, it may not happen during my life time so I am fine with it biggrin.gif
mtsen,

As I mentioned in another thread, others may charge as cheap all they want, but we fight on service. I still have my clients with me since I began my career in this field because they TRUST me. How many times can you trust your consultants? I dare to say it is less than 10% of the time. Some of my clients asked me "if I would be like the other consultants" which I said no. I brand myself on service as what Public Mutual is doing.

Would you really want to compromise on service by investing online without the care of consultants? Although I tell my consultants what I want done most of the time, I would still want her to run about to submit forms and to update me all the time. Remember, consultants are not there to give you advice or consultation, but consultants are there to keep you updated and informed

Try go on a holiday without internet connectivity when you invest online. Take a look at OSK or Fundsupermart. Do you think they would call you every now and then whenever there is something on? Take stocks trading for example. You may have saved that 0.42% trading online, but you compromise on that very important element, the personal touch. Well, high-tech people like you would not understand because you would rather befriend a machine than a human smile.gif
mtsen
post May 23 2009, 11:05 AM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 23 2009, 10:20 AM)
mtsen,

As I mentioned in another thread, others may charge as cheap all they want, but we fight on service. I still have my clients with me since I began my career in this field because they TRUST me. How many times can you trust your consultants? I dare to say it is less than 10% of the time. Some of my clients asked me "if I would be like the other consultants" which I said no. I brand myself on service as what Public Mutual is doing.

Would you really want to compromise on service by investing online without the care of consultants? Although I tell my consultants what I want done most of the time, I would still want her to run about to submit forms and to update me all the time. Remember, consultants are not there to give you advice or consultation, but consultants are there to keep you updated and informed

Try go on a holiday without internet connectivity when you invest online. Take a look at OSK or Fundsupermart. Do you think they would call you every now and then whenever there is something on? Take stocks trading for example. You may have saved that 0.42% trading online, but you compromise on that very important element, the personal touch. Well, high-tech people like you would not understand because you would rather befriend a machine than a human smile.gif
I know, what you are saying there is today's situation, what I was saying is that the trend is changing and should change faster. as much as I loved to be 'touched', single biggest investment purpose is profit and when personal touch is hindering my profit, profesionally they should be separated.

u may fall off your chair when one day u find out how much I have been earning commission by selling mutual funds using 'personal touch', but that doesn't stop me from seeing how the world should evolve into.

its not about high tech, cheap fee etc. its all about PROPER personal finance.

the biggest fact that ppl must realize is that "everyone is FULLY responsible with his own investment", and very often the so called 'personal touch' from the agents are influencing the investors and simply make the naive investors to 'trust' the agents blindly, which violate this 'biggest fact' I call above.

You can take your agent's advice, you can support and love your agent's touch, but the moment you 'trust' and let your agent decide for your investment, you have failed yourself. No need to see real life stories, tons of stories in this forum itself support this observation too.

when I want to be 'touched', couched, guided and led then yes I don't mind paying the extra fee, but when I want to just invest and make biggest profit, i should HAVE THE OPTION not to have anyone disturb me and pay only 1-2% fee only. And although Public Mutual management agrees with this in concept but in reality its strong agency force is stopping them to evolve into that and looks now the fact that fundsupermart and especially OSK have eaten into the market share rather significantly. while pm could have done that easily years ago ....

but in reality and today's limitation, I do agree with all your words, but I just hate to see agents not seeing the need to change and simply wait and let the world change them instead, simply because they want to keep some cents today and not entrepreneur enough to make much more wider, brighter future ...

The fee WILL go lower and it will happen so much faster in mutual fund than in insurance industry, if mutual fund's agents are not proper financial consultants yet today, they will be gone in no time.
Jordy
post May 23 2009, 11:20 AM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(mtsen @ May 23 2009, 11:05 AM)
I know, what you are saying there is today's situation, what I was saying is that the trend is changing and should change faster.  as much as I loved to be 'touched', single biggest investment purpose is profit and when personal touch is hindering my profit, profesionally they should be separated.

u may fall off your chair when one day u find out how much I have been earning commission by selling mutual funds using 'personal touch', but that doesn't stop me from seeing how the world should evolve into.

its not about high tech, cheap fee etc.  its all about PROPER personal finance.

the biggest fact that ppl must realize is that "everyone is FULLY responsible with his own investment", and very often the so called 'personal touch' from the agents are influencing the investors and simply make the naive investors to 'trust' the agents blindly, which violate this 'biggest fact' I call above.

You can take your agent's advice, you can support and love your agent's touch, but the moment you 'trust' and let your agent decide for your investment, you have failed yourself.  No need to see real life stories, tons of stories in this forum itself support this observation too.

when I want to be 'touched', couched, guided and led then yes I don't mind paying the extra fee, but when I want to just invest and make biggest profit, i should HAVE THE OPTION not to have anyone disturb me and pay only 1-2% fee only.  And although Public Mutual management agrees with this in concept but in reality its strong agency force is stopping them to evolve into that and looks now the fact that fundsupermart and especially OSK have eaten into the market share rather significantly.  while pm could have done that easily years ago ....

but in reality and today's limitation, I do agree with all your words, but I just hate to see agents not seeing the need to change and simply wait and let the world change them instead, simply because they want to keep some cents today and not entrepreneur enough to make much more wider, brighter future ...

The fee WILL go lower and it will happen so much faster in mutual fund than in insurance industry, if mutual fund's agents are not proper financial consultants yet today, they will be gone in no time.
Quote "Although I tell my consultants what I want done most of the time, I would still want her to run about to submit forms and to update me all the time". Meaning, I do NOT simply take people's advice. I TELL my consultants what I want, and I also LISTEN to what my clients need smile.gif

Yes I agree with your point of view. Still we need to change, just the matter of when. Some might want to see the change earlier but conventional investors like me would not mind. I still trade stocks the conventional way after using it for 10 years, so I think my perception would still be the same for unit trust smile.gif
howszat
post May 23 2009, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

PM is making a good start with PM Online.

Still missing are online Switching and Redemption services. They did say it's coming -- in "future". Once these services are available, the next logical step is to reduce the service charge for those doing transactions online.

Some may still prefer the personal touch and that is fine - they can pay 5.5% for the privilege.

lifeless_creature
post May 23 2009, 12:10 PM

The Kid
1,219 posts

QUOTE(howszat @ May 23 2009, 11:44 AM)

Still missing are online Switching and Redemption services. They did say it's coming -- in "future". Once these services are available, the next logical step is to reduce the service charge for those doing transactions online.

Some may still prefer the personal touch and that is fine - they can pay 5.5% for the privilege.
by doing online to save on service charge? wow..sounds like this is the way to go.. smile.gif
mtsen
post May 23 2009, 12:20 PM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ May 23 2009, 11:20 AM)
Quote "Although I tell my consultants what I want done most of the time, I would still want her to run about to submit forms and to update me all the time". Meaning, I do NOT simply take people's advice. I TELL my consultants what I want, and I also LISTEN to what my clients need smile.gif

interesting, I was more on refering to she mades all the decision and then ask the agents to go submit form as part of the service. only when the agent goes missing then client should be able to do it herself with no sweat and by then, she might want to ask for discount smile.gif

QUOTE(howszat @ May 23 2009, 11:44 AM)

If not mistaken, there are still 3 different logins on the main page itself and each lead to totally different systems and some similar info cannot be cross share to each login.
howszat
post May 23 2009, 12:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

QUOTE(lifeless_creature @ May 23 2009, 12:10 PM)
by doing online to save on service charge? wow..sounds like this is the way to go.. smile.gif
No, they haven't reduced the charges yet. The longer they delay it, the more customers they are going to lose.

Added on May 23, 2009, 1:00 pm
QUOTE(mtsen @ May 23 2009, 12:20 PM)
If not mistaken, there are still 3 different logins on the main page itself and each lead to totally different systems and some similar info cannot be cross share to each login.
Not sure what you are referring to - I only get one login, and that login summarizes everything on the same "system" so it seems.

There should be only one system though, because while there are PB and PM funds, they are all managed by the same subsidiary and presumably the same system.

This post has been edited by howszat: May 23 2009, 01:00 PM
lifeless_creature
post May 23 2009, 01:03 PM

The Kid
1,219 posts

i guess mtsen is talking about the site publicmutual.com.my, not the online site which records our transactions...?
joaQuin
post May 23 2009, 06:45 PM

8 posts

I wasn't here for two days and wow, I didn't expect all these. I hope both you guys are fine over there with all those interesting exchanges of words and ideas. Here, everyone's investing with the same goal, so it makes us partners so yeah chill it.

@Jordy: Yeah, basically all the Public Islamic funds are almost the same in terms of returns and performances. However so, I would still like to know which one's the most reliable and suits me the most. PITTIKAL has been performing greatly over the years, but who knows, maybe the new islamic funds can out-perform it over the next let's say 5-10 years?

So here, I would love to hear from you on your comment or opinions on a few islamic funds. I've highlighted a few myself, which are Public Islamic Equity Fund, Public Islamic Dividend Fund, Public Islamic Opportunities Fund, Public Islamic Sector Select Fund, Public Islamic Select Enterprises Fund. Some of them, the prices are high now, so is it wise to buy at such high prices? I'm quite interested in PISSF as the price is low, but is the prospect good for this fund? Same thing goes for PIDF, PIEF and PISEF, but their prices are slightly higher.

Thanks for your time.
Jordy
post May 23 2009, 09:26 PM

Entrepreneur
Group Icon
Elite
5,626 posts

QUOTE(mtsen @ May 23 2009, 12:20 PM)
interesting, I was more on refering to she mades all the decision and then ask the agents to go submit form as part of the service.  only when the agent goes missing then client should be able to do it herself with no sweat and by then, she might want to ask for discount smile.gif
mtsen,

I am sorry but I do not really get your meaning. May I know who is the "she" you were referring to? My consultant would not go missing because I test each one of them before revealing my intention, so I can always count on her to get what I wanted done quickly smile.gif

QUOTE(joaQuin @ May 23 2009, 06:45 PM)
I wasn't here for two days and wow, I didn't expect all these. I hope both you guys are fine over there with all those interesting exchanges of words and ideas. Here, everyone's investing with the same goal, so it makes us partners so yeah chill it.

@Jordy: Yeah, basically all the Public Islamic funds are almost the same in terms of returns and performances. However so, I would still like to know which one's the most reliable and suits me the most. PITTIKAL has been performing greatly over the years, but who knows, maybe the new islamic funds can out-perform it over the next let's say 5-10 years?

So here, I would love to hear from you on your comment or opinions on a few islamic funds. I've highlighted a few myself, which are Public Islamic Equity Fund, Public Islamic Dividend Fund, Public Islamic Opportunities Fund, Public Islamic Sector Select Fund, Public Islamic Select Enterprises Fund. Some of them, the prices are high now, so is it wise to buy at such high prices? I'm quite interested in PISSF as the price is low, but is the prospect good for this fund? Same thing goes for PIDF, PIEF and PISEF, but their prices are slightly higher.

Thanks for your time.
Not a problem joaQuin, I love debating-style of discussion. It increases my knowledge and experience more because in this field, we will tend to meet different types of clients. Now to answer your queries:-

- Please be informed that PISSF, PIDF, PIEF, PISEF and PIOF are invested locally while PITTIKAL has offshore exposure. So you will see the difference in performance in PITTIKAL because of its different benchmark.

- PIEF, PIDF and PISEF have almost similar portfolios (common blue chips like IOI, Tenaga, TM and Sime Darby), so their performances would not deviate much. PIOF has more exposure into industrial (manufacturing companies). PISSF is more diversified with balanced investment in consumer and industrial sectors (with high exposure in 2 heavyweights).

- Cheaper does NOT mean better. The timing of fund's launching would also affect its price. For example, all the other funds except PISEF were launched earlier than PISSF. Unfortunately PISSF was launched when the local market was at its peak, that is why you see its price being punished (~ -20% from its launching price). We always advice our clients NOT to judge funds by their prices but rather by their portfolios.
lcl832002
post May 24 2009, 02:15 AM

On my way
646 posts

Jordy.

I plan to invest in Public Index fund. What is the advice you can give me about this fund?

Actually, I want to invest in a fund that tracks KLCI. Is there any other fund better than Public Index fund in terms of its annual return?

Thanks for sharing...

128 Pages « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0257sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 AM