Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City RS e: HEV, What a mouthful but who is getting it?

views

SleeplessEyes
post Mar 12 2021, 01:42 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
1,757 posts

RM 106K, okay I'll skip. Even though its a Hybrid.
And probably so is the rest.

Take example of cars that fail to be popular at near RM 100K mark.

1) Honda Freed - from RM 99,800.
2) Toyota Sienta - RM92,900 for a compact MPV

And what more with this pricing, people will opt for the bigger HRV . OR Civic 1.8s at RM 109.

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Mar 12 2021, 01:42 PM
SleeplessEyes
post Mar 17 2021, 09:23 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
1,757 posts

All here talk about 0-100 lah, torque lah (yes its important), all related to acceleration to "tapao this car, that car".

Don't know why Honda empathise on super acceleration.
A Hybrid is meant to save fuel - Something Malaysians like to talk. FC FC FC all day.

I have nothing against Hybrids - But Hybrids should not be treated like a drag car on a drag strip.

SleeplessEyes
post Mar 17 2021, 06:40 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
1,757 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 17 2021, 04:20 PM)
Can't blame them really.

Especially with the "RS" in it's name, that sporty looking bodykit, that 235nm of torque, and let's not forget that promo video of it overtaking a camry.

While I agree that it's most likely designed for efficiency over performance, It's fair and reasonable for the car buying public to have at least some expectations of it being a little quicker or at least on par with something like, say the CRZ.  laugh.gif
Just like when I mentioned in Ativa thread, that the 1.0L turbo has better torque than Myvi 1.5L due to improved torque band (which is true facts what. Turbo has stronger and more linear torque than NAs) , then comes /K fellas come in and defend - saying Myvi 1.5 is alot faster than Ativa doh.gif
And even show me a YT video, of a Myvi doing 0-100 (which looks very random, not proper acceleration) , and he (LYN forumer) was using YT's video timer. Wow doh.gif doh.gif
Defending the road King. I refuse to reply after that.

And when I referenced the 0-100 time of the Ativa, I took a video reference from a Toyota Raize 0-100 video . Proper acceleration timing.

My reply here: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=100213563

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.74    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 12:15 PM