Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City RS e: HEV, What a mouthful but who is getting it?

views

EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 12 2021, 09:57 AM, updated 4w ago

Regular
1,796 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/2021-honda-city...50-82161/82161/

Hi Folks , Malaysia first you know, don't play play
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 13 2021, 09:29 AM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 12 2021, 02:35 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 12 2021, 02:36 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Mar 12 2021, 01:42 PM)
RM 106K, okay I'll skip. Even though its a Hybrid.
And probably so is the rest.

Take example of cars that fail to be popular at near RM 100K mark.

1) Honda Freed - from RM 99,800.
2) Toyota Sienta - RM92,900 for a compact MPV

And what more with this pricing, people will opt for the bigger HRV . OR Civic 1.8s at RM 109.
This one is for torque hungry folks lah. More than Camry don't play paly.
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 12 2021, 03:48 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 12 2021, 03:44 PM)
While that torque figure looks impressive on paper, it takes 9.9 seconds to go from 0-100km/h.
9.9 already beat many C, D, crossovers....Some more at that price lor
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 13 2021, 02:43 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

Source: wapcar

<a href='https://www.<spam link removed>/news/review-driving-the-world%E2%80%99s-first-2020-honda-city-rs-with-immd-in-malaysia-6249' target='_blank'>https://www.<spam link removed>/news/review-driving-t...n-malaysia-6249</a>

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

It is a long read but info and insight packed...May one realize how much first time this model is made only available in Malaysia and not elsewhere in South East Asia.

We are honoured, Honda. Thank you. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 13 2021, 02:44 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 14 2021, 09:12 AM

Regular
1,796 posts

https://www.<spam link removed>/cars/nissan/kicks

If it is launched this year with e Power, than Honda will have true Challenger

Both these two reported fuel sip of only 4L per 100 km and more than 250 Nm torque.

Both B segment but Kick has high riding ...So who knows, may be Nissan could win this one
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 14 2021, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Mar 14 2021, 12:07 PM)
Yeah, but still cannot beat X50. Cheaper yet faster. lulz.
HM pung pang said world premier,only available in Msia, but then Thai launch and get the car first. Lol. Topkek.
Lost on price and century sprint, but won on fuel economy by a big margin. Then the boot space also in City's favour. Another obvious : Stronger Brand

All those could be considering factors for potential buyers. Each on his own.

Please re read the.wapcar article to know what is the difference between the unimpressive City RS spec'd in Thailsnd and ours

EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 14 2021, 03:36 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(Ball of Fish ball @ Mar 12 2021, 03:57 PM)
I top up abit i can go for Honda Civic yo
QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Mar 14 2021, 12:21 PM)
Top up a bit get Civic
QUOTE(DM52 @ Mar 14 2021, 02:19 PM)
Make sense. city 150kmh already feel floaty. civic on the other hand very stable on that speed.
Think you guys are referring to the 1.8 SOHC Civic, right?

Old tech comparing to NEW TECH mah, so how to compare? unless the comparison is only solely for higher segment with lesser and missing active safety features also don't mind

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 14 2021, 03:37 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 14 2021, 07:28 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Mar 14 2021, 06:19 PM)
Dude..u share the old news la dei. Thailand get exact model like ours la. lol. Thailand rs not 1.0 turbo one, but exactly same like our city rs.

Yes, the news u share got updated news one. lol. go find the latest article.
I see....I stand corrected then
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 14 2021, 07:31 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(DM52 @ Mar 14 2021, 06:39 PM)
Those city RS they compare with, is city RS petrol variant. while our is city RS hybrid variant. And Thailand get city RS hybrid variant too and faster than us. So world premier words throw to the sea. Lol.
Yes, new car will always brings new tech, but it does not neccessarily means better overall. For me, I always favour drivability and stability over everythings.

You can put everything, but if the segment is A, it still lose to B segment in term of drivability, Same goes to B to C,  C to D.

Last time got people compare civic 2.0navi to accord 2.0, price almost the same, but stability/comfort/feel, u just cant beat higher segment.
I stand corrected then about the Thai and Malaysia city RS . Damn.

Well different folks different stroke. Some just want the best segment can buy , and don't want C and D . This may be for them?
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 20 2021, 03:03 AM

Regular
1,796 posts

I think much arguments against this car has also not been doing due justice on what good stuff you get with the package

https://www.nst.com.my/cbt/2021/03/672961/h...v-priced-rm106k

perhaps we should just highlight it here

The highlight of the top end range of the 5th Generation City is that its 2-motor hybrid system powered by a 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD) system delivers 109PS and a high torque of 253Nm.

It is said to deliver acceleration that is equivalent to a D-segment Naturally Aspirated engine torque when combined with its Electric Continuous Variable Transmission (e-CVT).

The e:HEV system will switch automatically between the three driving modes which are EV Drive, Hybrid Drive and Engine Drive depending on which is most efficient at the time. This variant also comes with Deceleration Selector Paddles that enable the driver to engage on the paddles for power regeneration and to decelerate the vehicle without stepping on the brake pedal.

The car was also awarded the "ASEAN NCAP Excellent Award category - Consistent 5 Star" (since the 3rd and 4th Gen City) at ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix Awards 2020.

The City RS e:HEV variant will be the first model of Honda's line-up to be equipped with Honda CONNECT technology. Utilising smart Telematics Technology the integrated communications system is available 24-hours and functions to ensure safety, security and convenience to Honda car owners.

Enhanced Honda SENSING is also present as a first for the B-segment.
Utilising a front wide view camera to better recognise road boundaries during day and night driving conditions, the suite includes Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Auto High Beam (AHB).

Cars, Bikes and Trucks' favourite safety feature Honda LaneWatch is also present. The camera based advanced safety technology on the left side mirror helps monitor blind spots through an infotainment system.

Remote Engine Start is also a first in segment technology
which allows the driver to start their car while the doors are locked and to activate the air-conditioning in the cabin with a simple push of a button on the keyless remote. This variant also comes with Electric Parking Brake (EPB) that can be activated with just a lift of a button.

Other standard safety features to the City RS e:HEV variant are its six airbags, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Rear Seat ISOFIX I-SIZE Type and new Rear Seatbelt Reminder, reverse sensors with multi-angle reverse camera, and Auto Brake Hold (ABH) which enables the vehicle's stationary position to be held with only a push of a button.

Three colours, namely Passion Red Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic and Platinum White Pearl, are available for choice.

The exterior carries a new Gloss Black front grille, trunk spoiler, door mirrors (to give a sporty two-toned impression of the body colour); exclusive lower front grille, new rear bumper with diffuser, new LED headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), new LED fog lights with garnish, new LED taillights, as well as dual-tone16-inch alloy wheels.

The cabin features a 7-inch Interactive Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Meter, an 8-inch Display Audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Connectivity, sport pedal pads, and is fitted with Ultrasuede Seats and Red Stitching at interior areas

And the distinctive fuel efficiency that beats almost every body

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 20 2021, 04:30 AM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 23 2021, 01:02 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(Nshade @ Mar 23 2021, 11:52 AM)
Actually, people do buy the brand. They also buy based on resale/2nd hand value. To Msian old mindset, RS isn't a resale value for them because it has hybrid feature.
Honda has a lot of cash rebate promo than Toyota. Honda car has more sporty look except City because you can see their design is more conservative now. That's why they got more sales.

I own the new city 2020 car too. They changed the engine, and made handling much better. However, i wouldn't call Honda brand premium like how it was last time.
After sales service has dropped a lot compared to last time.

Actually i don't really see the new honda city on the road but i see more of the 2019 honda city.
Hybrid car is actually in better demand these days...But that would be true as far as Toyota is concern lah tongue.gif second hand Camry hybrid even very old Prius is like hot cakes...But I agree when they are new, they tends to put off potential buyer because the askingg price is steep when the government is not giving incentive.

Credit must be given when credit is due, Honda Malaysia has been on the other hand quick to bring best safety features fully loaded to even B segment and shaken up all its competitors since some times back, they are also the first to bring to the market the turbo engine, and now THIS which the only of the similar kind would be the yet to come Nissan Kick e power (not even sure it will ever come judging from how Nissan and TCM do things these days)

Honda has been as you have pointed out mellowed down on their car design and conservative is really the theme as seen on their new Accord, city and soon Civic.

EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 23 2021, 06:12 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Mar 23 2021, 04:56 PM)
OMG to all the comments here. This Honda City is a great car for it's segment. Period. I won't insult it because of the so called misleading ad. Nor will I look down on Camry because of the same ad.

Buy it because you like it, because it can be an efficient car, because of it's value. Don't buy it because you LITERALLY mistook the ad as a Camry beater. And whilst its output may be nice to have for it's segment, by no means should one be looking at it within the performance context.

My only concern is the pricing, that's it. Signing myself out of this thead. Peace ya'all ..  icon_rolleyes.gif
bye.gif bye.gif bye.gif

But before you go. Here are two videos for you and anyone who can at least try to understand and appreciate i MMD system for what it is worth, whether it is worth the price, well for me yes but may be not for everyone. Although Hybrids can now mean much more than just fuel saving vehicles. I have still run through a rough fuel savings calculation, and based on current Ron 95 price of RM2.05 and the the claimed average fuel consumption is 3.6 litres per 100 km, the savings is huge compare to a normal City 5.4 L/100 km, it is a 33.34% cut on your fuel bill.

Every RM100 you pump into a normal City is now only RM66.66 in this system. That could means RM1k at least savings to a few thousands Ringgit to many in a year depends on how much mileage you clock in a year. Most will do 20k km easily per year. So does this fuel savings make up for the higher price tag? Perhaps if you keep the car for 5, 7 years and beyond...some keep longer than that, at the end of the day it is up to each individual needs and wants.

for Further reference :

The Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid fuel consumption is 4.9L/100km , Toyota Prius fuel consumption is 4.8L/100 km, Toyota Prius C 4.0 L /100km

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 23 2021, 06:12 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 23 2021, 06:45 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Mar 23 2021, 12:18 PM)
Go have a look at this ads war between bmw and audi. this is how you critique your competitors. So farking smart.

edit: end video, show mercedes been poke somemore. lol.

To me the City vs Camry ad is a welcome change to Malaysia car ad scene: at least it has more creativity

Thailand has been doing it years

And it is also True thar ad should not be read in too much. Else you will find recent singles buying Camry tongue.gif after the above adv was out

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 23 2021, 06:45 PM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 23 2021, 07:04 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Mar 23 2021, 06:57 PM)
Er..where the part of Its kutuk competitors in the ads. Seems like none right. So this is okay ma. No problem can tokok miles away. Just dont up ur product by belittle others.
No kutuk. Yes.

But as as far as ad is concerned, it is exaggeration. I was talking about exaggeration

Here is another one

EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 28 2021, 12:42 AM

Regular
1,796 posts

Attached Image

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 28 2021, 12:55 AM
EnergyAnalyst
post Mar 28 2021, 09:45 AM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(DS51 @ Mar 28 2021, 02:01 AM)
These ads are classy. very different from Honda one.
Yeah, I think the massage is different. From the ads, they not belittle others. Malaysia marketer need to learn how to poke competitors properly.

If Honda become Jaguar, they will made a video and put mercedes benz s class in their video, show bad things about magic suspension and show good things about their suspension.

But Jaguar, they are not. Instead they just come out with simple words, to poke mercedes benz. Very intelligent, very classy ads.
QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Mar 28 2021, 09:26 AM)
I dont understand the gripe on the ads. Its an ads. What it all showing is a city overtaking a camry. Overtaking on a road doesn't mean anything.

People take it too seriously. But maybe thats the norm for malaysian. In real life a better car pantang being overtaken while a souped up b segment car proud of overtaking a higher segment car.
I am actually eagerly awaiting the reply from Toyota. Then it will be interesting. rclxm9.gif
EnergyAnalyst
post Apr 1 2021, 08:58 AM

Regular
1,796 posts

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releas...-and-forza-750/
Honda wins Red Dot Awards 2021 for new Jazz e:HEV, Jazz Crosstar e:HEV and Forza 750Honda's new hybrid-only Jazz and Jazz Crosstar models and the Forza 750 scooter have been awarded highly coveted Red Dot Awards 2021 in the ‘Product Design’ category

March 31, 2021

Honda’s new hybrid-only Jazz and Jazz Crosstar models and the Forza 750 scooter have been awarded highly coveted Red Dot Awards 2021 in the ‘Product Design’ category. These internationally renowned accolades are only bestowed upon the highest quality products that excel in product, brand and communication design.

The annual Red Dot awards are decided by a panel of 50 international experts who test, evaluate and discuss each entry to spotlight outstanding design and innovation. The judging criteria are reappraised and adapted each year to reflect the latest technical, social, economic and ecological requirements.

“We have had another successful year, receiving several awards in the Product Design category of the globally-recognised Red Dot design awards,” said Toshinobu Minami, Chief Operating Officer, Design Center, Honda R&D Co. Ltd.,

“Since our establishment, we at Honda have always aimed to reflect the idea of ‘making customers’ daily lives more enjoyable’ in our product design, and we believe that receiving these awards is a recognition of our success in doing this. We will continue to follow this unchanging principle, thinking ‘outside the box’ to design products that provide ‘surprise and excitement’ to customers’ lives.”

The Jazz e:HEV and Jazz Crosstar e:HEV are aligned with Honda’s commitment to electrify 100% of its European models by 2022. The Jazz was designed to encapsulate Honda’s ‘Yoo no bi’ philosophy, which recognises the beauty that exists in everyday items honed over time to make them even more beautiful and ergonomically satisfying to use. The Jazz design also employs Honda’s ‘Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum’ (M/M) development principle, which is based on the belief that the purpose of technology and design is to serve the needs of the driver and passengers. The result is a car that combines functionality and usability, expressed through innovative features like Magic Seats, yet maintains a sleek and modern appearance.

The rugged Crosstar variant was created to broaden the appeal of the model, presenting a more SUV-style proposition, oriented toward those with active lifestyles. Increased presence comes from a bold front grille design, substantial black trim and stylish side sills and roof rails. The Crosstar-specific alloy wheels, which widen towards the rim, create an increased sense of stability and enhance the robust overall visual effect.

Launched in the Autumn of 2020, the brand-new Honda Forza 750 crowns the celebrated Forza range of luxury scooters, which combine ‘GT’ levels of comfort and road presence with sporty, agile performance in a supremely stylish, premium package. The new flagship Forza is no exception, with classy, roomy styling that offers ample leg room and wind protection for comfortable high-speed cruising, coupled with excellent aerodynamics thanks to a sleek front-end design and slim rear section. It is also designed for easy use around town, with stable handling and effortless acceleration from its torquey, fuel-efficient 745cc twin-cylinder engine.

The classically Forza feature-rich spec sheet includes multiple riding modes, Honda Selectable Torque Control, Honda’s unique-in-motorcycling Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), full LED lighting and Honda Smartphone Voice Control. The low 790mm seat height, 22 litres of under-seat luggage space – enough to accommodate a full-face helmet – and USB-C charger socket enhance the everyday usability.

SOURCE: Honda

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Apr 1 2021, 09:05 AM
EnergyAnalyst
post Apr 8 2021, 03:27 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

Honda can now shoot part two ad...This time put it beside newly launch in same year top line Toyota Harrier.

Wahahahah
EnergyAnalyst
post Apr 8 2021, 04:30 PM

Regular
1,796 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Apr 8 2021, 03:41 PM)
So, do we have a confirmation that the new HRV will be launched here?
Slowly but surely....Unless Honda want to give up the fight in the arena for B segment High Riding cars.

I don't think they will...Not when they have the secret weapon already in same B segment line up

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0307sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2021 - 12:06 PM