Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City RS e: HEV, What a mouthful but who is getting it?

views

DM52
post Mar 14 2021, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Mar 14 2021, 12:21 PM)
Top up a bit get Civic
Make sense. city 150kmh already feel floaty. civic on the other hand very stable on that speed.
DM52
post Mar 14 2021, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Mar 14 2021, 02:52 PM)
Lost on price and century sprint, but won on fuel economy by a big margin. Then the boot space also in City's favour. Another obvious : Stronger Brand

All those could be considering factors for potential buyers. Each on his own.

Please re read the.wapcar article to know what is the difference between the unimpressive City RS spec'd in Thailsnd and ours
Those city RS they compare with, is city RS petrol variant. while our is city RS hybrid variant. And Thailand get city RS hybrid variant too and faster than us. So world premier words throw to the sea. Lol.

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Mar 14 2021, 03:36 PM)
Think you guys are referring to the 1.8 SOHC Civic, right?

Old tech comparing to NEW TECH mah, so how to compare? unless the comparison is only solely for higher segment with lesser and missing active safety features also don't mind
Yes, new car will always brings new tech, but it does not neccessarily means better overall. For me, I always favour drivability and stability over everythings.

You can put everything, but if the segment is A, it still lose to B segment in term of drivability, Same goes to B to C, C to D.

Last time got people compare civic 2.0navi to accord 2.0, price almost the same, but stability/comfort/feel, u just cant beat higher segment.
DM52
post Mar 18 2021, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 17 2021, 04:20 PM)
Can't blame them really.

Especially with the "RS" in it's name, that sporty looking bodykit, that 235nm of torque, and let's not forget that promo video of it overtaking a camry.

While I agree that it's most likely designed for efficiency over performance, It's fair and reasonable for the car buying public to have at least some expectations of it being a little quicker or at least on par with something like, say the CRZ.  laugh.gif
QUOTE(DS51 @ Mar 18 2021, 02:49 PM)
But, the promo video super misleading. Its done by Honda itself. Lol.

Try so hard to instill RS is fast. Can overtake in split second.kek.
Mostly been brainwaish by Honda ads. Lol. Someone from marketing department should be fire for coming out with that idea.

Luckily some Honda worker got ethics and show the real 9.9 second century sprint.

I think they should do a promo video regarding fuel economy since fc reading is very good. But Marketing department so stupid do topkek video about overtake camry, overtake in hill. But reality is slower than crz 9 second which is come out almost 10 years ago. hahaha.
DM52
post Mar 18 2021, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Mar 18 2021, 06:00 PM)
0-100 time and overtaking while cruising is not the same thing.
Care to elaborate more?.

My understanding is, if car can achieve good 0 to 100kmh, then the car will be even faster going from 100kmh to 200kmh, since no more weight to carry around from standstill.

Unless city rs is fucking heavy like 300 or 400kg more than crz, then I dont think it will outperform crz during overtake on cruising speed.
DM52
post Mar 18 2021, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Mar 18 2021, 06:45 PM)
If Malaysians are easily suckered by ads, it ain't no fault of the advert  laugh.gif In fact, Marketing Dept considers it a success.
Then its like very unethical lor. Create misleading ads. Facts should be correct lor. But u knowla, during this hard time, desperate time owh. Thats why maybe come out with that idea.
DM52
post Mar 19 2021, 07:46 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(constant_weight @ Mar 18 2021, 10:25 PM)
Of course car with good power that can do good 0-100km/h, the 100-200km/h won't be too bad.

But there are many optimizations (hacks) can be done to get a fraction of seconds faster for 0-100km/h. 100-200km/h is more on the raw horsepower.

For super slow car like City or other A/B segments urban utility cars, making 11-12s faster to let's say 10s. Well, 1s is a colossal improvement, but nevertheless still slow. This is not what they designed for and NOT a criteria to determine if one is good/bad car.

For 3-5s 0-100km/h car, a 0.1s is a big deal. Many can be done to get 0.1 - 0.2 without increasing the power.

The key is traction.
1) Everyone know launch control, it is to limit the torque to just a fraction below breaking the traction of the tires.
2) Tesla invented this. The launch control will hold the brake, and then reverse the car ever slightly and hold it there. This create tension on the brake rotor and brake pad. Metal while looks solid, is actually quite flexible. The tension will slingshot all 4 wheels, also spring the electric motor rotor forward on launch, saving fractions of a second. This hack can only be done on EV
3) Moveable spoilers. Retract or reduce the wing angles at low speed when don't need the downforce to reduce drag
4) Optimize Gear box shift timing for launch control
5) AWD can get more traction at launch, put engine on top of driving wheel also improve traction. FF, MR, RR. FR is actually at disadvantage here, but is fun to drive.
6) Volvo T8 PHEV, beside the 87HP electric motor (ERAD) at rear wheel, there is another 43HP starter generator between engine and torque converter. This 43HP will fill in the torque when shifting in acceleration, so no gap in power delivery. This is also the reason the gear shift is so damn smooth in the T8, also make it the first hybrid that can do regenerative braking on all 4 wheels.
7) etc etc... others can fill in more examples

Accelerate from cruising is different experience, as most likely you just chilling. Then sudden change of pace, will see how fast the car decided to kick down the gear, what's the initial delay, after that is the raw horsepower game. So 0-100km/h, 5-100km/h, 40-160km/h can favor different car of similar horsepower. Advantage of AWD gone when starting at higher speed.

Weight still affecting the acceleration at any speed. As long as there is change of speed, there is change of inertial. Only that the effect is less vs aerodynamic drag at higher speed.
Based on ur replies, seems like my understanding is correct. If century sprint is good, then speeding from 100kmh to 200kmh won't be too bad.

This post has been edited by DM52: Mar 19 2021, 07:49 AM
DM52
post Mar 19 2021, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Mar 19 2021, 12:22 PM)
Which facts are people looking for? That City overtook Camry, when the Camry wasn't even accelerating and people consider it a fact?

That's like creating an ad that our Malaysian God Car Myvi overtook a Ferrari when the prancing horse was just cruising, then people expect it to be faster that the Ferrari.

Performance? Extra torque is always nice, helps with the overtaking, helps with hill climb and so forth. But people should stop equating it as being performance oriented. It is a Honda City, and should be treated as it should be, efficient and economical.
See based on pic, how Honda try to instill City is superior over Camry..This follow by Ads video.I think I stop here. The moment u take in Ferrari and Myvi as a comparison, show u dont understand what we talk about.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
DM52
post Mar 19 2021, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Mar 19 2021, 03:48 PM)
If people are too dumb to know the difference, it's their own fault. Adverts are not to be taken literally. Ads that shows you using a certain brand perfume can attract girls, then you use but yielded no similar effect, you going to blame the ad also?  whistling.gif
From car discussion suddenly divert into girls bla bla bla. Some people cannot differentiate between kopitiam section and F&F. Maybe sit too long there.

#dontfeedthetroll

This post has been edited by DM52: Mar 19 2021, 04:01 PM
DM52
post Mar 23 2021, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Mar 23 2021, 04:56 PM)
OMG to all the comments here. This Honda City is a great car for it's segment. Period. I won't insult it because of the so called misleading ad. Nor will I look down on Camry because of the same ad.

Buy it because you like it, because it can be an efficient car, because of it's value. Don't buy it because you LITERALLY mistook the ad as a Camry beater. And whilst its output may be nice to have for it's segment, by no means should one be looking at it within the performance context.

My only concern is the pricing, that's it. Signing myself out of this thead. Peace ya'all ..  icon_rolleyes.gif
No one said it is a performance car here dude..It will never be performance car. Just Honda unethical ads show its like performance car, but thruth is slowpoke. Anyone here know that

I highlighted about the ethical parts. Where no other car maker will put their rival in their ads. Even bmw vs audi, they dont direct put into their ads. Thats where I said, it is misleading in the first place. But u taichi said, the ads is okay. up to people to believe or not.

Ya, I agree on ur parts. up to people intelligent but, its still dont change the facts the ads is fucking unethical. I search other automotive ads in youtube. No one do ads like Honda Malaysia.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0221sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th May 2021 - 02:50 PM