Keep or sell, X70 Premium

views

clockpulses
post Mar 2 2021, 12:22 PM

Casual
386 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Feb 28 2021, 09:51 PM)
A wise decision indeed.

Many people also sold their car in this pandemic, for various reasons.
It only makes sense to also give it a thought now that perception has changed.
For my reference,
What’s the best time to sell a car, in general?
When loan amount hits a certain price range?
1. See the current market value. Go to mycarinfo.com to get rough idea your estimated value

2. Also to websites such as carlist and see how much they are selling

3. Trade in value is not equal to market value. Say your car market value is rm80k now, the car dealer might only pay you rm70k. Tgat also depends on the condition

4. See your outstanding loan balance. If your loan is more than 70k, obviously you will loose more money if you are selling
clockpulses
post Mar 2 2021, 12:30 PM

Casual
386 posts

Just to add, people always ignore when people advise to buy car that has good resale value. To them, the car is nice and they will use as long as possible but never consider the various situations that would arise such as TS situation. Im sorry ts i dont mean to offend you but this is the reality.
clockpulses
post Mar 2 2021, 04:32 PM

Casual
386 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Mar 2 2021, 04:20 PM)
"lucky" for me - my balance is lower than that cause of the higher downpayment which is "unlucky" if I were to sell, i'll lose out on this.
No offense taken. But what car at this price range has a "good resale value"?
Apart from limited edition or classics - am not aware if a car can maintain / go up it's selling price.
You are right, keeping it will save all money / hassle that I am "trying to" save now.
Perhaps should stick with it a bit more till the loan is lower than the selling price, then I can let it go a lot more comfortably.
What i meant as long as the resale value can cover the loan balance, considered ok already.
clockpulses
post Mar 4 2021, 07:19 PM

Casual
386 posts

I think the issue here is ts doesn't drive the car a lot to appreciate the drive and become "one" to the car. The car got no sentimental value to him because ts and the cat is not there yet.

Try drive around, layan corner, listen to the sound system, play hi proton., spend time jalan2 with family and friends, create memory with the car etc

If ts don't have financial problem and the car is still new and already thinking to sell, i can only say above is the cause OR TS don't like the car.

For me it always took me about 3 years to really like the car. My previous car wad the cheapest new car back then, 6 years driving it, has to let it go, it was so emotional to me coz the car wad my first car, created many experience, going through a lot with me when i was bujang, jobless, accident, got job d, dating, get married, pindah rumah 2 times, help people and so many

Hope ts get the idea

This post has been edited by clockpulses: Mar 4 2021, 07:28 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 PM