Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Keep or sell, X70 Premium

views

kdr93
post Mar 15 2021, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

Its tricky to sell now also, given that covid has slowed down car sales. Being that yours is quite new still, i am sure the resale value would have dropped much.

And if you were to sell to a second hand dealer they will beat down the price, and you could potentially lose alot of value.

You best bet would be to "trade in" with proton (SA help to sell) and get a cheaper car, if you want to still stick with proton.

TSThalmes
post Apr 6 2021, 01:36 PM

Genie Pig!
1,784 posts

QUOTE(kdr93 @ Mar 15 2021, 03:54 PM)
Its tricky to sell now also, given that covid has slowed down car sales. Being that yours is quite new still, i am sure the resale value would have dropped much.

And if you were to sell to a second hand dealer they will beat down the price, and you could potentially lose alot of value.

You best bet would be to "trade in" with proton (SA help to sell) and get a cheaper car, if you want to still stick with proton.
Have asked around - seems to be a "good" price to sell.
Just what happens after if I sold the car, gotta take-up a new loan but at a much lower rate.

In the long run, it could help "save" more money.
joeblow
post Apr 6 2021, 02:55 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Apr 6 2021, 01:36 PM)
Just what happens after if I sold the car, gotta take-up a new loan but at a much lower rate.

No harm asking around for best selling price. I don't know if you should sell or not, but I can only tell you selling now will get a much higher price than after the SST rebate over and stocks stabilize. I would assume you can sell at a higher price now because new X70 stock still need to wait for some time before one can get.
Kilohertz
post Apr 6 2021, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,048 posts

QUOTE(Thalmes @ Apr 6 2021, 01:36 PM)

so TS hv u decided to sell ur car?
cempedaklife
post Apr 6 2021, 06:45 PM

Master Decoy
2,654 posts

Oh ts still undecided? Maybe you need to think from another angle. Think what would your replacement car be. New versus 2nd hand, monthly installment. Then check the differences with your current car in commitment and what you would lose if you choose to change.
chicaman
post Apr 7 2021, 01:05 PM

( ;゚Д゚) t(-.-t)
9,459 posts

How much you want to sell?
TSThalmes
post Apr 8 2021, 07:40 PM

Genie Pig!
1,784 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Apr 6 2021, 02:55 PM)
No harm asking around for best selling price. I don't know if you should sell or not, but I can only tell you selling now will get a much higher price than after the SST rebate over and stocks stabilize. I would assume you can sell at a higher price now because new X70 stock still need to wait for some time before one can get.
Correct - the demand now is quite high. So selling it will be quite easy. There are a few interested parties when I was asking around the first time.

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Apr 6 2021, 05:12 PM)
so TS hv u decided to sell ur car?
Still undecided for now.

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Apr 6 2021, 06:45 PM)
Oh ts still undecided? Maybe you need to think from another angle. Think what would your replacement car be. New versus 2nd hand, monthly installment. Then check the differences with your current car in commitment and what you would lose if you choose to change.
The replacement car will definitely be “downgrade” (a much more humble ride) but the monthly operating cost will be much lower that current. So that’s the long term benefit.

QUOTE(chicaman @ Apr 7 2021, 01:05 PM)
How much you want to sell?
Was quoted about 91k to let go.

Corsair0418
post Apr 10 2021, 12:58 PM

24K KARAT MAGIC
571 posts

there are many factors you need to consider, like having a kid in future, fetching ur parents (easier to get in and get down from the car etc).
paying extra money to the total outstanding loan etc. Does saving extra few hundred everymonth really worth it ?
TSThalmes
post Apr 10 2021, 08:54 PM

Genie Pig!
1,784 posts

QUOTE(Corsair0418 @ Apr 10 2021, 12:58 PM)
there are many factors you need to consider, like having a kid in future, fetching ur parents (easier to get in and get down from the car etc).
paying extra money to the total outstanding loan etc. Does saving extra few hundred everymonth really worth it ?
This car is definitely much more premium / comfortable for driver and passenger.

Long-term will be lower monthly commitment - definitely something to consider.

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th April 2021 - 11:48 AM