Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi 11 Discussion Thread, Snapdragon 888 is here

views

Arool
post May 10 2021, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

Hi. Is anyone here using Nilkin 3D DS+ Max tempered glass? Is it ok? How about case compatability?
Arool
post May 10 2021, 05:47 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ May 10 2021, 11:33 AM)
I am. I'm using it on the standard Mi 11
Fits perfectly and the glass is a lot harder than most tempered glass in the market
I'm using it with the Nillkin Super Frosted Shield case so it fits perfectly
Thanks for replying. It does have black border right? Does it eats into screen real estate or lands just nicely on actual black area of the screen?
Arool
post May 27 2021, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

Haha, now I know what hot phone feels like. For anyone who have Mi 11, try download Idle Mafia. This game will heat up your phone so fast that if you're not using any case, you don't want to touch it. Even while using case, you can feel the extensive heat & it'll drain your 100% battery in less than an hour.

Edit: forgot to mention that your phone will throttle down rapidly & will feel like 2012's Galaxy S3, LOL.

MIUI 12.5 is really yummy BTW.

This post has been edited by Arool: May 27 2021, 05:57 PM
Arool
post Aug 22 2021, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Hey Mercedes @ Aug 21 2021, 03:18 PM)
Fun fact about MI 11 Ultra import set.

1. It has Google Play services. Update via Get Apps & Play store magically appears.

2. It took only 43mins to recharge to 100% via the 67W MI turbo charge fast charger.

3. Bank apps , UOB , HSBC , BOC , jompay , FPX works since they came from Play Store.

4. Not a maybank user so can't help with your QR questions.

5. The overall UI like screen recording & picture gallery still lose to Samsung One UI. One UI has more features like recording with sound , crop video to any sizes I want , insert text anywhere inside video , resize video to smaller resolution.

6. Built in Call recording. This one win over Samsung. Silly Samsung has to install 3rd party app to record calls.

7. McD app working. I can log in my McD account and flash my QR code of my chosen menu promo.

8. Video 8K is gimmick. If hand jittery the video quality will be affected, blurry.

9. 4K60 on normal & ultrawide is super duper good & clear.

10. Video can zoom in 15x only. S21 Ultra can 20x. So not much difference.

11. Finger print unlock is fast after changing to 3rd party SP. Dunno why the factory installed SP affect the FP scanner alot.

12. Factory install SP is thick and good. Drop my for on the floor with sands. SP torn , blistered but screen not cracked.

13.4G signal is very good here. 👍 trademark of Qualcomm Snapdragon.

14. Phone is always warm. Feature of S888. Not much those fake & paid influencers, YouTube,  reviewers gonna tell you. But I tell you. Since human fingers & palm are designed to resist heat. You need to put the fon on your wrist or thighs to feel the warmness. Lol. Phone gets very very very warm after 4K60 video recording. I use infrared thermometer it shows HI or 41 Celsius.

15. Battery if charge to 100% in morning can lasts 5 to 6 hours , mostly browsers , FB , apps , no gaming.

16 The bixby Siri alike assistant XiaoAi has very cute voice lol. But mandarin only.

17. The middle button □ can be used as screenshot short cut, the < button to off the screen. Very useful.

18. The only China phone I liked 👍 after using Huawei , Vivo , Oppo & realme. Been Trying to get away from Samsung since they kept increasing prices.
I agree on everything you mention especially #18. Been using Samsung for 6 years ; S2, S3, S4, note 3, note 4 & note 5; finally I pulled the trigger. The main issue back then was the unoptimized TouchWiz. The code was so bad that every Samsung phone I used will slow down less than 6 months.

Other than curved screen since S6 & very good SPen experience on Note series, they're basically dead. They're so comfortable that they forgot to innovate but keep increasing their price. I'm not trying to bash Samsung or whatever, heck, I really love their phone design. But when they trying too hard to become Apple, I have to say goodbye. Even their midrange phones offer pathetic value compared to Xiaomi, Huawei & Oppo.

The only reason why people still buying Samsung phone that I can think of is they're afraid to walk away from the ecosystem.

This post has been edited by Arool: Aug 22 2021, 02:52 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0358sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 PM