Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is executive training programme worth it?, Need opinions

views

TSecksdeez
post Feb 23 2021, 01:50 AM, updated 4y ago

23 posts

I'm a Computer Science fresh graduate (Degree) and recently I got an offer from one of the legion’s leading investment institutions for their training programme for 8 months in KL.
Kindly want your opinions (pros and cons) on whether I should accept it or go find job that are related to my field unsure.gif

This post has been edited by ecksdeez: Feb 23 2021, 01:53 AM
Oklahoma
post Feb 23 2021, 08:18 AM

-
878 posts

What do you mean legion?
malleus
post Feb 23 2021, 02:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(ecksdeez @ Feb 23 2021, 01:50 AM)
I'm a Computer Science fresh graduate (Degree) and recently I got an offer from one of the legion’s leading investment institutions for their training programme for 8 months in KL.
Kindly want your opinions (pros and cons) on whether I should accept it or go find job that are related to my field  unsure.gif
so what are you interested in doing? working in a job that's related to what you studied (assuming this is where your interests are at), or move into finance?
siew14
post Feb 23 2021, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
838 posts

QUOTE(ecksdeez @ Feb 23 2021, 01:50 AM)
Kindly want your opinions (pros and cons) on whether I should accept it or go find job that are related to my field  unsure.gif
If the institution is registered in the securities commission, then why not, you can give it a try, otherwise, i think is those scam company, better dont go.

QUOTE(Oklahoma @ Feb 23 2021, 08:18 AM)
What do you mean legion?
i think is typo.. should be region.
TSecksdeez
post Feb 23 2021, 02:56 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Feb 23 2021, 02:09 PM)
so what are you interested in doing? working in a job that's related to what you studied (assuming this is where your interests are at), or move into finance?
I'm interested on doing what related to my field however I would like to know if i were to get absorbed am i going to be in a department that is related to my field or not related to my field. And if i were to get absorbed am i going to do more on management stuff or technical stuff?
TSecksdeez
post Feb 23 2021, 03:08 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Feb 23 2021, 02:35 PM)
If the institution is registered in the securities commission, then why not, you can give it a try, otherwise, i think is those scam company, better dont go.
i think is typo.. should be region.
Yes it is registered under the securities commission. Thank you for your opinion, really clueless rn since the pandemic is going on im worried that job opportunities are really slim.
malleus
post Feb 23 2021, 03:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,096 posts

QUOTE(ecksdeez @ Feb 23 2021, 02:56 PM)
I'm interested on doing what related to my field however I would like to know if i were to get absorbed am i going to be in a department that is related to my field or not related to my field. And if i were to get absorbed am i going to do more on management stuff or technical stuff?
I might be wrong here, but it does sound like one of those management trainee programs, where they take in graduates from almost any background for training.

And if that is the case, then it's likely going to be for something related to their core business, which is finance/investment, not IT.

But that's just my suspicion, which might be wrong. To find out for sure, ask them this question. on what types of work are you most likely to be doing if you do get absorbed, and if it'll be in IT or not.
TSecksdeez
post Feb 23 2021, 04:33 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(malleus @ Feb 23 2021, 03:54 PM)
I might be wrong here, but it does sound like one of those management trainee programs, where they take in graduates from almost any background for training.

And if that is the case, then it's likely going to be for something related to their core business, which is finance/investment, not IT.

But that's just my suspicion, which might be wrong. To find out for sure, ask them this question. on what types of work are you most likely to be doing if you do get absorbed, and if it'll be in IT or not.
From what ive hear, the programme took graduates from any background for the training and they prioritize graduate that took scholarship from them. Thank you, ill try to call them and ask them regarding the question. Much appreciated.
ArchWebs
post Feb 23 2021, 07:18 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(ecksdeez @ Feb 23 2021, 04:33 PM)
From what ive hear, the programme took graduates from any background for the training and they prioritize graduate that took scholarship from them. Thank you, ill try to call them and ask them regarding the question. Much appreciated.
It will be easier if u give some hints/reveal the identity of the company. It's not a secret that most of the firm's do offer management trainee programs
TSecksdeez
post Feb 25 2021, 12:27 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(ArchWebs @ Feb 23 2021, 07:18 PM)
It will be easier if u give some hints/reveal the identity of the company. It's not a secret that most of the firm's do offer management trainee programs
Its from permodalan nasional berhad (PNB)

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.65    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:20 AM