Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hi-Fi Newbie in Audiophile world here~, Looking for insight

views

TSHaleYeah
post Feb 19 2021, 02:35 PM, updated 3y ago

Getting Started
65 posts

Hello everyone, I just enter this Audiophile world.
I'm really interested in enjoying my music at max quality.

I listens to quite a lot of music, from Metal to K-Pop.
Bought myself some Chi-Fi stuff, a pair of KZ ZS10 Pro IEM, so far it's pretty good.

I want to connect it up to my PC to listen to some music as well, so I'm looking for insight and suggestions on what DAC + AMP combo, or plainly DAC to get.
Budget can go as much as RM1.5k (is this a lot or no? I have no idea haha).
Pretty open to any suggestions, hoping to learn a lot from all of you on this world.
Lego Warfare
post Feb 19 2021, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

QUOTE(HaleYeah @ Feb 19 2021, 02:35 PM)

Bought myself some Chi-Fi stuff, a pair of KZ ZS10 Pro IEM, so far it's pretty good.

I want to connect it up to my PC to listen to some music as well, so I'm looking for insight and suggestions on what DAC + AMP combo, or plainly DAC to get.
Pretty open to any suggestions, hoping to learn a lot from all of you on this world.
If you are just using IEMs, Lotoo Paw S1 is more than enough. But you would find a bigger difference upgrading your IEMs instead of getting a dac/amp.
ktek
post Feb 19 2021, 10:08 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,545 posts

oh headfi
TSHaleYeah
post Feb 20 2021, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Feb 19 2021, 02:40 PM)
If you are just using IEMs, Lotoo Paw S1 is more than enough. But you would find a bigger difference upgrading your IEMs instead of getting a dac/amp.
Alright, thanks for the insight rclxm9.gif
E1 - AKG
post Feb 24 2021, 09:28 AM

Your personal audio store!
6,439 posts

Calebraj
post Mar 5 2021, 06:59 PM

Casual
452 posts

Go up the range for KZ range, already a huge upgrade.

Something like BA10 or ASX. heck, even can go up to AS 16 from KZ and it is a huge jump in sound!

missmataleo
post Mar 29 2021, 06:50 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(E1 - AKG @ Feb 24 2021, 09:28 AM)

hi bro, is there any dac better than this one? considering the price range of it
TarePanda
post Apr 4 2021, 09:22 PM

Enthusiast
989 posts

QUOTE(missmataleo @ Mar 29 2021, 06:50 AM)
hi bro, is there any dac better than this one? considering the price range of it
Audiophile is a sound chain. From source to iem/headphone/speaker.
You might need to proportion it right. Or, move up slowly by experience different type of equipment with your own ears.
TSHaleYeah
post Apr 5 2021, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Guys, i just bought a Sennheiser HD6XX to pair with my upcoming Loxjie P20. Woohoooooo
danny_sp15
post Apr 5 2021, 01:09 PM

==============
3,045 posts

QUOTE(HaleYeah @ Apr 5 2021, 09:23 AM)
Guys, i just bought a Sennheiser HD6XX to pair with my upcoming Loxjie P20. Woohoooooo
Did you get a balanced cable for the HD6XX as well? Can make full use of balanced output from the Loxjie P20.
TSHaleYeah
post Apr 5 2021, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Apr 5 2021, 01:09 PM)
Did you get a balanced cable for the HD6XX as well? Can make full use of balanced output from the Loxjie P20.
Yep, waiting for it to deliver hehehe
sulfuriq
post Apr 12 2021, 09:32 PM

Regular
1,154 posts

The first thing to invest whether you are going with IEM or Headphones
If Headphones whether Dynamic or Planar, Closed or Opened Back
Then
DAC/AMP - Portable or Desktop (With Balanced or Unbalanced) There are so many choices like iFi, Lotoo, Topping, Fiio and etc. My advice choose the one with Balanced output.
Headphones you can buy directly from local shop/online shopping, much cheaper while Balanced Cable I would suggest buy it from AliExpress as the price difference is huge.

Then, if you are willing to venture more into the depth of audiophile, then you can start invest into balanced cable (of course if your IEM/Headphones have detachable cable).
I would suggest for you to invest in Portable DAC/AMP like Lotoo PAW S1 as it doesn't have battery but can be use on smartphone and PC plus has MQA Rendering if you are using TIDAL.
Don't buy Headphones with Ohm more than 32Ohm because you'll need more powerful amplifier to drive it to get the best Sound Quality from it.
If you are using your Android smartphone as DAP, I would suggest you to buy UAPP (USB Android Player Pro) so it will by pass internal Android Hi-Res DAC, for PC use ASIO or WASAPI to by pass the Windows Sound Mixer so you can get bit-perfect.

And for your knowledge, most of the well known well made DAC/AMP are from Chi-Fi like Hifiman, Topping, Fiio and etc.
As an advice, always look for DAC/AMP with balanced output (better 4.4mm more sturdy than 2.5mm) so your path of SQ improvement is not hindered.
barjoyai
post Apr 14 2021, 10:00 PM

PoisonRoses
719 posts

Agree with the above comment. You probably should decide whether to go for IEM or headphones. Most IEMs are sensitive, low impedance, and most high end headphones are higher in impedance --> thus they may require different need of amplifications. If u are going the headphones way then there will be endless journey(probably) to search for higher power(matching) amplifier with diff parameters to consider: type of output(balanced or unbalanced), power rating, amplifier impedance and so on. Most IEMS can be adequately amplified with beginner-mid range dac/amp combo.

The above ifi Zen Dac looks very nice, have very good reviews and very affordable as well.

TSHaleYeah
post Apr 15 2021, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Hi all, thank you for the wonderful replies.
Just to update you guys, I picked up a Sennheiser HD6XX + Loxjie P20 hybrid tube amp as an upgrade for home use. I have my KZ ZS10 Pro with me for on-the-go use.
Ameerzs
post Apr 24 2021, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
254 posts

QUOTE(HaleYeah @ Apr 15 2021, 09:13 AM)
Hi all, thank you for the wonderful replies.
Just to update you guys, I picked up a Sennheiser HD6XX + Loxjie P20 hybrid tube amp as an upgrade for home use. I have my KZ ZS10 Pro with me for on-the-go use.
Nice, love that one ,got mine few years ago for rm900 only
Paired fully balanced with class A amp is amazing for the value
Last me full 1 year before upgrade

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0229sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:19 AM