Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IoT and parking system management, creating a parking system management app

views

TSjohn-007 P
post Feb 16 2021, 08:00 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
6 posts

Hi guys,

I am passionate for some years now about IoT and how the Internet of Things can change the future and our living conditions. So far, I do not work in a sector that I really like and I want to change my job.
My project is to create a parking management application on mobile in order to help users to find a parking close to their location.
I would like to have your opinions about that do not hesitate to share it. Also, I am wondering about the level of competition in this field : is it highly competitive ?
I have already done some research on the topic but if some of you do have more information about that I will be more than happy to read it.

Thanks laugh.gif
TSjohn-007 P
post Feb 17 2021, 05:54 PM

Probation
6 posts

Hello again guys,

Maybe I was not enough precise or clear in my last post. So to explain you better, parking system management aims to track cars with sensors system. There is also a smart counter system that can detect each time a vehicle enters and leave a parking facility. IoT based platforms aims to connect drivers and parking spots thanks to a smart management system. These kind of parking facilities are also called "smart parking", if it s not enought clear you can find information about what is a smart parking over there : https://www.myflexipark.be/en/smart-parking . So this the project I wish to develop over the months coming but I'd like to be more aware about the "context" before starting anything. For instance, I know that because of Covid-19, it might be more difficult to make it work. As people travel less, they also use less parking applications... If any of you see other constraints likely to slow down the development of this project, please let me know. So far my goal is to weigh the pros and cons before starting anything ^^. Also if you have ever used this kind of app let me know as well, I'd like to have your opinions about it.

Thanks a lot

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:56 PM