Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

+44 7429 896389, Indian scammer.

views

TSnetmatrix
post Feb 7 2021, 01:07 AM, updated 4y ago

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

I got call from the number above on Friday 7th at 2:12pm. The lady talking on the other end is heavily Indian accented. They got my name correct. But they do not have any more details than that. They claim to call from a company *I could not make out the name because of the heavy indian accent*. And they wish to partner up with the company i am with. My immediate thought is local Indian does not have slang like that and points to scamming in progress. I said not interested and hung up.

I assume this was one of the Maxis data leaks that got into scammer hands. This is the first time i got calls like this. Else the calls would be from the usual PDRM, POS, Court, LHDN, etc localized scammers.

I went back did a reverse search and this number points to no where in UK. Add this number to list.

This post has been edited by netmatrix: Feb 7 2021, 01:09 AM
waghyu
post Feb 7 2021, 01:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Feb 7 2021, 01:07 AM)
I got call from the number above on Friday 7th at 2:12pm. The lady talking on the other end is heavily Indian accented. They got my name correct. But they do not have any more details than that. They claim to call from a company *I could not make out the name because of the heavy indian accent*. And they wish to partner up with the company i am with. My immediate thought is local Indian does not have slang like that and points to scamming in progress. I said not interested and hung up.

I assume this was one of the Maxis data leaks that got into scammer hands. This is the first time i got calls like this. Else the calls would be from the usual PDRM, POS, Court, LHDN, etc localized scammers.

I went back did a reverse search and this number points to no where in UK. Add this number to list.
Indian in Mumbai are master of scamming
akamaru607
post Feb 7 2021, 01:20 AM

42 posts

Normally I got those scam call whenever after I got purchase at Lazada and shopee. I believe because our details is on the parcel.

But your case kinda new to me because they knew your company.

I did receive scam call from +44 as well via WhatsApp
TSnetmatrix
post Feb 7 2021, 01:49 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(akamaru607 @ Feb 7 2021, 01:20 AM)
Normally I got those scam call whenever after I got purchase at Lazada and shopee. I believe because our details is on the parcel.

But your case kinda new to me because they knew your company.

I did receive scam call from +44 as well via WhatsApp
They did not say my company name. But they got my name right. I assume thats the data breach that happened from Maxis that only contained our registered details. Not the details on the rest of our lives!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I am way more surprised that they called up saying my number was given by their partner. I should have delved deeper into this. But i was driving that time.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:36 AM