3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University NUS Applicants 2021/2022 Tread

views

TSHomuntan02 P
post Feb 3 2021, 03:52 PM, updated 3y ago

Probation
24 posts

Hey everyone! I couldn't find a tread for NUS Applicants this year so I decided to start one!

1. What course are you applying for?
2. Which qualification are you using to apply? (UEC/A-levels/etc)
3. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them?
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to?

And do let me know if ya'll want me to start an offer tracker for us all!

Good luck to everyone!!

TSHomuntan02 P
post Feb 3 2021, 03:59 PM

Probation
24 posts

1. Comp Sci, Business Analytics, Information Systems and Econs
2. Cambridge A-levels
3. Maths, Bio, Econs, Psych (4A*)
4. NTU, LSE, UCL, Manchester and HKUST
a19113
post Feb 3 2021, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Homuntan02 @ Feb 3 2021, 03:59 PM)
1. Comp Sci, Business Analytics, Information Systems and Econs
2. Cambridge A-levels
3. Maths, Bio, Econs, Psych (4A*)
4. NTU, LSE, UCL, Manchester and HKUST
Why not apply to Oxbridge or US universities like MIT?
TSHomuntan02 P
post Feb 4 2021, 01:36 PM

Probation
24 posts

QUOTE(a19113 @ Feb 3 2021, 08:58 PM)
Why not apply to Oxbridge or US universities like MIT?
I actually did apply to oxford but got rejected haha... as for us unis, I believe the cost of undergrad isnt worth it. However I do plan to apply to us unis for a masters programme.
zz.mpb P
post Feb 15 2021, 09:32 PM

Probation
1 posts

Greetings! smile.gif

1. Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Science
2. STPM
3. Chem, Bio, Math T, PA ( >3.75 )
4. UKM, USM, UPM (Pharmacy/ Dietetics), NTU (Chemistry and Biological Chemistry​)

However, still undecided whether to put Pharmaceutical Science as 1st option... as I have almost 0% confidence to get Pharmacy ...
Any advice is welcomed! Thanks in advance !!
TSHomuntan02 P
post Feb 20 2021, 11:58 AM

Probation
24 posts

QUOTE(zz.mpb @ Feb 15 2021, 09:32 PM)
Greetings! smile.gif

2. STPM
4. UKM, USM, UPM (Pharmacy/ Dietetics), NTU (Chemistry and Biological Chemistry​)

However, still undecided whether to put Pharmaceutical Science as 1st option... as I have almost 0% confidence to get Pharmacy ...
Hey! Nice to meet you and all the best!
malz89
post Feb 20 2021, 10:36 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(zz.mpb @ Feb 15 2021, 09:32 PM)
Greetings! smile.gif

2. STPM

Quite competitive choice, even for locals with freaking good grades. And, iinm you can only work in Singapore after u grad, if ure planning to work somewhere else ull have to take a professional paper.
purzng P
post Apr 1 2021, 09:57 PM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(Homuntan02 @ Feb 3 2021, 03:52 PM)
Hey everyone! I couldn't find a tread for NUS Applicants this year so I decided to start one!

1. What course are you applying for?
2. Which qualification are you using to apply? (UEC/A-levels/etc)
3. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them?
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to?

And do let me know if ya'll want me to start an offer tracker for us all!

Good luck to everyone!!
1. Computer Science
2. UEC
3. 7As(including addmath A1, english A2, phy/chem A1)
4. local private uni
rhytion
post Apr 3 2021, 09:20 PM

Casual
389 posts

1. Computer Science
2. Cambridge A-levels
3. Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry (4A*)
4. NTU, SMU
purzng P
post Apr 11 2021, 06:32 PM

Probation
9 posts

Hi, did anyone receive NTU offer letter?
rhytion
post Apr 12 2021, 11:12 AM

Casual
389 posts

QUOTE(purzng @ Apr 11 2021, 06:32 PM)
Yes
purzng P
post Apr 12 2021, 11:31 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(rhytion @ Apr 12 2021, 11:12 AM)
Yes
Congrats! How is the offer? NTU offered me to IEM..
rhytion
post Apr 12 2021, 11:38 AM

Casual
389 posts

QUOTE(purzng @ Apr 12 2021, 11:31 AM)
Congratulations to you for getting an offer too! I was offered Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
purzng P
post Apr 12 2021, 11:53 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(rhytion @ Apr 12 2021, 11:38 AM)
Congratulations to you for getting an offer too! I was offered Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Wow quite a good course too! However I don't really like the course that NTU offered, this is my fourth choice tho... Waiting for NUS application outcome then smile.gif
iSean
post Apr 12 2021, 10:49 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(purzng @ Apr 12 2021, 11:31 AM)
This degree is somewhat useful, can enjoy both arts and engineering.
Not too dry not too wet. Somemore recognized by IES as Engineering Degree for Electronics not mistaken.
purzng P
post Apr 13 2021, 11:40 AM

Probation
9 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Apr 12 2021, 10:49 PM)
This degree is somewhat useful, can enjoy both arts and engineering.
Not too dry not too wet. Somemore recognized by IES as Engineering Degree for Electronics not mistaken.
Sounds cool nod.gif

df569
post Apr 17 2021, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. I have enrolled myself for CIE A levels at Sunway College. I visited NTU's and NUS's website and realised that they require the Singaporean-Cambridge A levels. What are the differences between the 2 and can I still enroll into NTU or NUS with CIE A levels?

For the mechanical engineering course, what are the minimum "guideline" for results that I should aim for? I will be taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry as I think Singapore unis prefer 4 A levels? TQ in advance.
jstan102
post Apr 20 2021, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(df569 @ Apr 17 2021, 09:21 PM)
Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. I have enrolled myself for CIE A levels at Sunway College. I visited NTU's and NUS's website and realised that they require the Singaporean-Cambridge A levels. What are the differences between the 2 and can I still enroll into NTU or NUS with CIE A levels?

For the mechanical engineering course, what are the minimum "guideline" for results that I should aim for? I will be taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry as I think Singapore unis prefer 4 A levels? TQ in advance.
You can definitely still apply to NTU and NUS using CIE A-Levels, but do be prepared as they also have high requirements. Singapore A-Levels is their own form of A-Levels managed by their own education system, hence it is their preferred qualification, hence competition is higher if you were to apply using international qualifications (CIE A-Levels, STPM, AUSMAT, etc.). It's correct to assume that 4 subjects are the minimum to apply and usually straight A's are the expected requirements but it still does not guarantee you admission. Furthermore, straight A*'s is, if not the minimum, the usual grades to be eligible for scholarships, not to mention your extra-curricular achievements. They do post their requirements for CIE A-Levels so do give it a look.

Mechanical Engineering's cut-off is usually lower than that of more popular engineering courses like Chemical, Computer or Electrical Engineering, but that does not mean it's easier to get since you have to understand locals get priority, so the standards are definitely higher for international students.

Anyhow, do strive to do your best in college and try to take on additional achievements, and I hope you all the best.

This post has been edited by jstan102: Apr 20 2021, 02:05 PM
df569
post Apr 20 2021, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(jstan102 @ Apr 20 2021, 02:05 PM)
You can definitely still apply to NTU and NUS using CIE A-Levels, but do be prepared as they also have high requirements. Singapore A-Levels is their own form of A-Levels managed by their own education system, hence it is their preferred qualification, hence competition is higher if you were to apply using international qualifications (CIE A-Levels, STPM, AUSMAT, etc.). It's correct to assume that 4 subjects are the minimum to apply and usually straight A's are the expected requirements but it still does not guarantee you admission. Furthermore, straight A*'s is, if not the minimum, the usual grades to be eligible for scholarships, not to mention your extra-curricular achievements. They do post their requirements for CIE A-Levels so do give it a look.

Mechanical Engineering's cut-off is usually lower than that of more popular engineering courses like Chemical, Computer or Electrical Engineering, but that does not mean it's easier to get since you have to understand locals get priority, so the standards are definitely higher for international students.

Anyhow, do strive to do your best in college and try to take on additional achievements, and I hope you all the best.
Noted, tq for your explanation.
TSHomuntan02 P
post Apr 24 2021, 07:02 PM

Probation
24 posts

QUOTE(purzng @ Apr 11 2021, 06:32 PM)
Yeap! Got my Comp Sci offer from NTU, anyone else got cs too? biggrin.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 PM