76 posts

Closed

This post has been edited by videogames_sports: Jun 10 2022, 11:46 PM
TSvideogames_sports
post Feb 20 2021, 05:20 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(GHBZDK @ Feb 4 2021, 06:53 AM)
Non stop. 11pm receive help call that I didn’t reply and no time do yet and 6am like now already working on overdue thing that I’m sure to get chased on.

Goal is to get money for side business and exit early only. I don’t see this field as sustainable.
What sort of side business idea? Related to IT too?

Why u see this field as not sustainable?

QUOTE(Zer0 c00L @ Feb 4 2021, 11:39 AM)
it really depends on which branch of IT, what role you're in, and what the company culture is, and whether IT is the profit or cost center.

on one end you can be the 24/7 standby with lots of ad hoc OT kinda ie: working level

on the other end you can be the high level manager/consultant that moves around with lots of time to curi ayam attending a meeting a day for 1 or 2 hours or even less

its also highly dependent on the company culture as well

MNC(country specific culture), local chinaman culture? its a mixed bag depending on where you're looking

most of the time based on my experience, if IT related activities is the main profit center, companies tend to take care of their profit making employees ie: software engineers, developers more

however, if you're in a company which IT is the cost center, you'll most likely be at the bottom of the food chain as everything IT related is considered additional cost to the company and thus the company will try to cut down on as much expenses as possible which most of the time will mean cheap infra, shitty processes, lack of resources, lack of manpower etc
Any examples of IT companies who are profit centers?

And I'm guessing company where the IT is the cost center are like MNC's and SME's which are not in IT industry but have IT teams to help maintain the IT systems?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.43    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:58 PM