Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

German to make medical-grade masks mandatory, Three-ply non-surgical not enough

views

TSleetan33
post Jan 26 2021, 03:51 PM, updated 4y ago

On my way
589 posts

Source: https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/here-s-...-rules-1.659579

user posted image

KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany – Medical-grade masks will be required across Germany starting Monday, but different states have different rules about which ones can be worn and military officials haven’t said if the new requirements will apply on U.S. bases.

Masks that can be worn while shopping, using public transportation, going to the doctor, attending religious services, or in any public venue that is likely to be heavily trafficked, are FFP2 or FFP3 masks, KN95 or N95 masks, and surgical masks, also known as OP masks.

FFP2 or KN95/N95 masks have been mandatory in Bavaria since Jan. 18. Germany's largest state, which is home to USAG Bavaria and USAG Ansbach, does not allow surgical masks.

Surgical masks look similar to lower-grade masks that don't meet the standards for medical-grade face coverings. They must have multiple layers of fabric, a metal strut that sits across the nose, and say on their packaging that they are type II or III and CE rated, Germany’s Federal Institute for Medicines and Medical Devices says on its website.

Type I surgical masks are not medical-grade.

FFP2 or FFP3 masks are said to offer the best protection against the coronavirus. They shield the wearer and those nearby from larger particles found in the mouth and nose, called droplets, and from smaller particles called aerosols, the institute says. KN95 or N95 provide the same protection.

This post has been edited by leetan33: Jan 26 2021, 03:52 PM
happyking4ever
post Jan 26 2021, 03:54 PM

Casual
354 posts

so top glove bbbuuu some more?
djlake
post Jan 26 2021, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(leetan33 @ Jan 26 2021, 03:51 PM)
Source: https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/here-s-...-rules-1.659579

user posted image

KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany – Medical-grade masks will be required across Germany starting Monday, but different states have different rules about which ones can be worn and military officials haven’t said if the new requirements will apply on U.S. bases.

Masks that can be worn while shopping, using public transportation, going to the doctor, attending religious services, or in any public venue that is likely to be heavily trafficked, are FFP2 or FFP3 masks, KN95 or N95 masks, and surgical masks, also known as OP masks.

FFP2 or KN95/N95 masks have been mandatory in Bavaria since Jan. 18. Germany's largest state, which is home to USAG Bavaria and USAG Ansbach, does not allow surgical masks.

Surgical masks look similar to lower-grade masks that don't meet the standards for medical-grade face coverings. They must have multiple layers of fabric, a metal strut that sits across the nose, and say on their packaging that they are type II or III and CE rated, Germany’s Federal Institute for Medicines and Medical Devices says on its website.

Type I surgical masks are not medical-grade.

FFP2 or FFP3 masks are said to offer the best protection against the coronavirus. They shield the wearer and those nearby from larger particles found in the mouth and nose, called droplets, and from smaller particles called aerosols, the institute says. KN95 or N95 provide the same protection.
here we where mask from kain bantik siap ada labuchi and flowery braided ties with pearls whistling.gif
happyking4ever
post Jan 26 2021, 03:57 PM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(djlake @ Jan 26 2021, 03:54 PM)
here we where mask from kain bantik siap ada labuchi and flowery braided ties with pearls  whistling.gif
many already stop wearing while walking or working outside. i think many people simply feed up already and don't care what government says. when i drive by i can see a significant percentage of people simply not wearing the mask, even though they keep the mask on their chin for quick cover in case polis is nearby.

This post has been edited by happyking4ever: Jan 26 2021, 03:58 PM
TSleetan33
post Jan 26 2021, 04:56 PM

On my way
589 posts

QUOTE(djlake @ Jan 26 2021, 03:54 PM)
here we where mask from kain bantik siap ada labuchi and flowery braided ties with pearls  whistling.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif
djlake
post Jan 26 2021, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Jan 26 2021, 03:57 PM)
many already stop wearing while walking or working outside. i think many people simply feed up already and don't care what government says. when i drive by i can see a significant percentage of people simply not wearing the mask, even though they keep the mask on their chin for quick cover in case polis is nearby.
yeap, this is true. sad state.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:54 AM