Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Chelsea FC - The Shed V55, 2021 Champion League Winner!

views

RedShirt
post Jan 23 2021, 10:07 PM

On my way
515 posts

Our cursed number, #3
RedShirt
post Feb 15 2021, 10:52 AM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(zoidx_chung @ Feb 14 2021, 07:48 PM)
Must be a bunch of geniuses managing the team for strengthening one of their top opponents in their league, especially when there are other teams interested in the player and willing to pay big bucks as well.
Time to look elsewhere or to play/bring back some of our youths
RedShirt
post Feb 24 2021, 09:35 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(zoidx_chung @ Feb 24 2021, 08:55 PM)
Olivier Giroud hasn’t ruled out extending his contract at Chelsea.

Tammy Abraham is not interested in discussing an extension to his contract while the club cast admiring glances at Erling Haaland, it would be prudent to convince Giroud to stay.

- @TheAthleticUK
Agreed on prioritizing Giroud over Tammy if we are actually really going for Haaland. We really miss a Drogba/Costa-esque bullying striker.

About the match, I only watched the first half before giving up and heading to bed. Really woke up to a surprise.

This post has been edited by RedShirt: Feb 24 2021, 09:35 PM
RedShirt
post Mar 1 2021, 02:33 PM

On my way
515 posts

Will an ambitious Haaland come in and fix all the problems? Will he be interested to play for Chelsea.

Please prioritise Haaland over Hazard/Sancho/Lingardinho/etc/etc
RedShirt
post Mar 8 2021, 01:23 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(Kerplunk @ Mar 6 2021, 04:27 PM)
It's strange because so many fans on reddit were convinced that 3 at the back was never his favoured formation. Now we're on such an amazing run, I won't be surprised if he sticks to it till the end of the season. Defense just looks solid, and I like it. It's also a testament to his ability as a coach, I don't remember PSG playing regularly with 3 at the back, so he's definitely went with this shape based on the ability of our players.

Even more impressive is the fact that frank ditched the formation since the start of the season, so he definitely had to drill his methods into the players from day 1,and we're reaping the rewards.

That creative force was supposed to be havertz right? I wonder how long till he makes his mark on the team. Our midfield tend to play it safe too often, that's a major part of the problem as well.

What I loved about the pool game was that we were hitting it long with more accuracy, and kante (of all people) whom I was annoyed with for the Southampton match for refusing to take any risks with his passing, was the catalyst for Mount's winning goal. It's amazing how one simple long crossfield pass lead to pool's defence being breached, as delaying it for a few more seconds probably means the shot's blocked and we end up with a corner. 

You could see kante tried it a few more times with mixed results but the most important thing is at least he's attempting the quick forward pass. Jorginho's was a beauty too, and I believe werner's goal should've counted. Now I'm just concerned about tammy's future, but I trust tuchel will give him more chances. Love our unbeaten run so far and that mental block finally being overcome vs big teams is a huge, huge, boost.
Hope to see James and Chilly B start bombing them on the flanks as well (something that is an Alonso fav thing to do)

Quite annoyed when James is mostly passing to the back instead of trying to take on the defenders, especially when we know he has the pace.

RedShirt
post Mar 9 2021, 01:12 AM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(zoidx_chung @ Mar 9 2021, 01:00 AM)
Waiting for a good match.
TT is bringing out the "BIG" guys, to challenge for aerial dominance (with pace)? Zouma, Alonso and Havertz. Only missing Giroud.

Excited to see if Havertz will improve his play under TT.
RedShirt
post Mar 22 2021, 02:41 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(derthvadar @ Mar 22 2021, 03:41 AM)
user posted image

Manchester City!

laugh.gif
The real challenge with a top of the league contender. (if we don't count A.Madrid tongue.gif )
RedShirt
post Apr 8 2021, 06:08 PM

On my way
515 posts

Sweet reunion with Hazard (if he gets better) and if we win 2nd leg and meet Real Madrid next.

Didn't watch this one because wasn't all excited after our first loss.
RedShirt
post Apr 12 2021, 05:15 PM

On my way
515 posts

So close. Would have been great if Leicester managed to score one more against West Ham
RedShirt
post Apr 14 2021, 11:45 PM

On my way
515 posts

A bit waste of time staying up and watching the match but good that we are through to the next round.

Maybe we can have a reunion with Hazard?
RedShirt
post Apr 15 2021, 06:57 PM

On my way
515 posts

Not to our benefit but I hope Hazard gets well before the match with us, so that we can have a reunion.
RedShirt
post Apr 21 2021, 05:01 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(dennis008 @ Apr 21 2021, 12:43 PM)
we deserved it though
Doesn't matter because we are going to qualify for CL by winning CL. laugh.gif
RedShirt
post Apr 21 2021, 05:15 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(dennis008 @ Apr 21 2021, 05:05 PM)
ya man
It would be the best scenario to flick off the FA and UEFA. biggrin.gif
RedShirt
post Apr 28 2021, 01:21 AM

On my way
515 posts

Getting excited for the match later. Please let it be an exciting game.
RedShirt
post May 4 2021, 04:07 PM

On my way
515 posts

Yeah, at least he is making an effort and it is paying off in the form opening the areas for other players to run into and also for the record number of assists.

I wanted to bring Morata into the discussion but Morata is kinda of a different type of player. He scores well with his head when people give him service like crossing the ball in. He misses sitters like Werner though.

Maybe, just maybe Werner will pull it off as a winner for the season if he scores in a crucial Champions League match like Torres against Barca. 50m fully paid off in one goal haha

This post has been edited by RedShirt: May 4 2021, 04:08 PM
RedShirt
post May 9 2021, 02:48 AM

On my way
515 posts

Would love to see Werner smashing in goals but I will take that type of hard work and assist anydays. Well done to pile the pressure on Man City for the UCL Finals.
RedShirt
post May 9 2021, 02:50 AM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(mrJellybean @ May 9 2021, 02:48 AM)
Yea.. Totally outclass MC leftback
Can see Pep trying to fix it by putting in a sub but Thomas makes it worse for them by continuing to overload the right side by keeping James and putting on CHO.
RedShirt
post May 27 2021, 08:37 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(Shanks747 @ May 27 2021, 05:03 PM)
Lukaku - Striker
Sancho -Winger
Aurélien Tchouaméni - DM
Varane - CB
brows.gif  rclxm9.gif
QUOTE(gaeria84 @ May 27 2021, 05:21 PM)
If win CL this week, no need to beg these players to come. They'll line up to sign with us
The dream.
RedShirt
post May 31 2021, 10:53 PM

On my way
515 posts

Waiting for the kit with 2 stars
RedShirt
post Jun 2 2021, 02:12 PM

On my way
515 posts

My my. Will be an exciting transfer window again.

Of the rumoured forwards, I will be excited to get either Harry Kane or Erling Halland but seems like Lukaku is the most probable.

Halland will be most exciting one because of his talent and age (really can build a new dynasty with the young guns in the team like Mount, James, Chilwell, Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, CHO)

Kane is the most proven finisher in EPL.

But somehow the most likely to get is Lukaku.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0458sec    0.43    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:01 AM