Web Design and its files, Using Wordpress

views

TSsiew14
post Jan 21 2021, 12:52 PM, updated 4y ago

Enthusiast
838 posts

Dear All,

Just want to ask.

When a web designer hand over the project/files back to the client upon the completion of web designing, those files will be provided to a web hosting company for hosting purpose.

Now, the question is.... are those files editable i.e. means can I get another web designer to edit the file, for maintenance purposes? To what extent the website/file can be edited?

What is the common practice for the web designing industry when handling over the files to client upon completion of web design?

ifourtos
post Jan 21 2021, 12:56 PM

Regular
1,884 posts

Based on the question you ask.

I suggest.

use WIX. you can have differently batch of designer
using the same platform to edit/manage
BlackWoods
post Jan 22 2021, 03:43 PM

Dark Knight
2,152 posts

QUOTE(siew14 @ Jan 21 2021, 12:52 PM)
Dear All,

Just want to ask.

When a web designer hand over the project/files back to the client upon the completion of web designing, those files will be provided to a web hosting company for hosting purpose.

Now, the question is.... are those files editable i.e. means can I get another web designer to edit the file, for maintenance purposes? To what extent the website/file can be edited?

What is the common practice for the web designing industry when handling over the files to client upon completion of web design?
Since your topic title mentioned "WordPress", then yes, they are editable since WordPress is opensource.
maiself
post Jan 23 2021, 11:37 AM

Pro Surfer
1,339 posts

it depends on the agreement with the web designer..

If in the agreement stated they will provided editable files in psd/ai then you can ask other designer to edit if for you.

some designer only provided the client with complete templates only
etsuko
post Feb 7 2021, 09:48 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

If the previous provider didn't mention that they use WordPress, then you may want to request the admin access from them.

If they refuse to hand it over, be sure that you've access to your hosting server (especially MySQL). However, if the provider is also hosting for you and never in your life have you requested the access, things become difficult.

Only thing you can do in this case is to read the project agreement and determine whether they stated that access will not be granted to you. Or, if there's a small print that goes "any other request is ignored unless specified"

Anyway.. if the provider has a sense of professionalism, they should provide you (client) access to what you need.
penjana.my P
post Apr 17 2021, 05:05 AM

Probation
4 posts

Dear All,

Just want to ask.

if you have access to cpanel (web hosting), you basically have control of everything and just need to provide/grant access to the new appointed web developer/designer for website maintenance/upgrade.
yk8
post Apr 23 2021, 01:31 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

most of the socalled web designer nowadays use wordpress , install plugin , install themes , copy paste description , then sell to you , there is no such file actually , all stored in cpanel come with 1click wordpress installed , you may request the wpadmin password to access or edit after
bhengsoh
post May 1 2021, 10:58 PM

11 posts

Dear All,

Just want to ask.

Hi, your source code should includes sql database.
If you fail to recover password,
access to your cpanel phpMyAdmin, select WordPress database, edit wp_users, select MD5 with your new password.
ladycooper
post Jul 17 2021, 07:49 PM

Enthusiast
917 posts

why not ask or check with your website developer directly
ask them to provide you with "WP Admin" login since is developed using WordPress
or request for your hosting control panel login.
With that, you can also know whether they subscribe for a hosting package individually for you? or they subscribe 1 hosting plan then shared among few other customer.
It's still depends on what package you subscribe from them.

Then of course you need to know how to manage using WP Admin also
otherwise, if you get the login also need to hire another 3rd party to manage it for you

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM