Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Exiting Malaysia with IPA (Singapore), Exiting Malaysia with IPA (Singapore)

views

TSnicholasccw P
post Jan 20 2021, 03:05 PM, updated 4y ago

Probation
1 posts

Hey everyone,

Just out of curiosity, I currently have an IPA (In-Principle Approval) for my Dependent Pass from Singapore and MOM Approval Entry to Singapore.
I am planning to enter Singapore, however, just would like to check whether do I need to get approval from Immigration of Malaysia.

When I tried to contact and verified with them, they mentioned there is no need to apply as this is considered a Dependent Pass, but just for assurance, anyone experience this so far during this MCO period?

As for my research, we only need to apply for approval from Immigration of Malaysia if there is a need to travel for social meetings, work and medical purposes. If we fall under the category of Employment Pass and etc, no approval is needed. My only concern is that my Dependent Pass is the IPA (Which is not inside my passport, but a letter from MOM singapore)

Thanks for those reverting.

xMusashii
post Jan 20 2021, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

I don't see which there is an issue? I don't think there is a travel restriction between Malaysia and Singapore now. You can just show your IPA at SG immigration, provided you receive approval entry from SG.

Don't forget to do the covid test, I believe SG needs it.
TSnicholasccw P
post Jan 20 2021, 03:40 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(xMusashii @ Jan 20 2021, 03:10 PM)
I don't see which there is an issue? I don't think there is a travel restriction between Malaysia and Singapore now. You can just show your IPA at SG immigration, provided you receive approval entry from SG.

Don't forget to do the covid test, I believe SG needs it.
Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah, my concern is more on Malaysia Immigration when exiting at the airport, whether they do recognize this IPA as a Dependent Pass. I did saw one post that a person was blocked from entry when exiting from Penang International Airport to SG and he had his IPA and Approval Entry from SG. So yeah, I do hope KLIA side would not happen that way.

Thanks again.
ahmedsangam P
post Feb 15 2021, 09:05 AM

Probation
0 posts

for more information about malaysia
Singaporeans who intend to travel to the eastern coast of Sabah should exercise vigilance and caution.

They should keep themselves updated on the latest developments through official websites such as that of the Eastern Sabah Security Command (http://esscom.gov.my) as well as through Malaysian news outlets. Singaporeans are also advised to take all necessary precautions to ensure their personal safety, including purchasing comprehensive travel insurance and be familiar with the terms and coverage of the insurance policies. Do eRegister with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg/ so that we could contact you should the need arise. Those in need of consular assistance may contact the Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur or the 24-hour Ministry of Foreign Affairs Duty Office at:

High Commission of the Republic of Singapore in Malaysia
209 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +60 321 616 277
Duty phone: +60 166 610 400
Email: singhc_kul@mfa.sg

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Duty Office
Tanglin
Singapore 248163
Tel: 6379 8800, 6379 8855
Email: mfa_duty_officer@mfa.gov.sg
SUSkeluarpattern
post Feb 22 2021, 05:24 AM

KP
1,466 posts

QUOTE(nicholasccw @ Jan 20 2021, 03:40 PM)
Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah, my concern is more on Malaysia Immigration when exiting at the airport, whether they do recognize this IPA as a Dependent Pass. I did saw one post that a person was blocked from entry when exiting from Penang International Airport to SG and he had his IPA and Approval Entry from SG. So yeah, I do hope KLIA side would not happen that way.

Thanks again.
Then ts any update for your scenario cases?

Do they recognize?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:47 AM