Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Assets Management

views

SUSkeluarpattern
post Jan 19 2021, 06:28 AM, updated 4y ago

KP
1,466 posts

How do you think of

Those Asset Management's firm/Company's?
reinvest.official P
post Jan 19 2021, 09:13 AM

Probation
23 posts

Depends on the person you ask,

Disclaimer: I am working in the asset management industry, so yes, my views may be biased.

I believe the Asset Management industry is meant for people who prefers to have their assets handled by someone. OR they have no time because they are busy building a business that can generate more return than any investment instrument marketed by asset management firms.

If some prefer a more hands on approach, then no, asset management's high fees is a major turn off.
Cubalagi
post Jan 20 2021, 12:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Some are good, some so so and some bad.

SUSkeluarpattern
post Jan 20 2021, 01:19 AM

KP
1,466 posts

QUOTE(Cubalagi @ Jan 20 2021, 12:35 AM)
Some are good, some so so and some bad.
Actually how it is different with mutual fund products?
Cubalagi
post Jan 20 2021, 08:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(keluarpattern @ Jan 20 2021, 01:19 AM)
The investments of a mutual fund are managed by an asset management company.

But u can also opne direct account and these accounts are usually called mandates.
lambsauce
post Jan 20 2021, 02:58 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(reinvest.official @ Jan 19 2021, 09:13 AM)
Depends on the person you ask,

Disclaimer: I am working in the asset management industry, so yes, my views may be biased.

I believe the Asset Management industry is meant for people who prefers to have their assets handled by someone. OR they have no time because they are busy building a business that can generate more return than any investment instrument marketed by asset management firms.

If some prefer a more hands on approach, then no, asset management's high fees is a major turn off.
whats the min entry of money to be handled by asset mgmt co normally?

1million?
SUSkeluarpattern
post Jan 20 2021, 03:59 PM

KP
1,466 posts

QUOTE(lambsauce @ Jan 20 2021, 02:58 PM)

1million?
And what's d different of asset management co with securities/portfolios firm?
lambsauce
post Jan 20 2021, 04:20 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(keluarpattern @ Jan 20 2021, 03:59 PM)
And what's d different of asset management co with securities/portfolios firm?
i think asset mgmt co can help u to invest in more diversified products like bonds, pref. shares
reinvest.official P
post Jan 20 2021, 07:26 PM

Probation
23 posts

QUOTE(lambsauce @ Jan 20 2021, 02:58 PM)

1million?
It varies. Asset management companies comes in all sizes. Family offices typically asks for MYR 500k (because they are looking to build their asset under management) on top of the 2/20.

Those based off Labuan are a little trickier, they can ask anything from USD 10k ~ USD 1 million. Invests in anything under the sky. One that I have come across even allows 30% in cryptocurrency trading on top of Forex trading and about 20% in private equities.

Those that are easily accessible can vary from your mutual funds investments Minimum MYR 1k, to private mandates of minimum MYR 10 million.
reinvest.official P
post Jan 20 2021, 07:44 PM

Probation
23 posts

QUOTE(keluarpattern @ Jan 20 2021, 01:19 AM)
Mutual fund is one of the many instruments to invest in under the umbrella of asset management. As pointed out above, yes, asset management companies can provide private mandates, and even direct stocks investments. Some will declare dividend instead of returns while some would announce their returns after fees. Some not so performing once will announce returns before fees la *cough cough*.

SUSkeluarpattern
post Jan 20 2021, 07:52 PM

KP
1,466 posts

QUOTE(reinvest.official @ Jan 20 2021, 07:44 PM)
Mutual fund is one of the many instruments to invest in under the umbrella of asset management. As pointed out above, yes, asset management companies can provide private mandates, and even direct stocks investments. Some will declare dividend instead of returns while some would announce their returns after fees. Some not so performing once will announce returns before fees la *cough cough*.
Then is there any cancellation fees if

Product not yet reach maturity

But the investor family intend to end it/ of if due to health concern

The investor inability to make decisions such as the investor currently admittedly to ward and in life threatening status?
reinvest.official P
post Jan 21 2021, 10:35 PM

Probation
23 posts

QUOTE(keluarpattern @ Jan 20 2021, 07:52 PM)
Then is there any cancellation fees if

Product not yet reach maturity

But the investor family intend to end it/ of if due to health concern

The investor inability to make decisions such as the investor currently admittedly to ward and in life threatening status?
If it is stated in the beginning before you enter, usually in the prospectus or redemption clause then yes. Most opened ended investments do not have any cancellation fees. Sounds like what you have entered are closed ended. or with terms such as 1 year 3 years 5 years or 10 years terms. They would usually use penalty fees (some as high as 18~30%) to discourage you from early redemption.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:50 PM