Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> why stock sifus only teach technical analysis?

views

Fenix98
post Jan 10 2021, 01:58 PM

Casual
342 posts

You sure jew can understanding FA?
PortgasDerekAce
post Jan 10 2021, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

TA is bullshit

i read from article and believed that since then.
ju146
post Jan 10 2021, 02:57 PM

Regular
1,433 posts

FA needs domain knowledge. From company finance standpoint, ratio, business acumen, expansion, risk etc. A comprehensive analysis takes time.

TA ikut you suka cakap blow only, because TA simply refers to market/individual behavior aka GA - Goreng Analysis
Asgaard
post Jan 10 2021, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,189 posts

TA is blow only la... draw wat stupid lines... end up alot also die especially those newbie die2 follow.

Like supermax.. previously draw how many line also keep drop. U ask them whose the owner of supermax also they dono

This post has been edited by Asgaard: Jan 10 2021, 03:04 PM
malleus
post Jan 10 2021, 07:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,060 posts

QUOTE(gogocan @ Jan 10 2021, 12:02 PM)
[attachmentid=10752270]

Malaysia bursa TA ke FA ke cannot pakai one..
true stories told to me many times by ppl I know working at Bursa.

they often get calls and complaints blaming them when ppl invested in bad companies and lost money on it. even when the company is already flagged as PN4 or PN17. got accused of collaborating with these companies, as they never ban them from trading in the first place.
malleus
post Jan 10 2021, 07:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,060 posts

QUOTE(thxxht @ Jan 10 2021, 12:27 PM)
Investment gurus don’t make their money on the stock market they make it selling courses.
just like the top level MLM distributors lor. they only sell the bare minimum of products to retain their membership each year or cycle. most of their income are from their seminars, etc. not just from their downlines
JustcallmeLarry
post Jan 10 2021, 07:10 PM

Regular
1,360 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jan 10 2021, 04:23 AM)
Kurt Sakaeda, student of Larry Williams, as well as Michell Williams (partner of Heath Ledger - also won futures trading competition, daughter of Larry Williams).
Richard Dennis - teach trend following system to "turtles" made $200 million in ten years.
Ed Seykota - system trading developer
Edward Thorp - mathematician and one of the first developer of blackjack card counting system, author of "Beat the dealer", use probability theory average return over 20% for over 28.5 years.
Paul Tudor Jones - Futures trader, primarily use technical analysis, made $100 million on 1987 black friday by using Elliott wave.
Victor Niederhoffer - Uses value arbitrage and intermarket relationship.
Any success story from ty Yap student?
IntimaBoy
post Jan 10 2021, 07:15 PM

41 posts

We all know Technical Analysis is pure speculation and bs.
Anyone says pattern X always has this percentage bla bla bla is retarded.

I'm surprised some PhD ppl also wanna create books about this.
I really facepalm.

Angelic Layer
post Jan 10 2021, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Jan 10 2021, 07:10 PM)
Any success story from ty Yap student?
Who the fuck is TY Yap?

People who answer this topic have no idea of stock market or technical analysis at all.
They don't understand market cycle, tax filing period sell offs, support and resistance, and think technical analysis is drawing lines and indicators only.
Syie9^_^
post Jan 10 2021, 07:46 PM

Catwoman
933 posts

QUOTE(lambsauce @ Jan 10 2021, 01:59 PM)
user posted image
cuteeee wub.gif You need to update price liao blush.gif
Angelic Layer
post Jan 10 2021, 07:47 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Fundamentals only tell you what to buy, but it never tell you when to buy, at what price to buy and when to sell.
Technical does all that.
IntimaBoy
post Jan 11 2021, 01:03 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jan 10 2021, 07:39 PM)
Who the fuck is TY Yap?
People who answer this topic have no idea of stock market or technical analysis at all.
They don't understand market cycle, tax filing period sell offs, support and resistance, and think technical analysis is drawing lines and indicators only.
Support and resistance is a myth and is pure bs.
Its all about predicting interest and fear of the mass public.

Tell me if tmr some sudden bad news come out for your fav stock, then where is your so called support or resistance initial prediction? Its pure speculation.

Some more a lot of people do it on day trading. This one lagi facepalm because some corporations or people even built or use their own tools to detect recent volume and news and auto trade for them within few mins.

How exactly does drawing a line tells you the price wont fall sharply or skyrocket in the next few mins or an hour in this case?

There's a lot of variables happening behind the scenes and drawing a line or identifying patterns doesnt help you to cover even half of them, which makes this method risky in the first place.

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jan 10 2021, 07:47 PM)
Fundamentals only tell you what to buy, but it never tell you when to buy, at what price to buy and when to sell.
Technical does all that.
Sorry to tell you but, technical just gives you a guideline to know what the market is willing to pay the stock for within a certain period of time. It does not tell you that the price will crash tmr morning from a bad news. Because of this, you are prone to losing a lot of money if you depend on this method alone.

Fundamental is more like a fyi summary of the company standing and performance. With that being said, both methods (technical and fundamental) cannot directly predict that a company stock will rise especially in the short run.

Your technical gurus must be multi millionaires if they say that using bla bla pattern will give you 70% chance of winning each time. They tell you to trade more since its a numbers game in their own opinion. Just so you know, that number came up from a bunch of trades which you never know came from who and for what purpose. You never know the pattern might occur another 10 to 15 times the next hour or day and make the winning percentage drop to 40%, and there could be some bots monitoring and making trades behind the scenes as well. All of these things are variables which you have no control and will never know.

So all these assumptions of drawing a line and calling it a support and resistance is a joke tbh.

hickups
post Jan 11 2021, 01:17 AM

Casual
470 posts

lol

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Angelic Layer
post Jan 11 2021, 01:59 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(IntimaBoy @ Jan 11 2021, 01:03 AM)
Support and resistance is a myth and is pure bs.
Its all about predicting interest and fear of the mass public.

Tell me if tmr some sudden bad news come out for your fav stock, then where is your so called support or resistance initial prediction? Its pure speculation.

Some more a lot of people do it on day trading. This one lagi facepalm because some corporations or people even built or use their own tools to detect recent volume and news and auto trade for them within few mins.

How exactly does drawing a line tells you the price wont fall sharply or skyrocket in the next few mins or an hour in this case?

There's a lot of variables happening behind the scenes and drawing a line or identifying patterns doesnt help you to cover even half of them, which makes this method risky in the first place.
Sorry to tell you but, technical just gives you a guideline to know what the market is willing to pay the stock for within a certain period of time. It does not tell you that the price will crash tmr morning from a bad news. Because of this, you are prone to losing a lot of money if you depend on this method alone.

Fundamental is more like a fyi summary of the company standing and performance. With that being said, both methods (technical and fundamental) cannot directly predict that a company stock will rise especially in the short run.

Your technical gurus must be multi millionaires if they say that using bla bla pattern will give you 70% chance of winning each time. They tell you to trade more since its a numbers game in their own opinion. Just so you know, that number came up from a bunch of trades which you never know came from who and for what purpose. You never know the pattern might occur another 10 to 15 times the next hour or day and make the winning percentage drop to 40%, and there could be some bots monitoring and making trades behind the scenes as well. All of these things are variables which you have no control and will never know.

So all these assumptions of drawing a line and calling it a support and resistance is a joke tbh.
Support and resistance exist in longer time frame, there is a definite large volume trading within a certain time frame and price, your hours and minutes doesn't work since only days or even weeks support/resistance are valid.

There are technical gurus who are multimillionaire, see Richard Dennis and his breakout trend following "turtle traders", reading commercial activity via COT - Larry Williams.
Victor Niederhoffer uses arbitrage difference, Ed Thorp using statistical probability.
There are very specific theory, not your scammer drawing lines and indicators.
If you want to know about support and resistance read about Market Depth/Market profile charts.

Your argument just show how clueless you are to the topic, and naive to think that Buffett get rich by doing fundamental analysis.
I don't really know anyone who get rich by fundamental analysis alone, Buffett claim he is, but you study his investment, that only consist a small percentage of his winning, many of his play are M&A, vulture takeover plays.
I can name more than a dozen of multi millionaire who trade by technical analysis, but didn't know of a lot of people doing fundamental alone, probably John Templeton and Peter Lynch came into mind.
djtong
post Jan 11 2021, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

I've been trading for some time and I think most people know the truth, just don't choose to believe it:

90% investors will lose their money. The win rate is pretty low, as is the annualized returns. These stats include all those institutions and professionals with access to software and AI.
Angelic Layer
post Jan 11 2021, 02:08 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(djtong @ Jan 11 2021, 02:00 AM)
I've been trading for some time and I think most people know the truth, just don't choose to believe it:

90% investors will lose their money. The win rate is pretty low, as is the annualized returns. These stats include all those institutions and professionals with access to software and AI.
You cannot win money by not cashing in, I bet every losers are "winner" at a point in time, they just don't know how to quit when they are ahead of the game.
IntimaBoy
post Jan 11 2021, 03:42 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jan 11 2021, 01:59 AM)
Support and resistance exist in longer time frame, there is a definite large volume trading within a certain time frame and price, your hours and minutes doesn't work since only days or even weeks support/resistance are valid.

There are technical gurus who are multimillionaire, see Richard Dennis and his breakout trend following "turtle traders", reading commercial activity via COT - Larry Williams.
Victor Niederhoffer uses arbitrage difference, Ed Thorp using statistical probability.
There are very specific theory, not your scammer drawing lines and indicators.
If you want to know about support and resistance read about Market Depth/Market profile charts.

Your argument just show how clueless you are to the topic, and naive to think that Buffett get rich by doing fundamental analysis.
I don't really know anyone who get rich by fundamental analysis alone, Buffett claim he is, but you study his investment, that only consist a small percentage of his winning, many of his play are M&A, vulture takeover plays.
I can name more than a dozen of multi millionaire who trade by technical analysis, but didn't know of a lot of people doing fundamental alone, probably John Templeton and Peter Lynch came into mind.
My point still stands, with Technical Analysis you cannot predict an upset within the market. You can assume that the stock may go between the support and resistance lines, but in reality those do not exist at all. They can be broken any time when somebody buys or sell like per usual basis.

Richard Dennis and Larry Williams would've made a lot more from investing in the right time instead of drawing random lines on a chart which can be pretty much unpredictable. Look at how much Warren made when he started trading and even his legendary mentor, Benjamin Graham during the great depression. If you wanna compare so much, how come your sifus cant earn as much as they did during 5-10years even in the beginning, plus they are not world reknown at all lol.

On another note, I didnt say fundamental analysis will help you predict the future either. Learn to understand what people are writing.

This post has been edited by IntimaBoy: Jan 11 2021, 03:43 AM
Angelic Layer
post Jan 11 2021, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(IntimaBoy @ Jan 11 2021, 03:42 AM)
My point still stands, with Technical Analysis you cannot predict an upset within the market. You can assume that the stock may go between the support and resistance lines, but in reality those do not exist at all. They can be broken any time when somebody buys or sell like per usual basis.

Richard Dennis and Larry Williams would've made a lot more from investing in the right time instead of drawing random lines on a chart which can be pretty much unpredictable. Look at how much Warren made when he started trading and even his legendary mentor, Benjamin Graham during the great depression. If you wanna compare so much, how come your sifus cant earn as much as they did during 5-10years even in the beginning, plus they are not world reknown at all lol.

On another note, I didnt say fundamental analysis will help you predict the future either. Learn to understand what people are writing.
Richard Dennis trading with a range breaking system, ie resistance breakout. You obviously never care to learn about that.
All price have a range where people think it is fair and it is expensive, that can change with certain condition and elements, but the concept is actually valid, even for asset like properties, all investors have access to past traded prices so their decision is influenced by that.

No, I read old and new editions of Intelligent Investor as as well as Warren's newsletter and books, what Warren does is M&A, sector rotation, asset sell off, he was not always passive investor.

A lot of rich people are not famous, just last year a man from Shanghai ran fugitive when he refused to pay tax for his horse betting winnings of 1.8 billion yen (RM70 Million) he won with betting system.
Have you heard of Bill Benter? He is a billionaire just by betting horse in Hong Kong.

You never heard of Paul Tudor Jones either, you are just a frog under the well.

You keep claiming it doesn't exist, it is not real, but didn't provide any solid evidence. You didn't even address market depth activity and market profile system where there is large trading volume for a particular price.
If you are the learnt type, I suggest you go and read Frank J. Fabozzi financial series, he will provide a lot of empirical and statistical analysis to prove such system.
If you have no time, just read this simple paper.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2328994?seq=1

But I doubt you will follow, so I don't even want to waste time in your pointless argument, my money earned and kept is mine, let the foolish stay foolish.
djtong
post Jan 11 2021, 08:01 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Seems like alot of expert here...

So when to buy back btc?
IntimaBoy
post Jan 12 2021, 03:48 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jan 11 2021, 10:17 AM)
Richard Dennis trading with a range breaking system, ie resistance breakout. You obviously never care to learn about that.
All price have a range where people think it is fair and it is expensive, that can change with certain condition and elements, but the concept is actually valid, even for asset like properties, all investors have access to past traded prices so their decision is influenced by that.

No, I read old and new editions of Intelligent Investor as as well as Warren's newsletter and books, what Warren does is M&A, sector rotation, asset sell off, he was not always passive investor.

A lot of rich people are not famous, just last year a man from Shanghai ran fugitive when he refused to pay tax for his horse betting winnings of 1.8 billion yen (RM70 Million) he won with betting system.
Have you heard of Bill Benter? He is a billionaire just by betting horse in Hong Kong.

You never heard of Paul Tudor Jones either, you are just a frog under the well.

You keep claiming it doesn't exist, it is not real, but didn't provide any solid evidence. You didn't even address market depth activity and market profile system where there is large trading volume for a particular price.
If you are the learnt type, I suggest you go and read Frank J. Fabozzi financial series, he will provide a lot of empirical and statistical analysis to prove such system.
If you have no time, just read this simple paper.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2328994?seq=1

But I doubt you will follow, so I don't even want to waste time in your pointless argument, my money earned and kept is mine, let the foolish stay foolish.
You're avoiding the fact the Warren buffet still trades better than your Technical sifus. Also, stop being ignorant about the fact that you can't predict the future through TA.

If their system works like you proclaim them to be, then why aren't they richer than Warren buffet still? And dont give me BS that if many ppl trades the same like them then nobody will earn. That statement already goes against your market profile analysis bs.

Next day some serious bad news come out and you TA ppl have to redraw your lines and calculate again lmao.

Just because you earned some money trading, it doesn't make you a genius or a prophet. Don't let things get into your head.

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0355sec    0.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th May 2022 - 05:58 PM