Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Serious Why some old people still single?, serious question

views

kesvani
post Oct 30 2021, 06:42 PM

On my way
673 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Oct 30 2021, 01:12 PM)
Getting married and having children is not the only purpose in life. IMO, it's better to not marry than to marry the wrong person. Imagine if a couple eventually splits up after having multiple children (very common nowadays). Also, it has emotional and psychological impact on the child's upbringing. Studies shown that children of divorce tend to cause many social ills and also tend to divorce.

I'm still young and never entered into a serious relationship before because it's difficult to find a girl that meets most of my criteria. Even if I found some, they are already in a relationship. Before you judge me, I'm not exactly chasing a super stunning model like girl. Just above average looking, brought up well, well read, and preferably from a T20 family. Reason for T20 background is because my family is also T20 and I would want a prenup before marriage. A girl from a similar financial background will know that it's practical, would also want to protect her assets, and is more likely to agree to a prenup.
KEK. This is marriage of love. This marriage of agreement. If i were women i would avoid. As a men also cannot support your thinking
Yggdrasil
post Oct 30 2021, 08:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,208 posts

QUOTE(kesvani @ Oct 30 2021, 06:42 PM)
KEK. This is marriage of  love. This marriage of agreement. If i were women i would avoid. As a men also cannot support your thinking
Love is a feeling. Eventually it will fade. Nowadays people marry for lust/stability anyway.

In the book "The Science of Happily Ever After: What Really Matters in the Quest for Enduring Love", the love feeling diminishes within 7 years of marriage. Divorce/separation rate is 60% and possibly 7% do not divorce/separate but remain in their unhappy marriages.

If you don't have a contingency plan, things can get ugly.

Edit: Also to add. If you say that it should be a marriage of love, a prenup should not deter a woman from marrying you unless she's there for your money.

This post has been edited by Yggdrasil: Oct 30 2021, 09:05 PM
-mystery-
post Oct 30 2021, 10:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,341 posts

when your income increases, naturally your social circle will have more quality people. There's really no need for a guy to rush for settling down.

find a hot girl is easier, but find a girl who's not bad looking and being empathetic/helping you reach your goal(s) is very hard, welcome to modern era that amplified hypergamy.

If you really wanted to settle down, you don't need to be the best looking/wealthiest person on the planet. Just ensure the following:-

-look/fitness
-money/status
-game/influence

to be at around 70% OVERALL(3 AREAS), competitively advantageous.
you don't need to be almost 100% in just ''one'' area, in fact if you only best at something, most people will find you weirdo.

12 Pages « < 10 11 12Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0110sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:52 PM