Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V39, READ 1ST PAGE FOR RELEVANT WIFI INFO

views

powerwoot
post Jan 2 2021, 06:59 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

oh man, my wire snapped.... bloody monkeys ๐ŸคฌAttached Image
powerwoot
post Jan 3 2021, 12:33 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

Thank goodness, TM guys came in the morning and reconnected back my fibre to the house. They said the disruption due to monkeys is pretty common as these animal used cables as their highway to move from pole to pole or house.
I said to them ask TM to look for cable that have stronger reinforce metal wire lah.
Since this is a standard installation from pole direct to the BTU, they said no additional charges no matter how many times snapped.

This post has been edited by powerwoot: Jan 3 2021, 12:33 PM
powerwoot
post Jan 3 2021, 12:56 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(taqu @ Jan 3 2021, 12:44 PM)
Feel sorry for you, as it may happen again. I guess it's not possible to relocate the fibre cable & bury it underground.
I believe is still can happen again, if the DP just few meters from my house, burying the cable underground will be a best solution. The problem is that the DP is about 90m from my house and there are 4 poles in used. Between these poles, my neighbors planted mango trees and this attracted monkeys that looking for food.
powerwoot
post Jan 9 2021, 09:36 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

I am having aneka pack together with my rm129 subscription. Asked them many times with CS if the aneka rm30 need to pay on top of my rm129. They said all included in rm129 as I am getting Extra Exclusive Promo. I guess the broadband price is only at rm99.
powerwoot
post Jan 12 2021, 11:23 AM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(supergen3 @ Jan 11 2021, 11:03 PM)
Hi. I have a question about the time required for TM to bring on-line a new FDP installation. My Taman just got it's FDPs installed yesterday on 10 Jan. TM contractors started work on 23 Nov 2020 pulling fiber cable. I went to maxis and Digi stores to apply for fiber broadband today. They cannot find my Taman in the availablity port list. Anyone can share how long to wait for TM HSBB to release the new ports?
won't be too long, best to go to TM Point first to register your interest. But I doubt you can opt for what telcos you want besides Unifi itself, the current priority is given to streamyx users and unifi new application, unless digi or maxis have some agreement with TM to reserve ports to them.
powerwoot
post Jan 13 2021, 10:01 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

my unifi is working fine here, Melaka.
powerwoot
post Jan 24 2021, 02:21 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(ArrowHater @ Jan 24 2021, 12:41 PM)
Hi everyone
I want to ask. My place already have Unifi Infra since September last year with all FDC FDP have been installed. Latest info i got from the TM Staff, they said the process now stuck with the verification in the system. How long should I wait for it? Because before this they promise to roll-out the service by this month but still not yet.

Is there anything I can make to pressure them?
won't take too long, my TM guy mentioned it as address boundary. It will bec within a week or two.
In what sense that you can put pressure to them?, unless you're super vvip.
powerwoot
post Feb 1 2021, 08:16 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(siang930615 @ Feb 1 2021, 06:52 PM)
user posted image
anyone can check this box unifi fibre? its been half year i keep asking tm but always told me your place not in coverage...
it's time to report to skmm. The similar as yours, TM reserved the FDP to the school nearby my house. My argument was, what is the main purpose to reserve a FDP with 8 ports to a small kampung primary school, and that school never subs any fiber installation from them for almost a year. Few weeks later TM agree to pull the fiber to my home.
powerwoot
post Feb 1 2021, 09:39 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(siang930615 @ Feb 1 2021, 08:51 PM)
how long skmm response to your case๏ผŸ and any template for argue with them...since my house nearby don have any school idk why they lay fibre and put it never active...
There are few conversations between me and TM staff, skmm is something like a middle man. 2 diff TM officers attended my case, the first closed my case with a simple respond, no coverage at my address at the moment. I reopen it again, and argued again. The next weeks, TM staff called me and wanted to see the site of disputed. He brought along with his someone at higher ranked that can straight away give decision to let my application approve or not. Thankfully, he said ok, and next few days the installer came to pull the cable to my house and fixed the modem and router.
Roughly it took about 3 weeks when I complained to skmm until the final solution day, just few days before new year 2021.
Doesn't matter there is school or not, any FDP that the port still vacant to subs into, fight to get it.

powerwoot
post Feb 2 2021, 09:22 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(ckimsem @ Feb 2 2021, 08:22 PM)
I would turn off only when thereโ€™s a fierce thunderstorm. Afraid of striking down the TV more than the router since TV is more expensive  tongue.gif .
The connection is still quite stable without turning off.
However, when using the router from TM, the connection could get unstable after some time. Restarting both the ONU and router solved the issue.
me too, I will turn it off during thunderstorm. I don't want to take any risk frying any of the devices. I can still live without internet for 30 mins since mine is not an ISP that have obligation to turn it on most of the time ๐Ÿคญ
powerwoot
post Feb 3 2021, 04:59 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(aniq8676 @ Feb 3 2021, 04:44 PM)
Mereka tiada device untuk ditinggalkan untuk premis. Actually TM boleh pantau internet di rumah , mereka boleh tahu status internet kita tengah Up atau Down. Mereka boleh periksa Reading Fibre di premis dari jauh adakah reading fibre tinggi atau rendah, malah boleh tahu purata penggunaan internet setiap bulan.

user posted image
thanks for the sharing, will they have the same info if we buy any 3rd party router as well?
powerwoot
post Feb 4 2021, 08:03 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(AjkR06 @ Feb 4 2021, 06:22 PM)
After continuously complaining to MCMC for about 5 years, finally TM brings fibre to my rural taman.

Took 300mbps package for RM199/month and managed to installed it yesterday.

Expensive but no other choice available other than Unifi here  sweat.gif

Got the really cheap looking 'FibreHome' router and ZTE BTU.

Nevermind, I got my own Asus AC-86U to replace the 'FibreHome' one  biggrin.gif 

The difference from Streamyx 8mbps ADSL is like day and night

Streamyx has been automatically terminated today and my phone line also transferred from PSTN to VoIP.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
congratulations, as far as I remember you have been with streamyx for so many years and struggling demand for fibre which was the same situation as mine. I got my HSBB early this year after years of demand and complaining.
powerwoot
post Dec 31 2021, 11:58 AM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

For almost a week now, my connection speed test jump to 300mbps from 100mbps. Tested using Ookla and Fast, either by wifi and cable connection.
powerwoot
post Dec 31 2021, 03:00 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Dec 31 2021, 01:09 PM)
not upgrade. TRIAL.
Just realized it few days ago, may I know the purpose of the trial? if I am getting 300mbps but the same monthly fee as 100mbps, I don't mind another contract to be extended.
powerwoot
post Jan 3 2022, 08:01 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(akib_mullen @ Jan 3 2022, 07:53 PM)
You can just click the submit interest button. Later got some kind of form and got drop down menu, list of speed and the price. seems like the price not interesting lol
I wonder how much is the 'not interesting price' will be, I am just worried about submit of interest will trap me into new commitment.
powerwoot
post Jan 7 2022, 07:38 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(apecx92 @ Jan 6 2022, 08:37 PM)
Its a good thing or not? Check on website it mention "special price" how much ya?

Sked to press the submit button.
If your current sub is 100mbps and you're interested to go for 300mbps, the special price is only rm179, cheaper abit from the rm199.
powerwoot
post Jan 18 2022, 06:59 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

My 300mbps trial supposed to end on 14th. The trial speed is still here, wonder if they extend it to few days more. I am still have another few months until my contract ended. Tried my luck to get swu, the CS responded that SWU campaign already ended. The cheapest promotion that they can offer me is RM179.
powerwoot
post Jan 28 2022, 07:04 PM

่ฎจๅŽŒ็š„ ubuntu
2,898 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jan 28 2022, 05:44 PM)
anybody recently got a speed upgrade?

my speed is now 150Mbps and my ip address is public
A glitch perhaps? you are on 100mbps subscription aren't you? I am still at around 100mbps speed from several tests done minutes ago.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    1.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2022 - 08:45 PM