Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V39, READ 1ST PAGE FOR RELEVANT WIFI INFO

views

lukemanz
post Jan 13 2021, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(supergen3 @ Jan 11 2021, 11:03 PM)
Hi. I have a question about the time required for TM to bring on-line a new FDP installation. My Taman just got it's FDPs installed yesterday on 10 Jan. TM contractors started work on 23 Nov 2020 pulling fiber cable. I went to maxis and Digi stores to apply for fiber broadband today. They cannot find my Taman in the availablity port list. Anyone can share how long to wait for TM HSBB to release the new ports?
You need to go to TMPoint and apply for unifi.
Make sure you jot own the unifi installation address, order number and schedule installation date farther/later as possible.
Next day call 100/chat and cancel the installation, said change of mind.
Then give those unifi installation address to maxis or Digi if you wanna apply with them whistling.gif
lukemanz
post Jan 15 2021, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(supergen3 @ Jan 13 2021, 12:10 PM)
Good idea. Now is cmco in my state. Can drag out the scheduled installation date and then cancel. My Taman is an old residential area over 40 years old and has less than 60 houses. Majority of the residents are retirees. So I am not worried about not enough ports to be allocated. I took a closer look at the new FDP in black enclosure, it's from fiberhome brand and has 16 ports output. I counted 5 FDP on the poles in my Taman. Anyone knows how much ports is available from one FDP for use?
Good that you already have the FDP
Take the picture of the FDP with clearly seen the wording on it and give it to the tmpoint staff when applying.
If they take very long time to respond, can use aduan skmm to expedite.
Usually they open 8 ports first, when full subscribe then only they open remainder 8 ports
lukemanz
post Jan 17 2021, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(supergen3 @ Jan 15 2021, 12:30 PM)
Went TM Point authorised dealer in my district yesterday, showed the staff the pictures of the FDP with the ID number and house address. After checking with their system database, the staff told me the port in my Taman is not in the database yet. She then asked me to register first and then TM will contact me when they are ready to install.
You need to go to TMpoint and not the Tmpoint authorised dealer
List available here: https://unifi.com.my/support/tmpoint (select tmpoint only from the drop down)
Tmpoint is tm staff and can open the internal system.
Tmpoint authorised dealer is sales agent and can only open sale portal only
Good luck thumbsup.gif
lukemanz
post Jan 31 2021, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(lookie @ Jan 31 2021, 06:09 PM)
How to check if my area is under coverage?

Googled, check unifi website etc. Don't even have a simple link to check for coverage. Google links to some random unifi resellers site, which request for my details before allowing me to check. No way I'm going to give my details to some dodgy looking site.

Cmon tmnet, 2021 already still behaving like some useless chekai company.
they purposely doing that coz rumors maxis using the coverage checker to steal their customer
so the victim is new customer doh.gif

This post has been edited by lukemanz: Jan 31 2021, 07:10 PM
lukemanz
post Feb 3 2021, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(siang930615 @ Feb 1 2021, 06:52 PM)
user posted image
anyone can check this box unifi fibre? its been half year i keep asking tm but always told me your place not in coverage...
Its time for you to make complaint to SKMM.
Does not need to wait MCO over, just log the complain tru https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/
Make sure to attach this picture in the complaint too.
If can, take second picture of this box and your premise in 1 picture so that can prove the box is really near to your premise
Good luck thumbsup.gif
lukemanz
post Feb 3 2021, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 3 2021, 04:59 PM)
thanks for the sharing, will they have the same info if we buy any 3rd party router as well?
yes
lukemanz
post Jun 10 2021, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
223 posts

For those in Selangor, hold your horses lads:
Selangor Dan TM Umum Skim Internet Selangor M40 – 8 Pakej Internet Dengan Subsidi Antara RM10 Hingga RM30 Sebulan

Any insider info what type of packages will those be? brows.gif

This post has been edited by lukemanz: Jun 10 2021, 09:15 AM
lukemanz
post Jun 12 2021, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
223 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Jun 11 2021, 07:00 PM)
Anyone has any info on when TM plans to roll out 1 GBPS and above plans for residential?
Network readiness = Yes
Bandwidth readiness = No (tm need to pay upload traffic from Malaysia to outer country, certainly business point of view, they not gonna pay higher than current consumption, unless they put higher price or put quota. Asymmetric package also due to this)
Modem/ONT readiness = Yes
Router readiness = No (current max 1G, need to upgrade to 10G, extra cost to change for current customer and hard to explain to customer wifi not gonna get 1G, unless they change customer need to buy the router themselves)
lukemanz
post Jul 2 2021, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
223 posts

https://sism40.com.my/

doh.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0238sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 04:03 PM