Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
28 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V39, READ 1ST PAGE FOR RELEVANT WIFI INFO

views

aniq8676
post Jan 11 2021, 11:59 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(supergen3 @ Jan 11 2021, 11:03 PM)
Hi. I have a question about the time required for TM to bring on-line a new FDP installation. My Taman just got it's FDPs installed yesterday on 10 Jan. TM contractors started work on 23 Nov 2020 pulling fiber cable. I went to maxis and Digi stores to apply for fiber broadband today. They cannot find my Taman in the availablity port list. Anyone can share how long to wait for TM HSBB to release the new ports?
For other ISPs have to wait a few months because the FDP in your residential area will be given first to existing Streamyx users, because those ports are automatically reserved for Streamyx users (although the FDP is still not activated) because it is part of JENDELA . While for new users who want to subscribe need to wait a little longer (if the port is still there), because they are in the process of transferring streamyx users to fiber.
aniq8676
post Jan 19 2021, 02:02 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(Marjorna @ Jan 19 2021, 01:58 PM)
Hi All, im new here. I just subscribed unifi fiber, but now when i try to log in to my router thru 192.168 , im unable to log in due to wrong password. I have try admin,admin1234 and also the password behind the router but to no avail. Is it the installer change the password? Do i need to contact them. Or i just can hard reset the router?
Please advise.
DLINK Covr-1100 ?
aniq8676
post Jan 19 2021, 02:09 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(Marjorna @ Jan 19 2021, 02:07 PM)
No,Dlink 842. Currently subscribe 300mbps
admin@xxxx

The last 4 digit MAC Address
aniq8676
post Jan 19 2021, 08:43 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(xjoshualaw29 @ Jan 19 2021, 08:24 PM)
Looks like TM now providing Archer C6 routers now but from the outside of the box looks like stock TP-LINK router now. Got this photo from my friend who just subscribed to Unifi 30Mbps after MCMC report for him since he waited for 2 months to get Unifi eventhough port is not too far from his apartment.
user posted image

user posted image
depending on the stock available in each area,

NETIS DL4480V (Unifi firmware)
AZtech DS244WSGV (Unifi firmware)
TP-LINK Archer C1200 (Unifi firmware)
D-LINK DIR-842 (Unifi firmware)

but there are some new users will get this type of router due to the lack of unifi router

D-LINK DIR-842 (D-Link firmware)
D-LINK Covr-1100 (D-Link firmware)
TP-LINK Archer C6 (TP-Link firmware)
aniq8676
post Jan 26 2021, 12:54 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(sijun @ Jan 26 2021, 12:02 PM)
Not too sure what its called but look like this.
On 2.4GhZ. really depends on the mood. Sometines it appear fine but the next day its dropping again
Router placed on 2nd floor, and mostly drop on 1st floor although is directly below only. terrace double storey
Fiberhome SR120-A
aniq8676
post Jan 27 2021, 03:45 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Jan 27 2021, 03:33 PM)
If I already asked tm agent to request for port (dono got apply onot) and they asked me to pick some tnc in WhatsApp msg.

If suddenly I went to apply other, den if they got the port but I've got fibre d den how? Anyone knows?
what the agent means is, the agent will request the extra port available on the FDP. as long as it does change any ISP. Because other ISPs are not allowed to request the Extra port. Only unifi is allowed to use extra port. If TM has found that their Extra port is used on another telko, then TM will immediately terminate the extra port. because it has violated the terms and conditions.
aniq8676
post Jan 27 2021, 03:47 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(aniq8676 @ Jan 27 2021, 03:45 PM)
what the agent means is, the agent will request the extra port available on the FDP. as long as it does change any ISP. Because other ISPs are not allowed to request the Extra port. Only unifi is allowed to use extra port. If TM has found that their Extra port is used on another telko, then TM will immediately terminate the extra port. because it has violated the terms and conditions.
* doesn't change any ISP
aniq8676
post Jan 27 2021, 05:55 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Jan 27 2021, 03:52 PM)
If I managed to get from Digi/maxis for reserved port then unifi come and get me extra port. Lol that time still can reject unifi? Cause I gave them my ic and bill for request on port.

I don't want end like got two fibre
yes you can reject unifi, automatically the extra port is also canceled, because the extra port is only reserved for unifi only.

While for other telko other have to wait for the port vacancy.

as you know, one TM FDP has 10 ports (8 normal ports and 2 extra ports). if 8 ports have been used there are only 2 extra ports left And the extra port is only given for Unifi only. for other users who want to use Maxis / Digi / Celcom will have to wait for the vacancy between the 8 ports
aniq8676
post Jan 28 2021, 09:35 AM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 28 2021, 08:54 AM)
user posted image
Received this sms from TM, RM20 per month for hypptv seems reasonable? 100mbps RM129+RM20 hypptv+6%=RM157.94?

Hope it comes with the ultimate pack tho....
user posted image

because your current internet plan is 100mbps + including free packs (Aneka / Varnam / Ruby)

you can choose to add-on RM20 for UPB, then you can watch tv channel according to the tv pack plan you choose.
For example my internet plan is 100Mbps + including free Aneka Pek. So I can watch my tv plan at UPB by using the current UnifiPlayTV id without upgrading the plan to the ultimate pack
aniq8676
post Jan 28 2021, 09:49 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(RiriRuruRara @ Jan 28 2021, 08:36 PM)
guys is it normal, i am living in Penang but when i run speedtest or log into my gmail account i see they say i am using a computer from Ipoh,Perak??
normal
aniq8676
post Jan 29 2021, 08:04 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(edward88 @ Jan 29 2021, 03:31 PM)
hi all, now unifi installation for 30mbps provide which type router ? dlink or tplink a?

thanks in advance
depending on the stock available in each area,

NETIS DL4480V (Unifi firmware)
AZtech DS244WSGV (Unifi firmware)
TP-LINK Archer C1200 (Unifi firmware)
D-LINK DIR-842 (Unifi firmware)

but there are some new users will get this type of router due to the lack of unifi router

D-LINK DIR-842 (D-Link firmware)
D-LINK Covr-1100 (D-Link firmware)
TP-LINK Archer C6 (TP-Link firmware)
aniq8676
post Jan 31 2021, 05:27 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ Jan 31 2021, 05:20 PM)
Hello guys, anybody noticing that YouTube profile pictures for some comments and account are refusing to load on mobile ? iPhone and Android having issues at my home. iPad and Pc no issues.

Could it be a cloudflare or ipv6 issue ?
for me no problem, I use Google DNS with ipv6

Before this I used Cloudfare DNS, unfortunately I could not access the umobile website and application.
aniq8676
post Jan 31 2021, 07:42 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(lookie @ Jan 31 2021, 06:09 PM)
How to check if my area is under coverage?

Googled, check unifi website etc. Don't even have a simple link to check for coverage. Google links to some random unifi resellers site, which request for my details before allowing me to check. No way I'm going to give my details to some dodgy looking site.

Cmon tmnet, 2021 already still behaving like some useless chekai company.
If you have FB, you can join this group. Because in the group other than Unifi Agent, there are also certified Unifi Technician members including technicians from Headquarters. You just have to ask them without giving any of your personal data information. For me, this group is very helpful to us directly because it is from experts and not from customer service.

TM Unifi Members https://www.facebook.com/groups/tmunifimembers/ thumbup.gif

hopefully this can help you with regards to unifi coverage in your residential area

disclaimer: this is not an official group from TM
aniq8676
post Feb 3 2021, 04:44 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(bood @ Feb 3 2021, 04:17 PM)
Good afternoon,

product: unifi 800mbps
router: RT-AC1200 (been using fine since upgraded to 800mbps), changed to RT-AC68U now after TM technician advice.
Problem faced: disconnection everyday about 2-3 times in aday, disrupting online classes, exams.

When started: Oct 2020

steps taken: Report TM is my only choice besides restarting modem and router (sometimes help, dont know, could be coincidence) i have 8 case numbers for this same issue.

What TM has done: send their guys, always when they come, internet is up already, they will check connection, line ok they will say, zz mestila, ada internet kan, then senyap macam tak nak bagi explanation, next course of action.

Tiang kotak Unifi kat jalan: terbuka, fiber terabur, tiap tiap fiber macam ada connector, pernah splice. last suruh mereka bukak check, beratus semut keluar dari kotak.

next step taken: every email dah cc aduanskmm ... macam tak ada beza.
nak tanya: TM takder device untuk tinggalkan kat premis untuk check uptime connection kepada kabinet TM, exchange TM? apa lagi aku boleh buat? asyik report report dapat orang sama datang jawapan sama dapat. zzzz

if tukar maxis, they guna balik fiber yang sama jugak kan ? pergi DP yang sama kan ? so im stuck??
Mereka tiada device untuk ditinggalkan untuk premis. Actually TM boleh pantau internet di rumah , mereka boleh tahu status internet kita tengah Up atau Down. Mereka boleh periksa Reading Fibre di premis dari jauh adakah reading fibre tinggi atau rendah, malah boleh tahu purata penggunaan internet setiap bulan.

user posted image
aniq8676
post Feb 3 2021, 05:24 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Feb 3 2021, 04:59 PM)
thanks for the sharing, will they have the same info if we buy any 3rd party router as well?
yes, right now im using my own router TP-link archer C6

at the bottom, they can also know how many times the router restarts the session
aniq8676
post Feb 3 2021, 09:15 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

TM is now experiencing nationwide disruption issues
aniq8676
post Feb 4 2021, 06:37 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(AjkR06 @ Feb 4 2021, 06:22 PM)
After continuously complaining to MCMC for about 5 years, finally TM brings fibre to my rural taman.

Took 300mbps package for RM199/month and managed to installed it yesterday.

Expensive but no other choice available other than Unifi here  sweat.gif

Got the really cheap looking 'FibreHome' router and ZTE BTU.

Nevermind, I got my own Asus AC-86U to replace the 'FibreHome' one  biggrin.gif 

The difference from Streamyx 8mbps ADSL is like day and night

Streamyx has been automatically terminated today and my phone line also transferred from PSTN to VoIP.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
because it is part of the JENDELA project
aniq8676
post Feb 6 2021, 11:36 AM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(JayceOoi @ Feb 6 2021, 09:31 AM)
Hi guys, anyone is using Chromecast with Google TV here? Is playtv@unifi working?
user posted image

I think it can, because the Mi-Stick based on Android TV also can use UnifiTV app by using a unifiplaytv id. As long as there is any tv pack in your subscription

https://youtu.be/C0-sfh2L3Ko
aniq8676
post Feb 6 2021, 10:49 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(sadlyfalways @ Feb 6 2021, 09:07 PM)
Is anyone here able to access www.macrumors.com on IPv4?
user posted image

Ping is ok, but can't access
aniq8676
post Feb 6 2021, 11:30 PM

Enthusiast
801 posts

QUOTE(amil123 @ Feb 6 2021, 10:59 PM)
any unifi representative here?

how to apply a new infrastructure/port for a private property/land that does not have fiber coverage?

and how much does it cost?
and
how long the installation of new infra/port to finish?

tired of using slow mobile internet , my private land/property does not have coverage for fiber or any nearest fiber pole point , so planning on applying new fiber infra into my private land/property
i mean i would like to pay the construction cost instead of que in waiting list .
If I'm not mistaken, you can make a request with Telekom to pull and install optical fiber in your property, they will install a special DP box which is reserved for your home only, the DP box cannot be used by other neighbors even the DP has an additional port. Make sure you have a lot of money because the price charged is more than one thousand ringgit and above.

Additional information: Why other neighbors are not allowed to use that DP box because you have paid a large sum of money to Telekom to pull and install optical fiber up to your house. If other neighbors want to use the additional port available on the special DP, TM will ask permission from the owner of the DP box to use the DP to another house. If the owner does not allow additional ports to be used on other homes, then it cannot.

28 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0378sec    0.75    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th May 2022 - 11:51 AM