Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V39, READ 1ST PAGE FOR RELEVANT WIFI INFO

views

Jjuggler
post Jan 17 2021, 09:31 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(www.com.my @ Jan 17 2021, 09:04 PM)
Currently I'm on unifi 300mbps and I'm thinking to change the tm router to Asus.

Any1 can advise on this 2 models?
RT-AX3000 & TUF-AX3000
Maximum utilization = RT-AX3000 - due to asus-merlin supported
Unique features = TUF-AX3000 - if you want to stick with stock firmware - it does support multi-vpn (policy-based routing similar with asus-merlin firmware).

I personally haven't tested the RT version, though the TUF version seems a good option.
Jjuggler
post Jan 19 2021, 03:01 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jan 19 2021, 06:37 AM)
Anyone know a good brand or reliable CAT 5e cable for 100mbps above ?
Just curious CAT 5e is enough for 300mbps ?
Pakai CAT 6. Brands like UGREEN, Dintek, D-Link, Prolink is good. I personally using CAT 7 from UGREEN for my wired devices.

This post has been edited by Jjuggler: Jan 19 2021, 03:02 PM
Jjuggler
post Feb 3 2021, 09:42 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(taqu @ Jan 19 2021, 08:47 PM)
I use white CAT 6 flat cables from 20 cm to 5m, bought from SubTel Shopee. Easy to bend and look nice too.

user posted image
Nice router there... EdgeRouter X. What internet package you are using btw?

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Feb 2 2021, 05:54 AM)
What are the price for different on brands ? can give a few link on prolink cheap blue cable ?

Do i need CAT 7 ? 300mbps for unifi ?
Amount all brand , which is is better?
I saw ugreen is way cheapereven 50% cheaper than prolink , like rm20 vs rm40.

I need longer cable over 10meter , does CAT 6 able to support with longer distance ?
Actually a decent branded CAT5E is sufficient enough. The CAT7 is just for futureproofing. My asustor NAS using CAT5E, yet able to hit 60MB/s when downloading torrent.
Jjuggler
post Oct 12 2021, 11:09 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(chongaik82 @ Oct 12 2021, 11:06 PM)
I am 100Mbps subscriber. If is top management direction. Then it is very funny careline not aware and keep helping me to refresh the ports. Well, ticket opened. Hope got good news for me. Now i cannot use VPN, Remote access and etc  vmad.gif
refer here.

EDIT: Downgraded from 800Mbps to 100Mbps a few months back. Will move to top package soon, once contract over.

This post has been edited by Jjuggler: Oct 12 2021, 11:11 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  CGNAT_faq_community.pdf ( 346.96k ) Number of downloads: 249
Jjuggler
post Oct 13 2021, 12:03 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(chongaik82 @ Oct 12 2021, 11:21 PM)
I am using Asus router (replacing) the router provided by TM. I had enabled IPV6 on my Asus router but OpenVPN and Remote Connection Access (to my Asus router) all not working. Although Asus router show DDNS is up  sad.gif

Any advice to solve the problem?
Refer to the provided method by brother soonwai.

QUOTE(tng55 @ Oct 12 2021, 11:34 PM)
i using unifi 100mbps older since 2019 today i checked router i still have public ip

i did read pdf they will change migrated to Private IP  bangwall.gif

how possible i want stay public ip for IPV4 really need it

do i need upgrade package to get stay Public IP ????
I believe you can try to request them. However, I doubt the request for public IP for package lower than 100Mbps will be entertained. Not sure about this. You may try-and-error by requesting them.
Jjuggler
post Oct 13 2021, 12:53 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Oct 13 2021, 12:34 AM)
For TM IPv6,I think still need a lot of improvement made by TM before call it as fully usable ,or else there still got a lot of crap routing issue or getting lower speed from a lot of server.
For anyone who want to access LAN device without public ip can try a service called - Zerotier or Tailscale
And install it on every device that you want to access from outside.
And for device that unable to install zerotier or tailscale ,u can try setup a port redirect/forward on your PC or buy a raspberry-pi and setup port redirect/forward.
Or buy a Mikrotik router that is able to install zerotier on it and port forward to those internal device. (Normal users please dont consider this method, quite hard to learn.. haha, but it really the best router brand I own ever.)
I will give Zerotier a try soon once I purchase my second Mikrotik (previously owned one, before sold to brother soonwai) router. Finally had enough with consumer-grade equipment. Need a robust, yet highly customizable router like from Mikrotik to toy around.
Jjuggler
post Oct 13 2021, 01:20 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Oct 13 2021, 12:56 AM)
You can try to install it on your PC and smartphone 1st.
Quite easy to use but a downside is for smartphone normally u need to manual connect while u need to access the network.
But for PC or others home device after setup it will be fully online,and no more manual setting needed to access.

For mikrotik try get a RB5009UG+S+IN or CCR2004-16G-2S+  brows.gif
Currently i having RB5009 for unifi, with Fasttrack 840Mbps only cost about 8% of CPU usage.
Without Fasttrack,in my memory seems like 20-30%? i forgot already.
But i know IPsec 600mbps without fasttrack cost 80% cpu usage. (Still good enough for the router)
I think with Wireguard will be more lower CPU usage? (still haven't figure out how to use wireguard as client in RouterOS)

And thanks to soonwai for bringing me to the Mikrotik world rclxm9.gif
Thanks for the pro tip there mate.

My current network setup requires some major overhaul change in terms of routing gear. Currently using ASUS's flagship router. I will consider the model suggested by you. Keen to fully engage in Mikrotik world as I curious about customizing the gear to fit my needs. Thou the learning process is hard, once passionate to explore, anything possible. haha. biggrin.gif
Jjuggler
post Oct 13 2021, 03:20 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Oct 13 2021, 02:18 AM)
bro, get the new RB5009UG+S+IN ? Subtel got stock even though not listed in their Lazada or Shopee shops yet. Pricey around RM900 but powerful.
I will consider the suggested model bro. Thanks for the suggestion bro. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(tng55 @ Oct 13 2021, 03:09 AM)
i still have Public IP no problem

my package is 100Mbps

if i get Private IP i try ask TM let to see

my router show wan ip is 175.13x.xx.xx

if my router show 100.xxx.xxx mean private ip right

i will try ask TM let to see result but not now ask because running public ip so no need ask
Perhaps, the illustration below helps you better in understanding the situation.

user posted image

Image Source
Jjuggler
post Oct 13 2021, 01:47 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(tng55 @ Oct 13 2021, 12:36 PM)
yes i understand i checked confirm my router wan ip is 175.13x.xx.xx that 100% Public IP no problem
i confirmed my router show wan ip 175.13x.xx.xx 100% Public IP so no problem
Just monitor from time to time ya. I was assigned with CGNAT IP yesterday, while two hours before was clearly assigned with public IP (verified wheh I carried network maintenance at home).
Jjuggler
post Oct 20 2021, 02:14 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(tng55 @ Oct 13 2021, 01:57 PM)
you plan is 100mbps ?? i will keep monitor time to time no problem

now you private ip ?
Yes, and yes.
Jjuggler
post Oct 20 2021, 03:32 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Oct 20 2021, 03:03 AM)
bro, have you tried to ask TM for a public IP? Say, using CCTV as a reason.
Not yet bro. Haven't try my luck yet. Probably will ask asap.
Jjuggler
post Oct 20 2021, 05:17 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Oct 20 2021, 03:43 AM)
Try and see. It was been reported that TM has said that CCTV IP-Based and known hosting users will be excluded from CGNAT. Not sure what they mean by this. And I couldn't find any official statement from TM re this.
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...s-to-private-ip
https://www.malaysiainternet.my/2021/10/tel...ifi-private-ip/

Perhaps known hosting is what is listed in FAQ No. 6 here: https://unifi.com.my/lsds/assets/pdf/fibre/...nifi%20Home.pdf
Alright bro. Will try my luck. Will update this asap. Thanks for the shared sauces. biggrin.gif
Jjuggler
post Nov 3 2021, 05:08 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Nov 3 2021, 04:36 PM)
if, and if, i want to replace DIR-830M with another reliable gigabit ethernet gateway, but don't want a wireless one (e.g. no wifi function at all, not even disabled), what could be a good recommendation?
Mikrotik / Ubiquiti's EdgeRouter. Reason: hard to get a consumer-grade dedicated wired router. I personally using Mikrotik.
Jjuggler
post Nov 3 2021, 06:17 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Nov 3 2021, 06:08 PM)
.... thinking back... i actually don't need to replace DIR-830M gateway since I only use it through wire - as long as the gateway continues to supply the gigabit speed, I shouldn't need to replace.

wireless already offloaded to M9 Plus that I have also wired.
I would rather buy my own third-party router (cheapest), rather than using an ISP supplied router(s), especially from the brands like xx-link. For AP, indeed the deco series is good. I personally still having a unit of Deco M5, which I bought last time.
Jjuggler
post Nov 12 2021, 10:05 AM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Nov 12 2021, 09:46 AM)
You know what it is better if compare to Merlin fw? Currently quite satisfied with it but if can improve it will be better. Only issue now is 4 lan ports is not enough laugh.gif
RouterOS is far more advance than Asuswrt-Merlin. Those two is in different league. Don't even deserved to be compared. Asuswrt-Merlin is just a makeup with minimal feature add-ons over the fully/half baked ASUSWRT. One good thing about Asuswrt-merlin, is bug fixes, ability to run scripts such as diversion (router-level ad-blocking), skynet (firewall - I liked the region-based IP banning), Internet Monitor, et cetera.>>Refer Here for supported scripts<<. Disadvantage(s) of Asuswrt-Merlin is, if no new GPL issued, the progress will be halt temporarily.

P/S:
I was a user of ASUS, myself since from 2014, and recently migrated to Mikrotik after getting 'bored' with GT-AX11000 w/ Asuswrt-Merlin. So comparing (if I get the bolded part of yours, correctly), is like comparing a P1 cars with Tesla/Benz/BMW.
Jjuggler
post Nov 12 2021, 12:41 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(xxboxx @ Nov 12 2021, 11:30 AM)
I do use Skynet and also Ovpn. RouterOS have something similar?
I also use it's download manager. Other than that, can't think of other things for my usage.
Pardon for the delayed reponse. Refer to go626201 reply.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I agree with the bolded part. RouterOS is kinda advance, and fun to toy with. But, you need to know what you're doing. Most wireless routers these days, is more into marketing gimmick than doing the job it designed to do. I left consumer-grade router for this. and most importantly, the data-collecting feature, by which I am keen not to use any features in a router that required data collection, and kills the purpose of we buying the router to utilize all the provided features.
Jjuggler
post Nov 18 2021, 12:36 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Nov 18 2021, 10:17 AM)
wonder if anyone kena cgnat, then request and get back public IP

there was some news that TM would allow public IP for those using cctv
Tried my luck yesterday. Usually I will go with three steps before upgrading the service subscription. First is through reaching to their official Facebook handle. Next through unifi portal, and final is calling 100. This was done as a precaution so that I am on the same page as the company when providing information to consumer like us, i.e. being sync.

user posted image

P/S: Bro soonwai, you've requested an update from my end regarding this.

Jjuggler
post Nov 18 2021, 01:00 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(daniel2006 @ Nov 18 2021, 12:46 PM)
assistance needed

if 100mbps wrote there up to 5devices, im using it more than 5devices, what will happen?
1- using LAN
others - using WIFI

i've been using it more than 5devices, no problem all these while..

lately, my internet connection keep disconnect, im not sure why. Even using LAN also disconnect.
It is the best case scenarios for such package speed subscription. If you have more than 5 devices, nothing will happen. You will just experience slow internet experience, depends on number of device you're currently using, let it be for wired or wireless. I am using 100Mbps and using 10 devices, with more devices will be added to the list soon. As mentioned by previous forumer, you won't get 'best' experience if using stock router provided by unifi as in my word, rubbish. Save some money and buy Archer AX20 if you under tight budget or if you care for long-term usage, go for ASUS RT-AX56U.
Jjuggler
post Nov 18 2021, 02:29 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

QUOTE(daniel2006 @ Nov 18 2021, 01:25 PM)
yes, using their tplink for years without issue previously. the issue started last 2days, keep DC.
user posted image
As mentioned by brother failed.hashcheck, the downtime can refer to many use-cases, ranging from dns to ISP side problem. But, generally speaking, most of the time, the stock ISP router is the cause. I mean, this theory not applicable for every similar scenarios, but, there is possibilities of the router or the hardware itself in this case ONU/BTU, or the way the fibre cabling installation done can be the culprit. I experienced this before. Or, you can take preventive measure by dialing to 100 to report, and let them conduct troubleshooting. Alternatively, what you can do is, check your router log. You can use this to further assist your complaint to the person in-charge over the call.

QUOTE(haturaya @ Nov 18 2021, 01:33 PM)
I use 100bmps before with at least 25 devices 24 x 7 online. No significant slow down. None. I use Mikrotik router and Deco x20 (AP mode) for wireless access.  sweat.gif
Similar homelab setup as mine, Mikrotik, but mine with mid-tier Deco M5 since currently using 100Mbps.

This post has been edited by Jjuggler: Nov 18 2021, 02:31 PM
Jjuggler
post Jan 28 2022, 04:06 PM

Narcissistic Genius
1,155 posts

Upgraded my fibre broadband plan from 100Mbps (CG-NATed) to 800Mbps. I was told that, a new plan is on the way. Probably 2Gbps plan.

user posted image

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0225sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM