Astro Broadband, Is it good?

views

tng55
post Mar 9 2022, 01:04 AM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 7 2022, 06:29 AM)
Nope.
Whoever subscribe to Astro & Broadband now, technically it will be under Maxis Fibre network (VLAN 821).

But since Astro partnered with TM, that means Astro will become an ISP soon (just like Digi Fibre or Celcom Fibre) and no longer rely on Maxis as middlemen. So once that happens, Astro will have their own VLAN ID soon.
so astro will have their own VLAN ID mean ASTRO IPTV Will multicast Like time fiber was ASTRO IPTV Multicast and maxis fiber also astro multicast not internet iptv
tng55
post Mar 9 2022, 12:09 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Mar 9 2022, 09:30 AM)
Astro has stopped offering IPTV Multicast to customers since late last year. For those who already been using IPTV Multicast (either through TIME Fibre or Maxis Fibre) will continue to be able to use as usual, but Astro will encourage you to upgrade to Ulti/Ultra Box under Plug and Play (also known as Unicast, that doesn't uses dedicated VLAN ID).

For Plug and Play one, just connect the box to the internet (WiFi or LAN also can), then you can stream the channels already, similar to Unifi Plus Box. LAN cable are not compulsory unlike Astro IPTV (that uses Multicast VLAN).
not worth upgrade ultra box i hate due internet streaming will a lot compress and sometime will blur
i using PVR Box not ultra that why too bad astro stop multicast iptv very bad
i will stay PVR box with hdd and can do rewind and forward too anything and very bad ultra box

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.11    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 AM