Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Social Media Postings, How do you tackle it?

views

TSRedshelf411
post Dec 16 2020, 02:10 PM, updated 4y ago

Enthusiast
800 posts

Brief background: my company is a B2B O&G supplier of industrial items. 6-7mths back he formed my department with a graphic designer, an IT (left after 4mths, can't stand boss micromanaging), and content writer cum social media exec (me).

My boss was saying how if our company pages are not getting likes, shares, views, then he will need to see if our department "deserves to stay on" or not. But here's the issue: there are in total 9-10 company Facebook pages, and 1 IG account for the main website. So far we are only focusing on Facebook. We are not handling IG, Twitter, Pinterest or anything.

Also, before I joined this company, I have a bit more than 1 year's worth of digital marketing experience in content writing and social media handling. Back in my previous company, when it comes to social media posting, we followed a formula: 3 educational / informational posts and 1 promo post. Postings average 3x a week. Now my boss said it don't work because it's not generating views, likes, shares, etc. He wants to see explosive figures.

Any experienced social media marketers willing to drop some tips? Or how to handle social media postings? I'd appreciate any form of advise and tips here.
Baconateer
post Dec 16 2020, 02:27 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

Got budget?

If yes, spend it on FB ads and boost some posts.
TSRedshelf411
post Dec 16 2020, 02:32 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(Baconateer @ Dec 16 2020, 02:27 PM)
Got budget?

If yes, spend it on FB ads and boost some posts.
Tak mau bagi bajet. In the last 1/2yr here, he's only given rm400-500 in paid ads budget. He don't want to give more.
Baconateer
post Dec 16 2020, 02:36 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ Dec 16 2020, 02:32 PM)
Tak mau bagi bajet. In the last 1/2yr here, he's only given rm400-500 in paid ads budget. He don't want to give more.
I see.. why not cross post to IG as well? Why focus on Fb only?
TSRedshelf411
post Dec 16 2020, 02:41 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(Baconateer @ Dec 16 2020, 02:36 PM)
I see.. why not cross post to IG as well? Why focus on Fb only?
Boss believes that facebook more effective. So he didn't want us to focus out on other social media channels. We did suggest. But seems like boss didn't want to listen. So like that lo.
Baconateer
post Dec 16 2020, 02:44 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ Dec 16 2020, 02:41 PM)
Boss believes that facebook more effective. So he didn't want us to focus out on other social media channels. We did suggest. But seems like boss didn't want to listen. So like that lo.
tell him if he want explosive figures.. prepare to spend more money on FB.

at least few thousand more.
motberg
post Dec 18 2020, 11:35 AM

16 posts

Facebook's organic reach is on a steady decline - they want businesses to pay to be seen. A post reaches less than 6-8% of your total fans these days. It may be even lower after the US elections as Mark is pushing for Zero reach for Business Pages. The problem is, when Business Pages first started out, organic reach was fantastic and it was quite easy to build engagement. Fast forward couple of years, FB has changed many rules in their AI, but the problem is many are still stuck in the old mindset, hence your boss still expects results without paying for ads/promoted posts. (Don't waste money on Boost Post, but that's another story)

One other thing you are facing is your industry -how exciting can O&G be? Readers don't tend to share nor care about industrial news. The subject matter is also important. Food, holidays, pretty girls and guys, gossip, accident photos, politics, gadgets, sales, etc these get all the eyeballs and shares. That's the sad reality.
Teddysaur
post Dec 30 2020, 12:36 AM

Socially cawkward 🦄
435 posts

QUOTE(motberg @ Dec 18 2020, 11:35 AM)
Facebook's organic reach is on a steady decline - they want businesses to pay to be seen. A post reaches less than 6-8% of your total fans these days. It may be even lower after the US elections as Mark is pushing for Zero reach for Business Pages. The problem is, when Business Pages first started out, organic reach was fantastic and it was quite easy to build engagement. Fast forward couple of years, FB has changed many rules in their AI, but the problem is many are still stuck in the old mindset, hence your boss still expects results without paying for ads/promoted posts. (Don't waste money on Boost Post, but that's another story)

One other thing you are facing is your industry -how exciting can O&G be? Readers don't tend to share nor care about industrial news. The subject matter is also important. Food, holidays, pretty girls and guys, gossip, accident photos, politics, gadgets, sales, etc these get all the eyeballs and shares. That's the sad reality.
Hi,

any reason why you are not suggesting Boost Post?
and if so what would be the other alternative for it?
how can an organisation aggressively promote their socmed or even themselves online?
if not creating exposure to themselves through Boost Post?
maybe you have more ideas on it? thanks.

and to add in on the subject matters, I kind of agree with that.
unless it is a sensationalised subject, nobody is going to care about it.
TSRedshelf411
post Jan 4 2021, 02:58 PM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(motberg @ Dec 18 2020, 11:35 AM)

Hi, may I PM you about this further? I've goT a couple of questions. Thanks.

BlackWoods
post Jan 6 2021, 03:52 PM

Dark Knight
2,152 posts

If you have only RM400-RM500, I'd recommend you spend it in 1 post.

Give your best effort to produce a single piece of mastercrafted content.
Preferably video format, if not, multiple photos with a comprehensive write-up.

The content needs to be valuable, educative, meaningful, and even entertaining.

Zero upsell, Zero promoting products etc., no super obvious logo watermark.

Once done, share it to Facebook Groups that have more than 5,000 members, preferably very active.

Cater your message to fit natively into each group, it cannot be spammy and forceful, pick your group wisely that can benefit from your content.

Reach out to influencers or your Dream 100 and beg them to post or share the content, 95% will reject, that's ok, you need to reach out to a lot of people so in the end there's 1-2 that will post, and that will be explosive.

You will have to put a lot of time and effort into growing a Page organically.
If the content is s**t, even you put hundred of thousands $ in, it's going to be wasted.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:37 AM