Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Laptop Hub/Stand, Docking Stations Official Thread, All about extending mobile functionality

views

TSvoncrane
post Dec 14 2020, 10:26 AM, updated 3y ago

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Hi everyone, I tried searching for a dedicated thread to intro such discussions but couldn't find any active ones. I did find this thread by chennegan, unfortunately the thread didn't get much response and he has been offline/inactive since 9th July 2019 - 10:09 AM. Thus I set out to create this and hope to keep the flames burning. Discussions from all brands are welcome. However, let's try to keep things on point yeah. Thanks... notworthy.gif
TSvoncrane
post Dec 14 2020, 10:52 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Let's kick things off with the recent launch of the world's first ergonomic & fold-able laptop Hub-stand by Ugreen. UGREEN, a leading manufacturer of electronic accessories and consumer technology products, releases the X-Kit hub-stand, the world’s first fold-able laptop docking station integrated with USB-C hub functions.

Attached Image

Not only is the X-Kit a high-performance 5-in-1 USB-C hub for multiple cords and devices, but it’s also an ultra-lightweight adjustable stand for laptops. The minimal X-shaped skeleton design makes it fold-able, portable, and easy to carry to cafes or remote working areas. With the X-Kit, users can simultaneously connect to USB drives, keyboards, mouse, HDMI displays, drawing pads, USB fans, printers, micro-SD and TF cards, and other devices.

Attached Image Attached Image

Revolutionary design with innovative class.
Purpose-built and designed to offer users convenience and flexibility, the X-Kit hub-stand makes it possible to connect to multiple devices and use them simultaneously. The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many professionals around the world to work at home. Using the X-Kit, you can replicate the office experience right in the comfort of your own home. The X-Kit is also the perfect companion if you work from a mobile office or in the outdoors - be it in architecture, photography, construction, and more. The ergonomic design with four adjustable heights makes it comfortable for you to work on your laptop. It allows for correct posture, minimizing neck and wrist fatigue.

Attached Image

Features and benefits of the Hub-Stand.
The X-Kit comes packed with a practical 5-in-1 hub functionality:

1. Two USB 3.0 ports with maximum transmission speeds at 5Gbps. You could transmit a 1GB file in 3 seconds.
2. An HDMI port that supports 4K high-resolution videos and 3D display.
3. Built-in SD and TF card slots that transmit data from SD cards and Micro SD cards speedily and simultaneously.

The X-Kit perfectly supports all your USB-C based devices, from the latest MacBook lineup and iPads to all the flagship Android and Windows-based tablets. For size compatibility, it fits all laptops from 11”-17” in size. The X-Kit is designed to enhance productivity across devices and user activities. Whether it’s completing work related tasks, reading on your tablet, or watching movies at home via the HDMI port, the X-Kit has you covered. It is manufactured to consume less power than an LED lamp even when running an HDMI connection, so it’ll be easy on the pocket. The X-Kit has been tested in various working temperatures and has proven to be reliable under varying circumstances.

Attached Image

Made with aircraft-grade material
At only 282.9 grams, the X-Kit is only one-fifth the weight of a 13’’ MacBook Pro. It is made of aircraft-grade aluminum material, making it 65% lighter than the industry standard steel alloy. The aluminum shell gives it a smooth, fine finish with a metallic tint, and the silicone bands on top, pit and mound the X-Kit for better air ventilation and cooling. Made of recyclable materials, the Hub-Stand is environmentally friendly, making it conducive to green, sustainable living.

Attached Image Attached Image

Pricing and Availability (Production Stage)
The UGREEN X-Kit began is currently crowd-funded on Indiegogo. The crowdfunding began on December 10 with a super-early bird discount at $49.00 (50% off MSRP). Four days in and it already has over 500 backers and exceeded their funding goal. Given their past successes, I'm confident that the products will be completed and shipped out once ready.

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached Image

Some Brief Background About UGREEN
Established in 2012, UGREEN specializes in providing digital solutions for global consumers. UGREEN has steadily grown into a brand trusted by over 40 million users in more than 100 countries around the world with products ranging from charging devices, phone & computer accessories, to home and automobile accessories.

For more information, check out the Indiegogo page above or the following
Facebook (Malaysia)
Facebook (Global)
Instagram
Twitter
YouTube

P.S. What do you folks think about this? I would love some feedback while it's still being funded and under production. Thanks.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Dec 14 2020, 10:57 AM
jrrsim
post Dec 14 2020, 11:25 AM

Armchair Expert #007
621 posts

any cheaper docks?
tishaban
post Dec 14 2020, 12:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

Interesting concept, similar to the Orico USB hub/laptop stand although I've never seen that being sold anywhere.

I personally bought a cheap plastic laptop stand which in all honesty has been very stable. My USB-C hub requirements are also a bit different, I need HDMI, USB-C PD and gigabit ethernet for my Macbook so the U-Green won't be enough.

TSvoncrane
post Dec 15 2020, 12:17 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(jrrsim @ Dec 14 2020, 11:25 AM)
any cheaper docks?
Hmmm.. Hard to find, harder to trust.. I do remember some like this desk riser of sorts.. Has a couple ports, so it is a hub stand.. Naturally not for portability purposes. You could also consider multiport expansion "dongles" such as this.

QUOTE(tishaban @ Dec 14 2020, 12:48 PM)
Interesting concept, similar to the Orico USB hub/laptop stand although I've never seen that being sold anywhere.

I personally bought a cheap plastic laptop stand which in all honesty has been very stable. My USB-C hub requirements are also a bit different, I need HDMI, USB-C PD and gigabit ethernet for my Macbook so the U-Green won't be enough.
Ah the Orico...Did a search and managed to find a few listings like this and this. But of course, these are more like devices with USB ports expansion capabilities that also act as laptop "stand". I think UGREEN's more elegant and it does have more features. Granted no Ethernet port.. i too wondered why that wasn't included when clearly they have other standalone expansion hubs with a gigabit Ethernet port. hmm.gif
TSvoncrane
post Nov 7 2021, 11:41 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Wow, it's almost a year since we discussed the Ugreen X-Kit. I'm happy to announce I've been using it for quite some time and just published my humble review about it. Do check it out if interested.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 AM