views

TSpyre
post Dec 11 2020, 04:15 PM, updated 3y ago

28 posts

usernametaken P
post Jun 2 2021, 10:20 AM

Probation
0 posts

im excited! anyone here going to play this game?
TSpyre
post Jun 14 2021, 01:37 AM

28 posts

TSpyre
post Jul 21 2021, 06:48 AM

28 posts

TSpyre
post Aug 6 2021, 06:20 PM

28 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Szzz
post Aug 8 2021, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

Been playing early access. Nice game, its actually quite different from L4D.

First few hours learning the game is really fun. Fun factor drops down the hill after you realize most perks are behind a grindwall.

They also have a pointless card system. You have to grind Act 1 over and over again to fully unlock your character perks. Really boring system. Difficulty between Veteran and Nightmare is also too much. After playing ahwhile and know what to do, Veteran is way too easy.

Nightmare though is really impossible without proper cards. So you will be stuck with boring grinds on Veteran for a long time until you can even attempt Nightmare.

Can't recommend to buy this if they make further acts paywalled as DLC. Not worth the $60 imo. Having to play Act 1 over and over is not fun. They will at least need 5 acts to cover the grind involved or add another difficulty between Veteran and Nightmare.

1qaz1qaz
post Aug 9 2021, 02:55 PM

What Are You Looking At???!
1,890 posts

i played the beta imo this game is dead before it released. Is very boring game since its literally just like L4D with better graphic and some useless mechanics.

after u finish campaign there is ntg u can do (other than pvp) which is pretty boring and u will grind for the card etc.
just like how last time L4D if you finish the campaign the game die

and most importantly for what it is, the game is very expansive
Lurker
post Aug 14 2021, 12:40 AM

L U R K I N G
Group Icon
Elite
4,285 posts

Feels like a mash of l4d2 and wwz perks

This post has been edited by Lurker: Aug 14 2021, 12:41 AM
MerryGoRound^2
post Aug 14 2021, 02:09 AM

Casual
345 posts

Played the open beta today.

Personally, the deck system and character perks put me off. A lot of people think having a deck system means having the flexibility to build characters the way you see fit, sure... but on higher difficulties/coordinated teamplay, your characters need to play according to their strengths, which means one way or the other, you're kinda shoehorned into a particular role.

Game clarity is a big issue. Unlike its predecessors, you have a hard time spotting special mobs. This wasn't the case in L4D2.

Melee combat is clunky, though I later got the hang of it. Higher difficulties are needlessly punishing. The game seems to favor mobs more so than the cleaners. Disproportionate risk-to-reward ratio. Weapons systems leaves a lot more to be desired. Don't really like the attachments and perks. Can't for the life of me fathom why they input a currency system either.

Dedicated servers also ruin things quite a bit. Unlike L4D2 where you can host games locally, whether you get a smooth game or not will depend on the servers.

I guess it's hard to top off your previous record when you've created a game so timeless like Left 4 Dead 2. That game has held true to the test of time. 10-11 years on, I still see so many people play that game. Sure, it's much more simple. The graphics are ancient given its time. But allowing the game to run in G Mod, its straightforward system means beginners and veterans alike can quickly catch on or refresh their memory. Plus, with the game being so old, you can practically run it on any budget modern-day laptop/pc and not have to worry about overheating issues.

It's a shame. People who have played the game keep telling me to give it a chance. Early reviews of this game also seemed very favorable, but that's always the case these days I feel. Early reviews generate hype, but the actual reviews that come later will give you the reality of things.

I don't see myself getting the game and would prefer sticking to L4D2. Heck, even half of the players I've bumped into don't know what L4D2 is. That's how old some of us are lol.

The game is a spiritual successor, which means it won't be like L4D2. Yet I wished they kinda stuck to the core design elements of L4D2. Simple, just give the game a different name like what they're doing now. Create new mobs, new zombies, new narrative, new weapons, new everything, but implement different systems other decks or attachments. I think they could have done better. Perhaps the dev team was so focused on separating themselves from their past achievement, they ended creating a much more... bland game.

Oh, did I mention the script in this game is horribly written too? Feels like it was written your everyday modern writer. Too overly focused on realism and dark stuffs. I loved L4D2 for it's cheesy liners and lighthearted humor. Yeah, this game is a pass for me unless it goes on sale, which still is questionable to me. No amounts of early access/exclusive wep skins is gonna make the game sell better. Sorry.
cstkl1
post Aug 14 2021, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
6,799 posts

QUOTE(Szzz @ Aug 8 2021, 11:22 PM)
Been playing early access. Nice game, its actually quite different from L4D.

First few hours learning the game is really fun. Fun factor drops down the hill after you realize most perks are behind a grindwall.

They also have a pointless card system. You have to grind Act 1 over and over again to fully unlock your character perks. Really boring system. Difficulty between Veteran and Nightmare is also too much. After playing ahwhile and know what to do, Veteran is way too easy.

Nightmare though is really impossible without proper cards. So you will be stuck with boring grinds on Veteran for a long time until you can even attempt Nightmare.

Can't recommend to buy this if they make further acts paywalled as DLC. Not worth the $60 imo. Having to play Act 1 over and over is not fun. They will at least need 5 acts to cover the grind involved or add another difficulty between Veteran and Nightmare.
this game reminds me when i played vermintide 2 beta

nVidiaFX
post Oct 19 2021, 09:44 PM

you can't handle the truth.
4,880 posts

Anyone playing this game wanna play together?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM