Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Best value guitar course online?

views

TSbrightjoey
post Dec 7 2020, 04:23 AM, updated 2w ago

Getting Started
216 posts

Recently started to learn how to play acoustic guitar. I’m having fun learning the basics ( C, D, G, A etc) strumming.
I’ve downloaded a few app guitar courses that is shown online. And tried some 1 week free trial.

Now I’m really serious in purchasing a course, but am in a dilemma on which beginner course is good for me. I want one where it can help me understand notes and have fun variety.

Here are the different course list I’ve went through:

Yousician
Justin Guitar
Simply Guitar
Guitar Tricks
Paul Davis (learnpracticeplay)

pleasuresaurus
post Jan 9 2021, 11:14 AM

spin spin sugar
2,292 posts

Just saw this, haven't been in this sub for a while. Not sure if it's still of any practical use anymore la seeing its been a month, but for now I would advise that u don't need to spend any money quite yet on learning guitar.

One of the channels u mentioned above, Justin Guitar, has been around for a long long time (my god, if hes already that old, i must be pretty old too! 😅) and has a huge playlist of free lessons to learn from. Go to his youtube, search for beginner guitar grade 1 playlist (114 vdos) and start from there. Finish that then go to grade 2. Save urself some money for now and get the free stuff until ur basic chops is strong enough and u can start playing songs confidently. After that invest a bit and get an online one to one zoom class if really want to dig deeper into specific genres or what not. Just my 2 cents.

This post has been edited by pleasuresaurus: Jan 9 2021, 11:16 AM
TSbrightjoey
post Jan 13 2021, 07:54 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

Wow, Thank you for replying!

Yes I'm practicing on and off, been busy with work and interest, I haven't bought a course yet and would certainly try the free material first. I really like Justin Guitar, he taught me how to play We wish you a merry Christmas. The real problem is motivation to keep practicing, I always have other things to do haha.
Jenglot
post Jan 13 2021, 09:03 PM

Casual
301 posts

https://www.facebook.com/azsamadmusic

great lesson from this guy.
jeremycming
post Jan 13 2021, 11:01 PM

49 posts

I am learning the guitar for 1 month and 5 days in total now.

Never have I used any learning apps or signing up on lessons to be taught. Only exception is Yousician for tuning (oof). I start learning the chords via the songs I want to learn on YouTube. After a while you are able to recognise the chord names and shapes. Good enough for someone who has never tried a musical instrument ever.

I think you will get better naturally as time passes. Of course, you must dedicate some time practicing on your guitar. It doesn't come to you overnight.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th January 2021 - 03:54 AM