Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PlayStation 5 Community Official Thread | V3, PLAY has no limits

views

as0df87 P
post Dec 7 2020, 12:05 PM

Probation
0 posts

5 more days.. hoping sony centre MV will call me for collection, eventhough I managed to PO on the 12th I'm still skeptical about getting it on time for some reason.
as0df87 P
post Dec 7 2020, 02:00 PM

Probation
0 posts

I'm excited too but at the same time controlling my hype in case I don't get the first batch.

For me it's also bcoz I only paid a fraction of the cost, the rest is coming from company bonus money which have to be spent on electronics, cannot get cash. So perfect timing.

I'm starting other game on PC just in case I don't get it the first batch, at least something to play. But to be honest I'm quite sick playing on PC this year With work from home for almost a year already, morning until night time all I'm doing is just sitting on my chair, either working or gaming. Really feel like I want to simplify my gaming life to just console.

So it's not the end of the world if I got bad news this friday, but it will still hurt a little.
as0df87 P
post Dec 7 2020, 06:29 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(SolId SnaKe @ Dec 7 2020, 06:27 PM)
sony centre pyramid jz confirmed with me they will call up the PO customers this thursday 10th Dec to allocate time slot for 11th Dec... cant wait man
Lucky you.. I hope Sony MV will do the same this thursday.
as0df87 P
post Dec 8 2020, 09:42 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(ho1286 @ Dec 8 2020, 09:34 AM)
Dear all, 3 more days to go anyone exiting until cannot sleep? Ha
Not losing any sleep yet but during the day I checked this thread and my phone and Sony's FB page frequently lol. At least today can distract myself with Cyberpunk reviews and playing some games.

But still not 100% confident I'll get it this friday, my Sony centre have been taking names even before preorder date started and my biggest fear is they will honor them first which don't make sense since official PO date is on the 12th. My other fear is that there's not enough stock eventhough I got mine pretty early in the morning. I tried messaging them but always very diplomatic replies. So not gonna bother them again, until they call me to book a time slot then only I'm comfortable.

Not too worried about Selangor public holiday since mine is in KL.

as0df87 P
post Dec 8 2020, 10:34 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(ho1286 @ Dec 8 2020, 10:29 AM)
Which Sony center you PO?
Sony MV (Foto Shangri-La), the one next to Aeon
as0df87 P
post Dec 8 2020, 12:22 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(punkrockelite @ Dec 8 2020, 12:20 PM)
user posted image

Same o' same o' answer from Sony Vivacity Kch. But still, that 'onwards' triggered me a bit lol  tongue.gif
That's why I stopped asking them, always the same answer. Better wait till thursday until they for sure secured my unit and ask me for a time slot lol.
as0df87 P
post Dec 9 2020, 03:19 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(winkytoe @ Dec 9 2020, 03:00 PM)
Didn’t mention. That time just preorder and pray. Now seems like everyone’s getting a call so I’m expecting also haha. MV Sony Store
Bro let me know if they call you, I think we order from the same place.
as0df87 P
post Dec 9 2020, 04:43 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(ho1286 @ Dec 9 2020, 04:25 PM)
Berbaris still the most effective way although it take long time to wait.

Online purchase is a new trend but you wont win against machine and you don't know if the shop release how many unit.

Another way, become good friend with the shop owner, sure they can secure unit to you.
Well I thought berbaris is the most effective way and then I l earned the shop I went to have been taking names even before PO date, so my hope of getting it anytime soon I feel is gone biggrin.gif, even though I'm still considered as 1st batch but maybe will only get it next month.
as0df87 P
post Dec 9 2020, 05:18 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(thankyou @ Dec 9 2020, 05:13 PM)
My decision to walk-in purchase @ Sony MV proved to be correct... Just got a call from Sony MV to collect PS5 on Friday.

No news from SenQ online yet.
Wow, Is it Sony Foto Shangri-La one? What time did you POed?
as0df87 P
post Dec 10 2020, 07:43 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(winkytoe @ Dec 9 2020, 06:29 PM)
Still haven’t got my call. 2nd one to pay. sad.gif

Mines digital. Did you pay with hard cash btw?
Can't comment here yesterday coz I reached my quote. But yesterday around 5PM sony MV also finally called me to collect my PS5 disc version on Friday biggrin.gif I really thought they not gonna call.

I paid at around 10.40am so maybe number 60ish or something. Regardless, can't wait to go there this Friday thumbup.gif
as0df87 P
post Dec 10 2020, 11:04 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(tsunjeck @ Dec 10 2020, 11:01 AM)
so for the ones getting their consoles tomorrow, what games are you all planning to start?
If I can get demon souls disc on my shop I'll buy that, else I'll play the PS+ collection games while hunting for demon souls physical. But don't know if I can wait or just buy digital coz this is my most anticipated game.
as0df87 P
post Dec 10 2020, 07:08 PM

Probation
0 posts

1 more night guys!!, gonna go and collect tomorrow morning. The long wait finally almost done. Of course until I hold my PS5 tomorrow I won't fully believe it. But 1 more night regardless, I hope I can sleep well tonight biggrin.gif
as0df87 P
post Dec 11 2020, 07:35 AM

Probation
0 posts

Woke up too early today, can't sleep well last night, today is the big day biggrin.gif
as0df87 P
post Dec 11 2020, 04:50 PM

Probation
0 posts

just to update, collected my console at 10am this morning, and got my demon souls disc as well, my ps5 running all good no issues so far, gonna enjoy it this weekend biggrin.gif
as0df87 P
post Dec 13 2020, 08:24 AM

Probation
0 posts

3rd day with my PS5, having a blast with it, few things:

1. I charge my controller with various charger and cables, no issue so far.
2. Not turning on rest mode for now, although I really want to.
3. Only playing demon souls so far.
4. PS+ collection dissapoints me, you'll get a game for your specific region, cannot change. For example I claimed Persona 5 but it's the chinese version and can't change the language to english, so I can't play it at all. Many people have complained about this, no fix so far. Looks like this is how it's designed.
5. I don't like the thropy interface, PS4 was a simple list but now they change it to card with giant icons.
6. Switching between games does not ask you if you for confirmation, I accidentally switched to other games from the home screen when I want to select gallery instead, can lose your progress like this.
7. Games in homescreen is limited to a number, but there's still so much space left to show them actually.
8. Now you can see your play duration for all games, they also counted those in PS4, but you can't sort the list, unlike steam, so it's quite jarring for me.
9. Youtube broadcast always stoppped for me after 1-2 hours for no reason, never happened in PS4. I'm on WiFi, and I don't want to switch to cable due to others reporting they face errors on cable, not going to take the risk.
10. Console is very quiet except when the disc drive is spinning, but only for less than a minute.

as0df87 P
post Dec 13 2020, 11:15 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(TenSou @ Dec 13 2020, 09:56 PM)
Anyone who has a Steelseries Arctis 7 manage to get it to work with the PS5? I plugged the dongle into the front USB B port and I can't even turn on the dongle and it's not detected by the PS5. The dongle is not broken as I can use it on PC and PS4 just fine.
I'm using Arctis 7, front USB port, works fine no issue, just plug it in and it automatically detects and switch to the headphone audio just like on my PS4.
as0df87 P
post Dec 14 2020, 02:07 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Deathhunter @ Dec 14 2020, 01:19 PM)
so hows the performance so far? biggrin.gif anyone faced any bricking or Dual sense auto drift issue or any other issue yet?
no issue so far, played demon souls for like 20 hours since last friday. The only thing I didn't do is rest mode, just shutdown every night, keep it on during the day.
as0df87 P
post Dec 14 2020, 04:13 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(imceobichi @ Dec 14 2020, 03:44 PM)
Anybody tried using ps5 with 1440p monitor?

Hows the resolution going?
On the first day I tried with my 1440p monitor, just like the PS4 the resolution will be 1080p. Most 1440p monitor should support 1080p but you can check your model first. It will just be a bit blurry especially when you're sitting close to it. It doesn't bother me much coz that's how I played with the PS4.

But now I put the PS5 on the TV. That day was just to try only.
as0df87 P
post Dec 14 2020, 05:31 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Shinka @ Dec 14 2020, 05:04 PM)
My cousin just offered me RM4K for the console + 1 extra controller.

What do you guys think? Is it a good price to let go?

I'm asking as I'm worried there might be a shortage of PS5 until late next year, and there are many games that I would like to play (e.g: RE Village)

Not encouraging scalping, but it was what he offered to me anyway
With how insane the demand is, I think safe to say you won't be able to buy via store walk-in until mid 2021.

Just look at how it is now, some people from first batch moved to 2nd batch, and 2nd batch already sold out, and safe to say there's a long list of names already for first batch. Even more, 2nd batch is slated for Feb-March.

If you can wait till 2021 when hopefully stocks are steady, then you can consider, although frankly speaking scalpers are asking for 4k just for the console alone without extra controllers.

I'm personally very happy with my PS5 and won't let go at any price.
as0df87 P
post Dec 15 2020, 03:01 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(tohff7 @ Dec 15 2020, 02:56 PM)
Buying at RM3299, and selling it above RM4k profiting at least RM700. Sounds like not attractive profit for too much work

Anyway, anyone here using Steelseries Arctis 7 on PS5? The 7p is out of stock everywhere and probably doesn't arrive in Malaysia yet. Wonder should I just go get a Arctis 7 instead.
I use arctis 7 and it's working fine no issue. But there's another guy here the other day saying his didn't work.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0607sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:24 PM