Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to port out from Maxis?, Trying to port out from Maxis

views

TSalexliko
post Nov 29 2020, 10:34 PM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
71 posts

Celcom family share RM68 + up to 3x RM40 per supp line (rebate RM20 for 3months)

Really attractive package to get in Celcom so decided to port out from Maxis.

21th Nov:
Port out failed - Your account nothing wrong should be clear for port out.

22th Nov:
Port out failed - Oh, your contract ends on Oct 24th. Need one month for migration. So, you can only port out on 24th Nov.

24th Nov:
Port out failed - Oh, our system been upgrading since 21 till now so the record is not updated. Should be ok to port out.

25th Nov:
Port out failed - Oh, releg bang. System still upgrading. Minum kupi kupi dulu. Should be done tomorrow.

27th Nov:
Port out failed - Oh, apparently your home fibre is bundled with the phone. So, have to return the dongle back to store to separate the Maxis Prime plan into a separate plan.

28th Nov:
Port out failed - Oh, you have a current bill to clear. Clear that should be OK.

29th Nov:
Port out failed - Oh, cause you just cleared the bill yesterday. The system not updated that quick so try to resubmit the application again.

Any excuses they haven't use yet?

What should I do? @maxis

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Jaz122
post Nov 29 2020, 11:06 PM

5 posts

I think all of them is your fault.
If bill not clear and contract not complete how you can migrate to any network.

Bw good luck for celcom network
TSalexliko
post Nov 29 2020, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(Jaz122 @ Nov 29 2020, 11:06 PM)
I think all of them is your fault.
If bill not clear and contract not complete how you can migrate to any network.

Bw good luck for celcom network
October 24th contract ended.

Bill clear on 28th November. 29th port out failed.

At least they should let me know in the first place right? I literally asked them what else I have to do to port out? They said "Nothing" cause the system is updating.
thefryingfox
post Nov 29 2020, 11:29 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

Clear your bill and port out. If they still reject...complain mcmc
TSalexliko
post Nov 29 2020, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Nov 29 2020, 11:29 PM)
Clear your bill and port out. If they still reject...complain mcmc
Bill already cleared. Will lodge on MCMC. Thanks for the suggestions bro.
isr25
post Nov 30 2020, 05:53 AM

Regular
1,189 posts

1. Is your current Maxis account a family plan? 1 primary account with multiple sublines? If so, you need to tell Celcom to port them all out simultaneously in 1 application. Not 1 number could be remained behind. e.g. if your account has 4 numbers and you are only porting out 3, it will fail. This needs to be in 1 application, as separate applications will cause it to fail too.

2. No such thing as need 1 month time after your contract before you can port out. If this really happened, you can contact MCMC at https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/ as this is against the law.

3. Your outstanding balance must be 0. If you are porting out at your billing date, wait a few days and pay your bill before attempting to port out.

This post has been edited by isr25: Nov 30 2020, 05:54 AM
Jaz122
post Nov 30 2020, 11:05 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(alexliko @ Nov 29 2020, 11:25 PM)
October 24th contract ended.

Bill clear on 28th November. 29th port out failed.

At least they should let me know in the first place right? I literally asked them what else I have to do to port out? They said "Nothing" cause the system is updating.
If bill cleared try in few days
TSalexliko
post Nov 30 2020, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(isr25 @ Nov 30 2020, 05:53 AM)
1. Is your current Maxis account a family plan? 1 primary account with multiple sublines? If so, you need to tell Celcom to port them all out simultaneously in 1 application. Not 1 number could be remained behind. e.g. if your account has 4 numbers and you are only porting out 3, it will fail. This needs to be in 1 application, as separate applications will cause it to fail too.

2. No such thing as need 1 month time after your contract before you can port out. If this really happened, you can contact MCMC at https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/  as this is against the law.

3. Your outstanding balance must be 0. If you are porting out at your billing date, wait a few days and pay your bill before attempting to port out.
1. Done that. Thanks man.

2. I know right, I was wondering how is this possible? I have never encountered this before. What is this migration period? If I still can't port out, I will escalate it to this website.

3. I have no idea there is another current bill as I thought I have cleared off everything before 24th Nov.

Thanks for the suggestions man thumbsup.gif
isr25
post Nov 30 2020, 12:05 PM

Regular
1,189 posts

QUOTE(alexliko @ Nov 30 2020, 11:11 AM)
1. Done that. Thanks man.

2. I know right, I was wondering how is this possible? I have never encountered this before. What is this migration period? If I still can't port out, I will escalate it to this website.

3. I have no idea there is another current bill as I thought I have cleared off everything before 24th Nov.

Thanks for the suggestions man  thumbsup.gif
There is a cooldown period for MNP, if you MNP from Maxis to Celcom, you need to wait for at least 1 month before MNPing to other Telco again. No such thing as need to wait 1 month after contract finishes before you can MNP out - I MNPed to Celcom on the day I cancelled my contract with Unifi Mobile.

For outstanding charges, you can call Maxis hotline to confirm you do not have any. You do not have to pay first any unbilled amount that you may have before MNP out. Good luck bro!

This post has been edited by isr25: Nov 30 2020, 12:06 PM
MilesAndMore
post Nov 30 2020, 11:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

Your issue was likely cause by the system migration at Maxis that started on 23rd Nov 2020 and was supposed to end on 25th Nov 2020. As of yesterday I was informed by Maxis customer care agent that system migration unfortunately is still ongoing and quite a number of accounts haven’t been successfully migrated. Your account probably hasn’t been migrated. Call Maxis to check if your account has been migrated. If it’s done you can call Celcom to send the port-out request again to Maxis.
TSalexliko
post Dec 1 2020, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Nov 30 2020, 11:25 PM)
Your issue was likely cause by the system migration at Maxis that started on 23rd Nov 2020 and was supposed to end on 25th Nov 2020. As of yesterday I was informed by Maxis customer care agent that system migration unfortunately is still ongoing and quite a number of accounts haven’t been successfully migrated. Your account probably hasn’t been migrated. Call Maxis to check if your account has been migrated. If it’s done you can call Celcom to send the port-out request again to Maxis.
Ya. Unfortunate time I guess.

I finally ported out. Happy with Celcom speed so far. All good now. Finally is out from this bloody expensive Maxis.
oks911
post Mar 13 2021, 12:03 PM

Casual
430 posts

RM0 PORT IN UPDATE. Sorry, we are waiting for your current telco MAXIS to respond on your request to switch to Celcom. Sincerely, Celcom

MaXIS is not efficient at all. I have waited almost 6 hours after I replied SMS with “YES” to leave maxis and yet not ported out yet ....
TSalexliko
post Mar 13 2021, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

QUOTE(oks911 @ Mar 13 2021, 12:03 PM)
RM0 PORT IN UPDATE. Sorry, we are waiting for your current telco MAXIS to respond on your request to switch to Celcom. Sincerely, Celcom
MaXIS is not efficient at all. I have waited almost 6 hours after I replied SMS with “YES” to leave maxis and yet not ported out yet ....
Indeed, Maxis really dug themselves a hole recently.
Ron_Ron123 P
post Sep 17 2021, 03:08 PM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(David123_321 @ Sep 17 2021, 03:07 PM)
i do experienced it before... they give many reason to keep their customers. and give reason. expansive telco
hahaa been there, happily port out. good luck mate

SteveSteve123 P
post Sep 17 2021, 03:10 PM

Probation
11 posts

QUOTE(Ron_Ron123 @ Sep 17 2021, 03:08 PM)
hahaa been there, happily port out. good luck mate
got greater deals out there. maxis connection is getting so bad lately. =/
i was in contract if not i also ported out le

dayojah
post May 21 2022, 11:54 PM

Regular
1,268 posts

I have been trying to port out to Celcom since the 17th.
First Maxis simply did not send the sms and then said I did not respond to them
Then they did send them, but told Celcom that I had not responded
Then they said that I had bad debt.
Actually I had RM 50 payable by 16th June with RM 800 deposit.
I do not have any contract, been there 24 years

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 PM