Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Multi Sim Service, with Data Sharing

views

youngwolf2k
post Sep 20 2021, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

Any idea when Maxis will support VoLTE for MultiSIM?
lznce2679
post Sep 22 2021, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Sep 20 2021, 11:58 AM)
Any idea when Maxis will support VoLTE for MultiSIM?
mine is oredi activated.
refer: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4184917/+1000
u gotta call CS & keyword network dept..request to activate volte.
u need luck as well.
youngwolf2k
post Sep 22 2021, 04:53 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Sep 22 2021, 02:39 PM)
mine is oredi activated.
refer: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4184917/+1000
u gotta call CS & keyword network dept..request to activate volte.
u need luck as well.
Side question bro - are you able to swap the profile on your current main phone from primary to secondary and on your backup/other phone swap from secondary to primary profile (toggling the profiles)?

From what I heard if VoLTE is activated for MultiSIM then you might not be able to swap/switch the profiles on your devices (making primary phone as secondary and secondary phone as primary).

lznce2679
post Sep 22 2021, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Sep 22 2021, 04:53 PM)
Side question bro - are you able to swap the profile on your current main phone from primary to secondary and on your backup/other phone swap from secondary to primary profile (toggling the profiles)?

From what I heard if VoLTE is activated for MultiSIM then you might not be able to swap/switch the profiles on your devices (making primary phone as secondary and secondary phone as primary).
i never explored to that extent.
i leave it as it is..main phone with main simcard..2ndary with 2ndary simcard.

what do u mean by swapping profile? swapping those simcarda?
youngwolf2k
post Sep 22 2021, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(lznce2679 @ Sep 22 2021, 05:34 PM)
i never explored to that extent.
i leave it as it is..main phone with main simcard..2ndary with 2ndary simcard.

what do u mean by swapping profile? swapping those simcarda?
Usually the main usage of multiSIM is that you can designate a phone as the phone with the primary profile (which receives incoming calls and SMS) and a 2nd phone with a secondary profile (for sharing data, it doesn't ring).

For MultiSIM you can change/swap the profiles of the phones (from primary to secondary OR secondary to primary etc) by entering some USD codes (via *100#) instead of physically swapping the SIM cards in each device. By swapping the profile you can make your previous secondary phone change to the primary phone without the need to physically swapping the SIM cards, you just enter some key pressed via USSD and voila it gets swapped.

But indeed this feature is not really used widely as primary devices remain primary, and secondary devices remains as such (for data sharing/leeching mostly). Having said that I've not tried before if my secondary phone will ring if my primary phone is turned off laugh.gif

In any case, I'm using my primary phone with the primary e-SIM MultiSIM and my secondary device is using a physical MultiSIM card, so the MultiSIM works as an e-SIM as well.

lwk523
post Sep 23 2021, 10:15 AM

Premium Q Trader
1,036 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Sep 22 2021, 07:03 PM)
Usually the main usage of multiSIM is that you can designate a phone as the phone with the primary profile (which receives incoming calls and SMS) and a 2nd phone with a secondary profile (for sharing data, it doesn't ring).

For MultiSIM you can change/swap the profiles of the phones (from primary to secondary OR secondary to primary etc) by entering some USD codes (via *100#) instead of physically swapping the SIM cards in each device. By swapping the profile you can make your previous secondary phone change to the primary phone without the need to physically swapping the SIM cards, you just enter some key pressed via USSD and voila it gets swapped.

But indeed this feature is not really used widely as primary devices remain primary, and secondary devices remains as such (for data sharing/leeching mostly). Having said that I've not tried before if my secondary phone will ring if my primary phone is turned off  laugh.gif

In any case, I'm using my primary phone with the primary e-SIM MultiSIM and my secondary device is using a physical MultiSIM card, so the MultiSIM works as an e-SIM as well.
Really ? Now E-sim is available for MultiSIM user?

youngwolf2k
post Sep 23 2021, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(lwk523 @ Sep 23 2021, 10:15 AM)
Really ? Now E-sim is available for MultiSIM user?
Not sure if they have limited it now or not - but when I got my MultiSIM some time back last year (Feb/Mar 2020) - I changed my primary SIM to an e-SIM (to use with my new iPhone XS) while the secondary SIM is a physical SIM (with my iPhone X that doesn't support e-SIM).

Having said that I tried to access the profile change selection via USSD (*100#) "6 MultiSim 1 Line" and it stated "This service is currently unavailable" shakehead.gif

mytown
post Sep 27 2021, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Sep 23 2021, 11:56 AM)
Not sure if they have limited it now or not - but when I got my MultiSIM some time back last year (Feb/Mar 2020) - I changed my primary SIM to an e-SIM (to use with my new iPhone XS) while the secondary SIM is a physical SIM (with my iPhone X that doesn't support e-SIM).

Having said that I tried to access the profile change selection via USSD (*100#) "6 MultiSim 1 Line" and it stated "This service is currently unavailableshakehead.gif
Just dial *134*1*0000# to activate as primary line.
I am also using e-SIM for my primary phone.
I slot in my MultiSIM in my new phone and was successfully switching between the phone as primary line using the USSD code above.

This post has been edited by mytown: Sep 27 2021, 10:22 PM
youngwolf2k
post Sep 28 2021, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(mytown @ Sep 27 2021, 10:14 PM)
Just dial *134*1*0000# to activate as primary line.
I am also using e-SIM for my primary phone.
I slot in my MultiSIM in my new phone and was successfully switching between the phone as primary line using the USSD code above.
Thanks boss.

I was searching and I also found the following MultiSIM USSD codes:

*134*1*0000# Set Primary SIM
*134*2*0000# Profile Query (to check which SIM is designated primary/active SIM)
*134*3*0000# SIM Profile Query (to determine which is the current handset and active handset)

brandonkl
post Oct 10 2021, 10:42 AM

-
579 posts

Deleted

This post has been edited by brandonkl: Oct 10 2021, 11:40 AM
p4n6
post Dec 3 2021, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Sep 22 2021, 04:53 PM)

Tried that (after enable volte on multisim) ... strange things happened - like call remains despite after line switch then sms not working.
Maybe that's the reason multisim users are not qualified for VoLTE.

After switch back then everything back to normal.

Maxis center staff said they no longer having multisim, those that still using multisim will not get VoLTE. Actual reason not given.

But then when you call 123, they will activate for you ... which is weird. Some people who don't know and go to swap primary > secondary will have one hell of an experience.
youngwolf2k
post Dec 6 2021, 12:19 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Dec 3 2021, 09:00 PM)
Tried that (after enable volte on multisim) ... strange things happened - like call remains despite after line switch then sms not working.
Maybe that's the reason multisim users are not qualified for VoLTE.

After switch back then everything back to normal.

Maxis center staff said they no longer having multisim, those that still using multisim will not get VoLTE. Actual reason not given.

But then when you call 123, they will activate for you ... which is weird. Some people who don't know and go to swap primary > secondary will have one hell of an experience.
If I don't intend to switch my phone profiles between primary & secondary, do you think it is ok to call 123 to activate the VoLTE?
p4n6
post Dec 6 2021, 12:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Dec 6 2021, 12:19 PM)
If I don't intend to switch my phone profiles between primary & secondary, do you think it is ok to call 123 to activate the VoLTE?
Thats what i did. Just switch back if having issue.
arslow
post Dec 8 2021, 08:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,535 posts

I checked Surf n Share, was so happy when I read it but seems like it was an old plan in 2013 then got sad

Then I found this thread saying there is a multi SIM service and became happy again

Just to read that it was discontinued mid this year and now sad again lol.

Anyway I don't see a difference between Postpaid Share 48 and a supplementary line under principal line? Looks exactly the same?
lznce2679
post Dec 16 2021, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

Maxis finally enables WiFi Calling, now available on Samsung and iPhone devices

https://bit.ly/3sbX5sD

According Maxis, VoWiFi is offered to all Maxis Postpaid and Hotlink customers EXCEPT for customers on multi SIM one line.
lznce2679
post Feb 26 2022, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

sooner or later maxis will force multisim users to terminate this feature..

i just came out frm ther ttdikl branch..they said that lately a lot issues with multisim feature.

i had "No Signal" issue on my 2ndary sim since midnite..swapping the sim to another phone but still issue persisting. maxis issuedme a new 2ndary sim.

This post has been edited by lznce2679: Feb 26 2022, 02:42 PM
x3BabyLemon
post Apr 12 2022, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

any other way to get a multisim now?
CapKapak
post May 2 2022, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

This is the exact reason I ported out of Maxis to Digi, which supports multi sim (aka gadget sim), Apple watch esim, volte and vowifi with no issues. None of this BS that one would not expect in this day in age.
p4n6
post May 7 2022, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,826 posts

QUOTE(CapKapak @ May 2 2022, 10:16 PM)
This is the exact reason I ported out of Maxis to Digi, which supports multi sim (aka gadget sim), Apple watch esim, volte and vowifi with no issues. None of this BS that one would not expect in this day in age.
They dont want to continue this plan also nothing much can be done. May be is not profitable. So for those who still holding it, it is limited edition hahaha

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0511sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 AM