Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> POCO M3, Entry Level Killer? (Xiaomi)

views

adrian72
post Jun 3 2021, 12:02 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Jun 2 2021, 07:45 PM)
hows the os like?

i'm using a realme narzo30a. After debloating it somewhat, it's manageable. but a full debloat seems like you would need to root which is something i can't do  sad.gif

so hows things over with the Poco m3 that uses the Xiaomi OS?  hmm.gif  is it easier to debloat? or is it harder?

and is the OS better than realme?
I've not used Realme OS before so I can't really compare them. For MIUI/POCO, the 3rd party bloatware can be removed by simply uninstalling them. There are other bloatware from Xiaomi such as the video app and tools that can't be uninstalled but can be hidden (can be removed through rooting).

Lastly, there are also advertisements/recommendations, some of which can be disabled and some can't. For example, the music app will display ads that cannot be disabled. Overall, I think it is fairly straight forward to debloat. As for the ads, after disabling most of them, I only see them when I install apps and when I listen to music using the included music app.
adrian72
post Jul 11 2021, 11:16 PM

Casual
321 posts

Heads up for those who have the M3 that dies whenever it is shutdown, Poco has acknowledge the problem.

https://soyacincau.com/2021/07/08/poco-m3-d...aysia-responds/

This post has been edited by adrian72: Jul 11 2021, 11:16 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.89    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th July 2021 - 10:58 PM