Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Google Certified Mecool KM1 Deluxe 2020 4K TV Box, Android 10 | S905X3 | 4GB RAM | 32GB ROM (Review)

views

AVFAN
post Mar 10 2021, 02:11 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,385 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 23 2020, 10:33 AM)
CONS
*No root and thus no AFRd support
*Single USB 3.0 port
*10/100M Ethernet
*Netflix max 540p. There might be a way to get it up to at least 1080P. But since no official support? I didn't want to mod/tweak until that level as most people wouldn't want to do all that if Netflix is a priority. Best to use the bundled app on your TV or a Netflix certified box.
*UnifiTV & playtv@unifi crashes...Typical TM..zzz... Although it could just be that particular version. Who knows an update might fix it.
*DTS-HD MA & DD+ (core Dolby Digital passed-through)
*No DTS:X or Dolby ATMOS or Dolby Vision support

*Unkilled stutters and poor emulator gaming performance.

PROS
*No Root
*OTA FW Updates
*Excellent Streaming
*Local media Playback (Somewhat)
*Official Android 10
*Google Voice Assistant, Google Cast & Google Home
*Bundled remote with dedicated buttons
*Fast eMMc storage speeds
*IPTV up to 4K
*YouTube up to 4K HDR
*Prime up to 4K UHD
*Gaming (Most ATV OS Games).
*Full Dolby Digital & DTS supported up to 7.1.
hi bro,

can see that u r still very busy testing all these boxes! biggrin.gif

for 1 year now, i try to look for a new box but there isn't one that does what i want!

.. 1080p/4k hdr/DV auto framerate switching for PLAYBACK.
.. dts/dtshdma/dtsx-dd/dd+/ddtruehd/ddatmos for PLAYBACK.
.. plays bdmv (no menu never mind)

no need netflix HD/4K as TV can do.
no need axtrogo/unifiplaytv as i have others that can do.

while some boxes list as DV/DDatmos but is only for online streaming, not playback, e.g. shieldTV

there is this beelink GSKing-X which supposedly can do DDtrueHD but only via corelec - how does that work?
https://tvboxstop.com/64gb-tv-boxes-2017-tv...91%80-must-see/
https://tvboxstop.com/tv-box-rank-chart-2020/

Ugoos, Minix... all cannot do DDtrueHD; Himedia old models can but no new model, looks silly to buy something >8 years old.
may need to go for Zidoo - but rm1.5k... a bit too high for my liking.

Anything else I should take a closer look at?

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Mar 10 2021, 02:26 PM
AVFAN
post Mar 12 2021, 05:25 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,385 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 12 2021, 05:19 PM)
Hi...Unfortunately, I didn't have Astro login back then to test if it works. The app installs and launches just fine. That's why it's under the grey area section. So here are the differences between the Mecool KM1 Deluxe and the newer Mecool KM6 Deluxe (not Classic).
[attachmentid=10809354]
Haha... Yeah, we still looking for that elusive TV Box to do it all. Although, i've been using the Beelink GS-King X and I can confidently say it ticks most of my boxes for now. Well, that's until I upgrade my AV system. CoreELEC is a wonderful OS. Unfortunately, many don't give it enough credit. So for me to be able to easily dual-boot and switch between each OS is handy. It just simply works. Partly because Beelink is an official partner and thus the devs do take their hardware into account when pushing out updates. Additionally, CoreELEC is a "Kodi fork" that was built for the big screen from the ground up. Unlike most regular Android boxes that are running a heavily modified Android OS that was originally built for mobile devices only. I can see Google being concerned enough if it was ATV OS, but regular Android for such boxes? Nah... So up to each manufacturer and or custom ROM chefs to put in the work.

On another note, perhaps wait for the upcoming Mecool KM2 instead? Mecool announced it should be available in about a month. They promising Dolby Audio and advertising it. So at minimum they paid the rights to it. So perhaps it'll pass that DD TrueHD you seek? and even ATMOS?  icon_idea.gif ..Looks like Mecool finally broke through all Netflix's barriers.. Looking at you Beelink.. laugh.gif

MECOOL KM2 is an Andriod TV 10 powered media player with the new Google reference design remote control. Except for the old features of MECOOL Android TV box which including Google official Android TV 10 OS, built-in Chromecast, Google Assistant supported, 4k HDR, Prime Video, Youtube 4K, etc. MECOOL KM2 has built-in the Netflix for TVs version with on Android operating system. It supports Netflix 4K streaming! 

This new product MECOOL KM2 will be able to delivered on 15th, April, 2021. Pre-oder will be available laterly this month.

[attachmentid=10809358]
OK, thanks.

look forward to your review of KM2!
AVFAN
post Mar 20 2021, 12:50 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,385 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Mar 10 2021, 02:11 PM)
Ugoos, Minix... all cannot do DDtrueHD; Himedia old models can but no new model, looks silly to buy something >8 years old.
may need to go for Zidoo - but rm1.5k... a bit too high for my liking.
out of impatience and budget, i bought a himedia Q30 - a slightly lower version of the Q10pro.

for rm300, serves my purpose very well alto 4 years old.

playback HD audio incl ddtrueHD; auto framerate switching; plays BDMV/m2ts; unifi playtv fine.

retired an old box! biggrin.gif

will still check newer boxes coming out... but i guess the same direction continues - focus on online streaming, netflix 4k... not much use for me...
AVFAN
post Mar 22 2021, 09:33 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,385 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 21 2021, 10:01 AM)
Although I'm not a fan of the "weak specs" like 2GB DDR3 RAM & 8GB eMMC storage.. But hey, where audio passthrough is concerned? Simply can't go wrong with a HiMedia device. Haha, Congrats on finally retiring your HiMedia Q10Pro  rclxms.gif ..Itchy fingers win... biggrin.gif
no, Q10pro is still v good, in use - i have 2 home theaters.

retired the older Q16.
AVFAN
post Mar 22 2021, 05:35 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
23,385 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 22 2021, 04:59 PM)
Ah, I see...  thumbup.gif
after almost a decade of "boxes", it is clear to me diff users look for diff things.

i look for boxes for playback picture quality and audio quality... audio does not mean anything to some users.

some users look for netflix HD/4k - i have no use for that becos i already have 2 tvs that can do that.

for now, i have everything i want/use.

when i finally upgrade my home theaters to DV/atmos/DTSX, i will have to look for another box! laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0316sec    0.86    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th August 2022 - 08:50 PM