Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Google Certified Mecool KM1 Deluxe 2020 4K TV Box, Android 10 | S905X3 | 4GB RAM | 32GB ROM (Review)

views

Scissorshand
post Aug 6 2021, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 5 2021, 11:22 PM)
Hey..unfortunately, I don't have the box with me anymore... I do remember the Astro Go app launched fine but i couldn't test further because i don't have an Astro sub. So could work fine.. UnifiTV app kept crashing during my tests.. Probably got an update since then to fix it.. Again, i can't speak for now.. Perhaps Scissorshand can shed more light on these 2 issues?  sweat.gif
UnifiTV app download from Play Store works well on this box unsure about Astro Go as i don't have rclxs0.gif

Just maybe broJusmafia would know hmm.gif
TSvoncrane
post Aug 6 2021, 03:22 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Aug 6 2021, 10:38 AM)
UnifiTV app download from Play Store works well on this box unsure about Astro Go as i don't have rclxs0.gif

Just maybe broJusmafia would know hmm.gif
Haha.. Cut my Astro cord over a decade ago... biggrin.gif .. Thanks for confirming the UnifiTV works..
Scissorshand
post Oct 23 2021, 08:50 AM

Regular
1,438 posts

Bro Voncrane

Recently got a new Sony X90j, hooked up the box using Ugreen hdmi 2.1 8K directly to the TV, connected TV via coaxial to my old avr. I noticed ie on netflix, say korean drama My Name, the box indicated 4K HDR while the same time when using Netflix directly fro the TV, it shows Dolby Vision.

Hence did you encounter the same when you tested on your 4k TV?

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Oct 30 2021, 11:25 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSvoncrane
post Oct 27 2021, 12:25 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Oct 23 2021, 08:50 AM)
Bro Voncrane

Recently got a new Sony X90j, hooked up the box using Ugreen hdmi 2.1 8K directly to the TV, connected TV via coaxial to my old avr. I noticed ie on netflix, say korean drama My Name, the box indicated 4K HDR while the same time when using Netflix directly fro the TV, it shows Dolby Vision.

Hence did you encounter the same when you tested on your 4k TV?
Ah... Firstly, conglats on the new TV set.. thumbup.gif .. And yeah, such is normal. The box itself (unlike say the Nvidia Shield) can't process Netflix DV/DA and thus maxes out at 4K HDR10. Your beasty X90J on the other hand does support Dolby VisionĀ® and Dolby AtmosĀ® and the Netflix app can tap into those. Since you already have a decent TV and the TV app almost always (99.99%) outperforms an external TV box especially where Netflix is concerned. Best to use the TV app instead for Netflix, YouTube and other native TV apps for viewing their content. The app will work best on the TV, colors will be more accurate too as all the processing is done natively on and by the TV, versus receiving video signals off the box and trying to upscale/refine the visuals to match the TV's display.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0218sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th August 2022 - 03:37 AM