Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is Marriage worth it for men? +statistics, Share your thoughts!

views

jianjie
post Mar 31 2021, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(Fanvil1534 @ Nov 21 2020, 04:24 AM)

"It has been argued by many that marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security. Much like a woman of the night exchanges sexual favours in return for cash, the wife exchanges the same in exchange for the ring, the home and family."

Trevor Noah once said
"Remove sex from a relationship and you will discover that over 90% of ladies have nothing to offer in relationships.
Remove money from a relationship and you will discover that over 90% of ladies won't see a reason to be in that relationship."

Don't forget, in terms of sexual market value:
The older men get, the more attractive they become (looks, financial, social status)
The older women get, the less attractive they become (looks)

So is marriage really worth it?
To put it in another perspective:
Are you willing to risk your future kids' custody, 50% to 100% of your wealth and more just for some pussy action that will deteriorate as time goes by?
my thoughts:

It has been argued by many that marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security. - not true anymore. Women is now more financially-empowered than they ever are in history.

90% of ladies have nothing to offer in relationships - there's still companion, tender loving care, life partner, soul mate, adventure buddy, best friend & listener.. many more.

90% of ladies won't see a reason to be in that relationship - possibly, for the now young & looking to live a porch life over self-values. Don't think the percentage is as many as 90% though.

To the question whether marriage is worth it - simple answer is YES only if you want marriage to work. Just like a job, studying for a paper, raising a child, caring for your parents.. many happenings in life cannot be measured by economical value and cannot be quantified.
cfa28
post Apr 1 2021, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,742 posts

Those who say that my marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security is probably the biggest lie in history

Don't marry for sex.

Marry cos you love the person and want to grow old together

This post has been edited by cfa28: Apr 1 2021, 09:49 AM
ah_suknat
post Apr 15 2021, 04:59 AM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

My wife works in different states now that we only get to see each other during school holidays.means sex is only during that period.

I didnt provide my wife, as I Have no stable jobs while my wife actually feeds me, transfering money to my account and constantly ask if i have enough money to use. I have larger portion of her life insurance than her parents. (Me 60%, her parents 40%)

No kids yet after 3 years of marriage.

We dated 6 years before got married. I was poor even before getting married.

We still stay loyal to each other.

Any scientific/educated/researched explanation for this then? My wife is dumb? But she has master degree in math and also the recipient of dean's list and best student award, and work as teacher.

This post has been edited by ah_suknat: Apr 15 2021, 05:11 AM
spunkberry
post Apr 15 2021, 05:52 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

Trevor Noah once said
"Remove sex from a relationship and you will discover that over 90% of ladies have nothing to offer in relationships.
Remove money from a relationship and you will discover that over 90% of ladies won't see a reason to be in that relationship."
The fact that this sexist generalization is being quoted to stir discussion in this thread makes it pointless to engage. If you come to the table with misogynistic bullshit, what's the point?
TSFanvil1534
post Apr 19 2021, 11:48 AM

Enthusiast
807 posts

QUOTE(jianjie @ Mar 31 2021, 10:56 PM)
my thoughts:

It has been argued by many that marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security.  - not true anymore. Women is now more financially-empowered than they ever are in history.

90% of ladies have nothing to offer in relationships - there's still companion, tender loving care, life partner, soul mate, adventure buddy, best friend & listener.. many more.

90% of ladies won't see a reason to be in that relationship - possibly, for the now young & looking to live a porch life over self-values. Don't think the percentage is as many as 90% though.

To the question whether marriage is worth it - simple answer is YES only if you want marriage to work. Just like a job, studying for a paper, raising a child, caring for your parents.. many happenings in life cannot be measured by economical value and cannot be quantified.

my thoughts:

It has been argued by many that marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security. - not true anymore. Women is now more financially-empowered than they ever are in history.

-You are right. This is why more and more women who are growing older get frustrated in life as they put career as their priority in their 20s when in their 20s is their prime years to have a family. Some even decided to fuck around in their 20s sleeping with countless guys riding the cock carousel. Starting aged 30 she starts going downhill, frustrated as her looks deteriorate and no high value men pursuing her anymore. Her biological instincts of settling down and bearing a child will only grow stronger as years go by which fuels her frustration even more.

Is the phrase "WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE?" familiar to you?

The comment section is refreshing.

-"Only women, children, and dogs are loved unconditionally. A man is only loved under the condition he provide something." -Chris Rock

Except many things in life is measured by economic value, especially in relationships.
The simple fact is I want something from you, you want something from me is what keeps the relationship going.

Work place:
Your boss wants your labour, you want his/her money for your own income.

Business:
You want a supplier's item, the supplier wants your money to earn a living.

This post has been edited by Fanvil1534: Apr 19 2021, 12:21 PM
RUI
post Apr 19 2021, 02:55 PM

Enthusiast
722 posts

TS, is there anything else that you enjoy doing other than opening post b*tching about how overpriced something is?

Economy very bad for you is it?

"Only women, children, and dogs are loved unconditionally. A man is only loved under the condition he provide something." -Chris Rock

Chris Rock probably say that because it's a material for his comedy. But if you aren't living under rock, I strongly suggest you go visit SPCA, Hati Berganda, or DOSM (on how many single mom living below poverty line).

Just be grateful that you are in "condition" to be loved. Having conditional love better than no love at all. Oh wait, are you not? unsure.gif

P.S. After going statistic at DOSM; Chinese girl are pretty good at finding good mate. Kudos girl. Keep up with the standards. Remember staying single is better than marrying the wrong guy. And vice-versa.

Edited: It's REALLY IRONIC for u to quote, "women are loved unconditionally" after writing pages of points on how undeserving they are. So, which one is it? rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by RUI: Apr 19 2021, 02:59 PM
jianjie
post Apr 19 2021, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(Fanvil1534 @ Apr 19 2021, 11:48 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
so let me guess where you're going with that.. this is me trying to think from your perspective.

The entire society's model or human's society is basically flawed.

MEN wants many women, and we're biologically designed to want it and do it.
WOMEN wants security from men, as what's you've stated at the start. Now, women also wants monogamy as we begin to speak about gender equality.

let's move on to biology sides.

MEN is designed to have sex from puberty to a very old age, typically within the range of 50~60 years.
WOMEN is designed to bear children, and in the first one/two years of newborn women sex drive is low due to hormone and live changes. Women's ability to bear children is about 10~20 shorter than men, when menopause reaches. So biologically, how is men going to spend the extra 20 years without women or should we men just pick a lady that is at least 10 years younger?

Let's look at social structure.

In our parent's age, a father can feed the entire family. Lifestyle has changed, in this generation only a selected few families can live on single-working parents. When both parents work, there's less time for kid/family/personal time/sexual intimacy. Then men starts to consider from economical standpoint, is all these worth it?

Let's get back to the topic.

Logically speaking, marriage is not worth it considering your mental (and desire) development, biological constraints, and how the society is structured. So why so many still move into marriage? Isn't men better off by looking for hookups to satisfy sexual needs?

I hand this back to TS to answer.

TSFanvil1534
post Apr 20 2021, 04:26 AM

Enthusiast
807 posts

QUOTE(jianjie @ Apr 19 2021, 09:54 PM)
so let me guess where you're going with that.. this is me trying to think from your perspective.

The entire society's model or human's society is basically flawed.

MEN wants many women, and we're biologically designed to want it and do it.
WOMEN wants security from men, as what's you've stated at the start. Now, women also wants monogamy as we begin to speak about gender equality.

let's move on to biology sides.

MEN is designed to have sex from puberty to a very old age, typically within the range of 50~60 years.
WOMEN is designed to bear children, and in the first one/two years of newborn women sex drive is low due to hormone and live changes. Women's ability to bear children is about 10~20 shorter than men, when menopause reaches. So biologically, how is men going to spend the extra 20 years without women or should we men just pick a lady that is at least 10 years younger?

Let's look at social structure.

In our parent's age, a father can feed the entire family. Lifestyle has changed, in this generation only a selected few families can live on single-working parents. When both parents work, there's less time for kid/family/personal time/sexual intimacy. Then men starts to consider from economical standpoint, is all these worth it?

Let's get back to the topic.

Logically speaking, marriage is not worth it considering your mental (and desire) development, biological constraints, and how the society is structured. So why so many still move into marriage? Isn't men better off by looking for hookups to satisfy sexual needs?

I hand this back to TS to answer.
What's your question?

- Exactly. In fact, not playing the game as it is rigged against men, hence MGTOW.
DukeHyou
post Apr 20 2021, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(ah_suknat @ Apr 15 2021, 04:59 AM)
My wife works in different states now that we only get to see each other during school holidays.means sex is only during that period.

I didnt provide my wife, as I Have no stable jobs while my wife actually feeds me, transfering money to my account and constantly ask if i have enough money to use. I have larger portion of her life insurance than her parents. (Me 60%, her parents 40%)

No kids yet after 3 years of marriage.

We dated 6 years before got married. I was poor even before getting married.

We still stay loyal to each other.

Any scientific/educated/researched explanation for this then? My wife is dumb? But she has master degree in math and also the recipient of dean's list and best student award, and work as teacher.
why the fuck are you so proud?
ah_suknat
post Apr 20 2021, 09:44 AM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(DukeHyou @ Apr 20 2021, 01:07 AM)
I am proud of having a wife that doesn't depends on my financial status to love me as claim by TS?
jyll92
post Apr 20 2021, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(DukeHyou @ Apr 20 2021, 09:07 AM)
if u think money is the most important thing in the world. i feel sad for you. its simply just a tool to get what u want.
M0ndeg0
post Apr 20 2021, 10:12 AM

6 posts

"Marriage" is just a legal contract that just recognizes the union to the govt/religion. Well, besides that it also gives you the legal agreement of what you guys share and what you guys are entitled to in event of a divorce. That's all it is, just a contract. The rest is just ceremony.

If all you want is companionship, to have sex, rely on your spouse for financial security or even have kids, you can do so without signing this contract (cohabitation). In fact, I find this to be more pure. If both people truly love and trust one another, they wouldn't need govt/religion involvement to formally recognize their marriage and bind them in law in case anything goes wrong. Only problem is that any children born from cohabitation is considered illegitimate somehow in our country. Laws need to be changed for this.

This post has been edited by M0ndeg0: Apr 20 2021, 10:24 AM
unixcorp
post Apr 20 2021, 12:52 PM

On my way
564 posts

Marriage is like an investment.

You invest on good wife and good kids, but they dont necessarily give you your investment back. (Sex, support, loyalty, etc)

Your wife or/and kids might leave you someday. Who knows.

At the end of the day, its just some investment.

Whether you like or not, that is the reality.

This post has been edited by unixcorp: Apr 20 2021, 12:54 PM
al3xband
post May 4 2021, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

imho a big HELL NO... definitely not worth!! why? coz there is no guarantee in marriage but there is a guarantee of splitting your hard earn assets if divorce. Not all marriage ends with divorce but the divorce percentage is quite high! so why risk it?? and not every woman is keen on signing a prenup, even with that, the judge will always give leniency towards woman especially if they have kids and will ultimately rule in their favors, even with prenup. yes. prenup!

marriage is a long long very long term commitment towards each other. But thing is, people will change. love will change especially in this social media generation makes it even harder to commit...So the next best alternative to getting married is to elope ..dont sign any legal document thats binds you both. getting married is easy but getting out of it is difficult, costly and time consuming and your status wil forever be divorcee...not single. haha. anyway, those are just my opinion from experience that i wanted to share.

ps: i've spent a whopping of rm100k in divorce legal battle which took TWO painful, stressful, agonizing, mind draining YEARS to finally settle!! i lost the initial round then i won the appeal so ultimately i won the case in the end! moral of the story, dont ever put yourself thru that kind of shit. money can always earn back but the mental torture and stress is just not worth it!

a wise sifu once told me why eat 1 same dish when you can have a varieties of dishes everytime?? now i finally understand where he's coming from....

This post has been edited by al3xband: May 4 2021, 05:38 PM
TSFanvil1534
post May 4 2021, 05:34 PM

Enthusiast
807 posts

QUOTE(al3xband @ May 4 2021, 05:16 PM)
imho a big HELL NO... definitely not worth!! why? coz there is no guarantee in marriage but there is a guarantee of splitting your hard earn assets if divorce. Not all marriage ends with divorce but the divorce percentage is quite high! so why risk it?? and not every woman is keen on signing a prenup, even with that, the judge will always give leniency towards woman especially if they have kids and will ultimately rule in their favors, even with prenup. yes. prenup!

marriage is a long long very long term commitment towards each other. But thing is, people will change. love will change especially in this social media generation makes it even harder to commit...So the next best alternative to getting married is to elope ..dont  sign any legal document thats binds you both. getting married is easy but getting out of it is difficult, costly and time consuming and your status wil forever be divorcee...not single. haha. anyway, those are just my opinion from experience that i wanted to share.

ps: i've spent a whopping of rm100k in divorce legal battle which took TWO painful, stressful, agonizing, mind draining years to finally settle!! i lost the initial round then i won the appeal so ultimately i won the case in the end! moral of the story, dont ever put yourself thru that kind of shit. money can always earn back but the mental torture and stress is just not worth it!
QUOTE(unixcorp @ Apr 20 2021, 12:52 PM)
Marriage is like an investment.

You invest on good wife and good kids, but they dont necessarily give you your investment back. (Sex, support, loyalty, etc)

Your wife or/and kids might leave you someday. Who knows.

At the end of the day, its just some investment.

Whether you like or not, that is the reality.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Fanvil1534: May 4 2021, 07:54 PM
cjhor72
post May 4 2021, 05:37 PM

24 posts

yes, you can get married only if you are financially strong, else you better work on yourself.
al3xband
post May 4 2021, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(cjhor72 @ May 4 2021, 05:37 PM)
yes, you can get married only if you are financially strong, else you better work on yourself.
that is even more dangerous coz the wife will file for divorce and claim your assets if you cannot satisfy her needs and wants. ultimately you are at the mercy of your wife, pissed or disappoint her, she will divorce you... have affair with other girls, she will no doubt divorce you... disagreement with her, everytime fighting, argue with her until she cannot stand you anymore, she will divorce you and claim !! her lawyer and family members will add more fuel to the fire and try to claim as much assets as possible.
johnson.lukose
post May 4 2021, 06:04 PM

24 posts

I am working on 5-year validity marriage law. All marriages are valid for 5 YEARS ONLY from the date of marriage. After EXPIRY, both parties have to turn up to renew...
This will lessen the reasons for divorce - just let it lapse...
When child maintenance is calculated = it shall be divided by 2 to be paid by each parent...
There is NO wife / x-wife maintenance!
There is NO husband / x-husband maintenance! Wives inherit from husband's death and daughters inherit from father's death...

The divorce rate in the world is 32.18% based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography

For Malaysia, it's 24.4%:

user posted image

"It has been argued by many that marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security. Much like a woman of the night exchanges sexual favours in return for cash, the wife exchanges the same in exchange for the ring, the home and family."

Trevor Noah once said

Don't forget, in terms of sexual market value:
The older men get, the more attractive they become (looks, financial, social status)
The older women get, the less attractive they become (looks)

So is marriage really worth it?
To put it in another perspective:
Are you willing to risk your future kids' custody, 50% to 100% of your wealth and more just for some pussy action that will deteriorate as time goes by?
TSFanvil1534
post Sep 6 2021, 03:06 PM

Enthusiast
807 posts

Situation in China

Only women, kids and pets can be loved unconditionally. Men can only be loved under the condition he provides something.
-Paraphrase from Chris Rock

-Trevor Noah

"It has been argued by many that marriage is long-term prostitution, wherein women are trading sex for economic security.
Much like a woman of the night exchanges sexual favours in return for cash, the wife exchanges the same in exchange for the ring, the home and family."
-mystery-
post Sep 6 2021, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

Marriages will always be there. Even china has lifted the one-child-policy recently. If every men refused to get married, a lot of economic sectors would be dead. And it will influence the function of, overall society.

You can only do so much as a man, to maintain a relationship. Because governments, will outalpha you or always ensure every beta males given a 'fair' deal to get married.

The ultimate question is,
do you want to be a 9-5 clock beta male,
or do you want to be an alpha who is achieving his freedom of income and with women.

This post has been edited by -mystery-: Sep 6 2021, 06:41 PM

7 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:18 PM